Car and Bike Talk Discussions and comparisons of cars and motorcycles of all makes and models.

Name some cars that girls seldom drive

Old 02-23-2005, 08:37 PM

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

I sold my FD to a girl. Cool girl.
Old 02-23-2005, 08:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

A girl buddy of mine has a single-turbo RX7.
Old 02-23-2005, 09:10 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Eh, I dont' mean to sound sexist, but girls seem to buy cars for either its looks or practicality rather than its performance. According to some survey, 80% of v6 automatic Mustang owners are female, whereas almost all the V8 manuals are male owners.

There are some cars that I'm sure are more popular with females:

Civic (some girls think my Civic is cool cuz it has "beat," O well, I'm not gonna argue with them! Although, the new Si looks pretty sweet in terms of looks and specs)
Mustang (I've asked some girls why they like Mustangs, but few mention its performance)
VW Beetle (I know a straight man who drives one... at least, that's what he's been telling people)
med/full-size SUVs (plenty; I can say around my area, there are more females driving SUVs than males, especially in the freeway since I had some close calls with them when they change lanes without looking! The SUVs that are prominantly male owners usually are the big name ones, like the Escalades).

For cars that girls seldom drive? Well, I've rarely seen girls drive sports cars (I've seen only ONE or two girls driving an s2000 ever) or roadsters in general. Although, I've seen girls drive convertible Mustangs or those giant 5 seater convertibles. But, I live in SF, and it is pretty cold, so I guess you really have to be a sportscar fan to buy a roadster.

When you say "girls," we're not talking about older ladies right? That's like a whole different demographic...
Old 02-23-2005, 09:14 PM

[QUOTE=Lice Locket,Feb 23 2005, 10:10 PM] When you say "girls," we're not talking about older ladies right?
Old 02-23-2005, 09:31 PM

Originally Posted by Lice Locket,Feb 23 2005, 10:10 PM
Eh, I dont' mean to sound sexist, but girls seem to buy cars for either its looks or practicality rather than its performance. According to some survey, 80% of v6 automatic Mustang owners are female, whereas almost all the V8 manuals are male owners.
That's where my comment about rich females and Ferrari's came in, they only drive them becuase of looks, very few actually know how to handle one and can truly appreciate them, which is why I see primarily males in Lamborghini's because thay're even more extreme, and of course that leads to super-exotics like the McLaren F1 where I've never even heard of a female owning one. I sure as hell don't give two shits about practicality... which kind of annoys me when it comes to others when they act all crazy about their monstro-SUV's when they rarely even use its space... though my dad owns an Escalade but it fits as he has WAY too much work crap all over the place
Old 02-24-2005, 03:43 AM

girls seem to jump around with cars a lot

over a 2 month period, my sister's dream car went from a 1970's Mercedes SL to a BMW Z4 to a mini cooper S to a porsche boxster to a BMW Z3...

she finally ended up buying a 1988 porsche 911
Old 02-24-2005, 03:53 AM

Most of the Subaru's that I see over here, are being driven by chicks.

I think it must be their husbands/fathers buying them one due to the all wheel drive and slippery mountain roads...
Old 02-24-2005, 06:53 AM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

My S. The wife has driven it twice in three years.
Old 02-24-2005, 07:28 AM

Received 215 Likes on 148 Posts

I see very few girls in Jeep Wranglers, especially with no doors. That's too bad, because basically any girl in a CJ looks hot while she's in it, even if she's not so cute once she steps out.
Old 02-24-2005, 09:34 AM

Originally Posted by Saki GT,Feb 24 2005, 10:28 AM
I see very few girls in Jeep Wranglers, especially with no doors. That's too bad, because basically any girl in a CJ looks hot while she's in it, even if she's not so cute once she steps out.
Are you joking? 90% of the Jeep Wranglers I see in TX are girls between the age of 16 and 29 I'd say. Anyone can back me up on this, hugely popular with girls, at least in TX.

I'd have to say Corvette for the cars you never see a girl driving. Most women absolutely HATE the way Corvettes look, it's boggling. That's why the 350z is such a mystery, women seem to actually think it looks hotter than men, and most men think it looks hot. It's tough to make a car that both camps like the way it looks apparently.

Quick Reply: Name some cars that girls seldom drive