Car and Bike Talk Discussions and comparisons of cars and motorcycles of all makes and models.

Name some cars that girls seldom drive

Old 02-26-2005, 12:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Mars,Feb 23 2005, 06:00 PM
well although some rich girls technically do own Ferrari's they can't drive them worth a damn... anyway I don't see many chicks in any gen. MR2 especially not the Spyder, guess they prefer miatas...
Really...the only two MR-S owners I know are both 20-something women
Old 02-26-2005, 01:26 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by no_really,Feb 26 2005, 01:22 PM
Hell, even in this thread, people make internally inconsistent statements, such as "girls like Mustangs, but don't care about peformance." Mustangs with V6 engines perform better than most of the other cars in the price range. The fact that the more powerful Mustangs are more expensive means that most Mustangs are the V6 versions, and so obviously, there are tons of women driving them, just like there are tons of guys who do.
These are STATISTICS... When you are given data, you make interpretations. If you cant' see that some cars are driven more by males, whereas other cars ar driven mostly by females, then you should be paying more attention to the world.

If you see a station wagon commercial, pay attention who is driving the station wagon.
When you see a V8 Mustang commercial, pay attention who is driving.

BTW, you have to be not paying attention to think that because your "ex-gf has a WRX wagon", etc, it means that girls drive the WRX, Mustang convertible, and Chevelles in general? Wouldn't that mean YOU are making generalizations too? There's a difference in observation and generalizations. A lot of us are telling what we notice, but you are criticizing us for making generalizations. BIG difference.
Old 02-26-2005, 01:51 PM

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

[QUOTE=Saki GT,Feb 24 2005, 11:28 AM] I see very few girls in Jeep Wranglers, especially with no doors.
Old 02-26-2005, 04:29 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Lice Locket,Feb 26 2005, 04:26 PM
These are STATISTICS...
nope, you're talking about what people "notice." Ever notice you see more of a particular model of car once you own one? It doesn't mean thre truly are more once you buy one, it merely means you start to notice them once you have one. I don't know about you, but I don't spend whole lot of time looking inside other vehicles when I drive :/ There is no way I'd say what I "notice" is reflective of the way things really are.
Old 02-26-2005, 04:52 PM

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by s2kpdx01,Feb 25 2005, 04:22 PM
vipers
Except apparently in Arlington VA! There are two red Vipers driven by older women, and by older I mean grandmotherish! One has white hair in a gmother bun, but drives that Viper and has vanity plate something like VPR CHIK !!
Old 02-26-2005, 08:46 PM

Originally Posted by Mars,Feb 23 2005, 06:00 PM
well although some rich girls technically do own Ferrari's they can't drive them worth a damn... anyway I don't see many chicks in any gen. MR2 especially not the Spyder, guess they prefer miatas...
Come out to SoCal and go to Willow Springs Raceway we have a few "girls" who drive and own Ferrari's who can out drive you without even trying. Women have better eye hand coordination than we guys have on average. What do base your opinion on? With the amount of guys who crash and post about their crashes here on this board the same can be said about guys who drive S2000's.
Old 02-27-2005, 07:48 AM

Are you joking? 90% of the Jeep Wranglers I see in TX are girls between the age of 16 and 29 I'd say. Anyone can back me up on this, hugely popular with girls, at least in TX.
any trip to the jersey shore reveals countless chicks driving wranglers with the tops down...i see them all over the place ...on a somewhat related sidenote, the chick from goldeeye drove that 355 vert in the beginning and she sure could drive (yes i know its a movie)
Old 02-27-2005, 08:27 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm friends with a married couple in my town that own a highly modified WRX and a modified Evo. The wife generally drives the Evo, but can bee seen driving the WRX also. She doesn't "baby" either of them. She can be a very aggressive driver when she wants to.

My wife drives our S2000 a good bit also, and has even raced it couple of times.
Old 02-27-2005, 08:13 PM

Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution.
Mainly those manual only vehicles.
Old 02-27-2005, 08:52 PM

Originally Posted by WFO Racer,Feb 26 2005, 09:46 PM
Come out to SoCal and go to Willow Springs Raceway we have a few "girls" who drive and own Ferrari's who can out drive you without even trying. Women have better eye hand coordination than we guys have on average. What do base your opinion on? With the amount of guys who crash and post about their crashes here on this board the same can be said about guys who drive S2000's.
well, I was quite harsh when I said that but I just had a bad experience awhile ago but it's no excuse, I sometimes say inflammatory bullshit like that when I'm pissed like I was when I made that post... but to retort, you don't even know me, so you have no idea how I drive so please don't attack, and I do live in SoCal, but I'm sorry if anyone was offended by my earlier statement

Quick Reply: Name some cars that girls seldom drive