Car and Bike Talk Discussions and comparisons of cars and motorcycles of all makes and models.

New 2012 Civic Lineup on Honda website

Old 04-23-2011, 07:37 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I like the idea of more torque, and the display seems like a neat idea. That said, the new Civic Si does little to compete with the Mazdaspeed 3 and Subaru WRX. In the compact sports sedan class, you need a turbo charger to compete these days, and it's a shame Honda doesn't realize this. Maybe they could put some of those left over K20s into the CR-Z, call it a CR-Z Si, and finally give the Mini Cooper S something to worry about in D-Stock. That's an Si I would seriously consider.
Old 04-23-2011, 09:02 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I think I like the previous Si look better. It 'looked' smaller and more fun. The overall look with ride height, length, and wheel package on the previous Si looked balanced. This thing looks even more plebeian. :-(
Old 04-23-2011, 11:22 AM

Originally Posted by illdiealonlyazn
Originally Posted by i_heart_my_DB8' timestamp='1303491838' post='20496772
So, from what i'm gathering on this thread, the Civic Si should have:

-A high revving engine (8k redline, higher than a Mustang GT)
-A torquey engine (2.4L or bigger)
-A lighter curb weight
-A price under $20k

I'll admit it. I LOLED
The 06 had most of that and was under $20k. At $23k, I'd be shopping WRX, Genesis coupe, that upcoming focus ST, and v6 mustang for my speed fix (although I'm not fond of V6 mustangs)
Old 04-24-2011, 01:11 AM

I was passing by my local Honda dealer yesterday and had some extra time so I stopped by. They had an Ex-l on the showroom floor but no Si, I sat inside and took a look at it. It was just alright, I really liked the old ones. In my opinion, the exterior looks very ugly for being the new generation of a supposedly good looking car. I mean the last gen was good looking enough so they could have made it look better or at least keep it somwhere close to that. The new one's, espcecially the rear part looks way ugly and more like a Honda City (in Asian Market). And the way, it has a Prius like roof doesnt make me happy either

The interior also looks worse than the last gen, it has the same idea but everything looks boxy and squarish desgin. But i DID LIKE the new steering, , it felt better and I like the stiching on the leather( not sure if it was leather though )

I am not trying to be a hater but when I saw the 2006 Civic for the first time, and that was the JDM one, I followed the car for like 5 miles before the driver stopped and I got off my car and looked at it. It really was a big improvement over the last one. The new gen civics though, it honestly disappointed me.
Old 04-24-2011, 08:30 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Popeye
What bothers me most about the new generation is the front bumper treatment on the coupe,the separation on the front side windows,the mirrors have been moved to the doors rather than left on the a-pillar and last the exhaust manifold is now cast into the cylinder head (no aftermarket header option)
I've got an '11 LX and the manifold is part of the head on that one too (unless you're talking about the Si?)
Old 04-24-2011, 11:06 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ugly and Outclassed in its price range. The latest addition to the Honda Fail Train.
Old 04-24-2011, 03:50 PM

Received 31 Likes on 26 Posts

i never understood why honda refused to make the civic si outperform the discontinued rsx type s. i guess people will be forced to swap k20 heads on to these blocks.

did anyone else vomit when they saw the civic hf wheels? it looks like they discovered a backstock of 89 accord wheels.
Old 04-24-2011, 04:39 PM

Originally Posted by dc2-2-ap1
i never understood why honda refused to make the civic si outperform the discontinued rsx type s. i guess people will be forced to swap k20 heads on to these blocks.

did anyone else vomit when they saw the civic hf wheels? it looks like they discovered a backstock of 89 accord wheels.
This was a budget build more than anything. They simply dropped the k24 from the TSX and called it a day. With that said, the motor would pick up some power if it had exhaust cam VTEC.

On a side note, I'm almost positive that the k20, in all of its variants, is discontinued worldwide. Honda is a bit overdue for a k series successor anyway. Almost all the auto manufacturers are pulling near 200 from their 4 cylinders nowadays.
Old 04-24-2011, 05:25 PM

Originally Posted by Presto123
Ugly and Outclassed in its price range. The latest addition to the Honda Fail Train.
Yet it will still sell.
Old 04-25-2011, 05:28 AM

Received 389 Likes on 290 Posts

Originally Posted by ziggy55
Honda has info on the new Civic lineup its rolling out... Interior of the SI looks pretty sharp.

http://automobiles.honda.com/civic/
I think it looks rather gimmicky, especially the power meter. And how many places in the car say "Si"? I lost count.

Quick Reply: New 2012 Civic Lineup on Honda website