Car and Bike Talk Discussions and comparisons of cars and motorcycles of all makes and models.

never knew an svs could do this much damage

Old 04-27-2003, 05:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default never knew an svs could do this much damage

went to bloomington today with my riding partner....my dad. and me being 15 i have to follow him all the time. and he is kinda old and hasnt really pushed anything hard for along time, he jsut likes to enjoy the turns..im sure you old timers know how it is. he lets me lead alot though, but i always end up being so far infront i slow down alot. my dad has been riding sense he was 15, he has the skill, he just doesnt use it anymore.

today was my kinda day though. a car held up these 2 guys on a telfonica and a gix 750 so i was like hell yes. so we get to a straight and they nail it. so im like screw you dad im pushin it today. so i fly by and we were goin, i mean flying threw the twisties. i was surprised how glued to the 750s ass i was, even on the straights. (straights werent very long) the 600 was leading by a good margin though. i could have passed the 750 a few times but i didnt know the guys, and didnt want to put myself in a position to look like an ass. so after all the fun stuff we stop at a gas station and here comes my dad about a minute behind. haha. my dad and i go in and grab a water come out and start talkin to the guys. they were cool. it was the guy on the 750's first time threw there so that explains the slacking, but he was a good rider. it was my first time pushing it really hard threw there but i have been down 45 probably 10 times. turns out the guy on the 600 lives on a really nice road. so i take it he goes down 45 all the time. i live atleast an hour from all the good roads but this was the most fun i have had in my life!

i wander what the guys thought when i (a 15 year old) pulled off my helmet.

btw, after the guys left the gas station my dad said he started riding hard once he couldnt see us on this really long straight. he said "i miss riding like that, i guess i just lost the urge to ride fast with age". i hope my dad gets his young mentality back. its kinda depressing knowing your best friend is getting to old to enjoy what he did when he was younger.
Old 04-28-2003, 11:47 AM

If you didn't live so far away, I would be glad to come give you a lesson on how fast some of us "old guys" can go on a bike.

Meanwhile, you need to pay better attention in your English classes.
Old 04-28-2003, 04:59 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by scottrnelson
[B]If you didn't live so far away, I would be glad to come give you a lesson on how fast some of us "old guys" can go on a bike.

Meanwhile, you need to pay better attention in your English classes.
Old 04-29-2003, 03:59 PM

sounds like a lot of fun
Old 04-30-2003, 01:00 PM

I can well believe what you're saying. Just take it easy and enjoy yourself. You should try a track day some time!

I couldn't get the picture of your bike to work (url doesn't exist) however if you haven't yet changed your "zhorst" then may I suggest you proceed to black mail your old man to release some funds & get it done immediately.

I won't even suggest which make you should go for.

Ride safe.

D.

Here's a fallacy from the comic strip Ogri - "The older I get, the faster I was"

p.s. How come you can ride such a powerful bike in the States when you're 15 but can't drink in a pub until your 21?
Old 04-30-2003, 06:57 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Chill em
[B]

Here's a fallacy from the comic strip Ogri - "The older I get, the faster I was"
Old 05-01-2003, 04:58 AM

Originally posted by Honda Racer
the pic was hosted by geocitites....geocities is a bunch of crap, hah.
To view an image on GeoCities, you need to have visited one of the pages in that same region first. That at least forces you to view one of the advertisements that support the site.

What do you want for free?