Car and Bike Talk Discussions and comparisons of cars and motorcycles of all makes and models.

New Euro Civic revealed

Old 09-13-2011, 10:23 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Swift GT
Maybe it's just the color, but that has to be one of the ugliest cars I've ever seen..
Old 09-13-2011, 11:21 AM

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by rockville
It's better than the US version but I don't think it looks better inside or out than the outgoing model. I think the Focus still looks better.
Do you have any idea how much the ford focus fully loaded with all those options cost? Its more than the civic to thats takes it out of the equation. If you want a cheap focus for 19k you wont get that interior your thinking of.

A fully loaded ford focus with all the things your thinking about COST 27,000
Old 09-13-2011, 01:22 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Are we all seeing the same car here? I love hatch's but that is one ugly boring hatch.

Looks just like a prius. I don't see anything sporty looking about it.
Old 09-13-2011, 01:24 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Civic CrossTour From the side
Old 09-13-2011, 04:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That thing is hideous.
Old 09-13-2011, 05:18 PM

Originally Posted by woodburn
Originally Posted by rockville' timestamp='1315915867' post='20967998
It's better than the US version but I don't think it looks better inside or out than the outgoing model. I think the Focus still looks better.
Do you have any idea how much the ford focus fully loaded with all those options cost? Its more than the civic to thats takes it out of the equation. If you want a cheap focus for 19k you wont get that interior your thinking of.

So you are saying Nav will be standard in that car? Look, it's clear you want to defend Honda and you might be right about the price but this is a Euro market car and we don't know how much it will cost compared to the Euro Focus. Once we have comparative prices we can see if your protests are valid. Until then, the Focus looks better inside and out to me.
Old 09-13-2011, 07:00 PM

Originally Posted by rockville
Originally Posted by woodburn' timestamp='1315941699' post='20969531
[quote name='rockville' timestamp='1315915867' post='20967998']

So you are saying Nav will be standard in that car? Look, it's clear you want to defend Honda and you might be right about the price but this is a Euro market car and we don't know how much it will cost compared to the Euro Focus. Once we have comparative prices we can see if your protests are valid. Until then, the Focus looks better inside and out to me.
[/quote]
Bro for 22,000 you get a fully loaded civic si with navi etc...for 27,000 you get a focus with navi etc...what are you talking about?

You want to spend 22,000 on a focus then you get some cheesy focus we all know about. no navi no nothing.
Old 09-13-2011, 07:40 PM

Originally Posted by rockville' timestamp='1315963115' post='20970756
[quote name='woodburn' timestamp='1315941699' post='20969531']
[quote name='rockville' timestamp='1315915867' post='20967998']

[/quote]
Bro for 22,000 you get a fully loaded civic si with navi etc...for 27,000 you get a focus with navi etc...what are you talking about?

You want to spend 22,000 on a focus then you get some cheesy focus we all know about. no navi no nothing.
[/quote]

Um, could you show me where that car, the baby crap green Civic we are talking about, is prices at $22k? That car is a Euro spec car that hasn't hit the streets yet so I'm really impressed that you were able to quote the price in dollars.

If you want to talk about US Focus models well you might have a point but you can't get a Civic hatch in the US. That said, I was shocked when I walked into a San Jose Ford dealer and found a $28k Focus on the lot. No thanks. The $18k Focus isn't bad and the $28k model is quite nice ($28k sticker, no idea about the out the door price).
Still, I think the Focus is nicer.

BTW, you should check your numbers. According to Honda's website the cheapest Si Coupe is $22,2. The Sedan is about $200 more. A sedan with Nav is $24k with no automatic option (if you are like me you don't care that the Si doesn't come in an auto). Still to be fair the Ford does offer the DSG/auto. That doesn't have leather. Destination (which was included in my $28k) is an additional $770. Thus you are looking at a $24,7 Civic, not the $22k you mentioned. $22k does get you a Civic with nav but leather bumps you up to $23,5. Add $770 to either for shipping.

So let's price out a Focus. To make things fair we will use the sedan that starts at $16,5 vs the hatch which starts at $18,2. That's only fair since Honda doesn't have a hatch. A Focus SEL sedan with leather and nav comes out at $23,5 with shipping. So that seems to be the same as the Civic... until you add shipping. If we wanted to get the hatch (the closest thing to Mr Green up there) we would get the hatch. With the same SEL+leather and nav we are at $24,3. That means the nice Focus hatch is basically the same price as a Civic sedan with similar equipment. Unless Honda charges nothing extra for the hatch that won't come to the US, well I would say your price comparison has been busted. The Civic and Focus seem to have basically the same price with, in this comparison the Ford being the cheaper of the two.
Old 09-13-2011, 09:08 PM

I was using the new civic si US version. Which is a step above the car pictured which would make it cost even more money.
Old 09-13-2011, 09:21 PM

I was using the new civic si US version. Which is a step above the car pictured which would make it cost even more money.
I was using the prices off Honda's US website. They don't agree with the numbers you just quoted. According to Honda a non-Si with leather and nav stickers at $24,2 after shipping is added and the Si version (the one you are describing) cost even more. Again, your numbers and those I got from Honda's and Ford's websites don't add up. Please tell us where your numbers came from.

Quick Reply: New Euro Civic revealed