Car and Bike Talk Discussions and comparisons of cars and motorcycles of all makes and models.

New Civic Type R

Old 11-17-2022, 02:04 PM

Received 85 Likes on 63 Posts

Originally Posted by TommyDeVito
So let me get this correct here. Completely different vehicle, topic, discussion, vehicle, segment, what have you, that you are trying to make the same as this? LMAO. I tow most every weekend from April to November. I go off-road, national forest roads. I drive in all weather conditions. All of which my truck is perfectly suited for. Sorry buddy, that dog won’t hunt. I buy vehicles as tools. I’m going to buy a vehicle as a tool for the job it’s going to do. My truck is not my daily driver. And my AWD torque vectoring truck was over $10,000 less than a CTR and it has SH-AWD. If you’re gonna bullshit on here at least put a little more effort into it. Regarding the CTR we’re talking about cost of it vs. what you get. My truck was almost $20,000 less than a full size truck. Don’t let fanboisms overtake your brain.
Thank you for making my point.

You're justifying YOUR purchase of a tool that enabled you to perform whatever task it was supposed to. Someone that buys a CTR is probably buying a tool that meets the same criteria for them, whatever that criteria may be. Many may not agree with their choice, and that's where the fanboi, badge whoring, BS comes from, because they can't believe, that there are that many suckers (to them), that would buy this, when there are better alternatives out there, according to them.

How people equate a BRZ, a GT350, 1LE or ND, to a 4dr, usable hatchback is beyond me. The only comparable for me, would be the GRC. I'm not in the market for either, but if I was, I would get my head out of my ass, and purchase whatever tool was needed to do the job, regardless of the badge, or the price, or the opinion of some random person on the internet, be it on here, or YouTube. If my purchase came with a Fanboi T-shirt, so much the better.

Carry on!

Old 11-17-2022, 03:05 PM

Received 522 Likes on 400 Posts

Originally Posted by silvio1522
Thank you for making my point.

You're justifying YOUR purchase of a tool that enabled you to perform whatever task it was supposed to. Someone that buys a CTR is probably buying a tool that meets the same criteria for them, whatever that criteria may be. Many may not agree with their choice, and that's where the fanboi, badge whoring, BS comes from, because they can't believe, that there are that many suckers (to them), that would buy this, when there are better alternatives out there, according to them.

How people equate a BRZ, a GT350, 1LE or ND, to a 4dr, usable hatchback is beyond me. The only comparable for me, would be the GRC. I'm not in the market for either, but if I was, I would get my head out of my ass, and purchase whatever tool was needed to do the job, regardless of the badge, or the price, or the opinion of some random person on the internet, be it on here, or YouTube. If my purchase came with a Fanboi T-shirt, so much the better.

Carry on!

Well, I mean, Tommy listed out what and how he uses the tool he purchased. You did not list out how a prospective CTR buyer would be using that tool. Because, if it's the track, 300+hp through the front wheels many would argue isn't ideal, which is fine if there wasn't any direct competition, which there is. If it's for daily driving, I mean is a track oriented car the best tool for that? The PS4s tires even states as much. Just because you can, doesn't mean you should, but if you do good for you still doesn't mean you should. And don't get it mistaken, the CTR heavily relies on its tires to accomplish what it does.

Naturally, people make choices beyond objective criteria, and there is nothing wrong with that because end of the day it's your dollar.

I also don't get how people equate all those coupes to a 4 door usable hatchback, just like how some people justify the cost of a Honda by comparing it to a BMW.

I also don't get how people who say they're not fanbois, have no interest in the car, seem to want to defend Honda's honor over criticisms it's expensive despite being by all accounts a good car. Because, it is, my support is that the Elantra N does 95% of what the CTR does for over 12k less getting things right like fun to drive, and that its direct AWD competitors are about the same price and in some cases cheaper. Based on this, those who find it worthwhile must either really love FWD despite being on a RWD S2000 forum, or they have a brand preference, ie fanboism. And to a secure person, being a fanboi of something isn't a bad thing, we all got our allegiances and preferences. But I guess it triggers Honda fanbois.

Man, fanbois are a sensitive bunch. Make one mention of a car being too expensive and get shouted down with but but but Honda makes money, that's what businesses do, we're all free to make our own choices, you're making me feel like the only reason why I love this car is because says Type R on it. Relax, we're having a discussion with differing opinions, no need for all that.
Old 11-17-2022, 03:22 PM

Received 177 Likes on 125 Posts

Originally Posted by TheDonEffect
Man, fanbois are a sensitive bunch. Make one mention of a car being too expensive and get shouted down with but but but Honda makes money, that's what businesses do, we're all free to make our own choices, you're making me feel like the only reason why I love this car is because says Type R on it. Relax, we're having a discussion with differing opinions, no need for all that.
The problem is when people start throwing around labels like a child that people get annoyed. When stupid people can't make an argument they resort to childish names like fanboi. Also maybe you're just poor..? The better shifter, interior, etc etc etc as noted might be worth it to many people. If you don't have the money (are poor), I cant understand why you would call it expensive. People who buy generic advil at walmart proly call regular Advil expensive too. Sometimes value is in the eye of the beholder.