Car and Bike Talk Discussions and comparisons of cars and motorcycles of all makes and models.

My soon-to-be-baby Z (350Z that is)...opinions?

Old 02-01-2002, 09:37 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

When the convertible comes out, then I think it will be the time to compare. I still find it odd when people are considering such different cars, but to each his own as they say.

Kirk
Old 02-01-2002, 05:46 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by BAD S2K
Nice Audi TT
It looks A LOT better than TT IMO.........

congrats.....it's a great car to have.........Z car just looks awesome in person!!!!
Old 02-01-2002, 09:17 PM

Since the original post is chock full of inflammatory and reaction-invoking comparisons, I have to commend everyone for not falling into a flame war. I'm sure the original poster is most disappointed, judging from his own lack of response.
Old 02-01-2002, 11:17 PM
Spammer

You mean 250hp - that's what Nissan is 'claiming' that it will have.
Uh, I think you're thinking about the RX8, which will come out very soon too, with 250hp. Nissan says the Z will have from 280-300, and dealerships say 300 for manual, 280 for auto. If the Z will have 250, not only am I going to take my 2 grand back, but I'm gonna make the dealership lick my anus, literally.
Unless the Track model has power, heated leather seats (which it doesn't) and amongst other things, um, I think I'm sticking to the Touring model.
Oh, will u please forgive me for my "lack of response" (as stated above)? I've been busy. Just like I'm going to bed right now cuz I gotta wake up early to take care of some stuff. So please forgive me. Pretty please???
Old 02-02-2002, 10:00 AM

nice hoice on the 350Z!! i just ordered one from i guy i know who owns a dealership, and said i will only pay what the sticker price is. he also added that there will be no dealer options unless i wanted the. i ordered the tourin pkg with 6spd and apearence pkg, Daytona blue with frost leather is what color i ordered. when will your be coming in? i know mine is due in late july.
congrats on your choice!!
Old 02-02-2002, 05:02 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by davekmdmd
[B]
Old 02-02-2002, 09:13 PM

. I agree the Z looks increable in paper can wait till i dirve it..
Old 02-03-2002, 12:28 AM

Ohhhhhhh man...I guess I'll be hitting the local Nissan dealers soon!!!

That looks HYPE.

Peace.
Old 02-03-2002, 11:38 PM

I ordered my s2000 15 days ago, it was either that or the new 350z. The Z looks beautiful its a nice car and I rather have a v-6 then a I-4 but that damn engine is used in like 4 different cars beside the 350z (maxima, altima, I35, G35) what's up with that? Another reason its coming out in August, I cant wait. I wanted to get the track model NO LEATHER available the convertible is coming out in 1 year. I was like whatever, Ill get the touring model with leather and the navi, but I said forget it. I put a deposit on the s2k and its coming MARCH!

Oh by the way the Z is 280+Hp so it might be 300Hp, but I doubt it will be faster then the s2000 stook but im sure if they mod it up it will take the s2000.

CONGRADS ON YOUR Z and enjoy, trust me its a nice car but it wasn't for me, and I don't want to wait!!!

Harry (suzuka blue)
Old 02-04-2002, 01:19 AM
Spammer

Originally posted by newbie
nice hoice on the 350Z!! i just ordered one from i guy i know who owns a dealership, and said i will only pay what the sticker price is. he also added that there will be no dealer options unless i wanted the. i ordered the tourin pkg with 6spd and apearence pkg, Daytona blue with frost leather is what color i ordered. when will your be coming in? i know mine is due in late july.
congrats on your choice!!
Holy crap! You ordered one too? And even a 6-sp Touring with frost leather? Wow! Did you copy me? Congratulations, dude! Very nice choice. Actually, I got pearl white (or pikes peak white as they call it), among side-airbags, little bodykit with a spoiler, and whateva else. You're getting it at MSRP? Damn, you can't beat that. Maybe I should get to know the owner too. First, they asked me for $5,000 over MSRP, but then I decided to walk out. They called me back and said I could have it for $3000 over. Well, I gave them a deposit, but hope that I'll be able to negotiate a little more when it gets here. Oh well, whateva, I'll pay $3000, no big deal.
Well, they said it'll most likely to be here by August. It's gonna be a great car. Congratulations to us! I really was about to get an S2000, but then decided to wait for the Z, cuz I'm kinda fed up with the tiny displacement, no torque thing. I want raw power like a Cobra or something, but handles much much better. Even a little mod, like I/H/E will increase hp significantly. And guess what else? They are bringing NISMO here to satisfy the owners (well, at least they be selling NISMO modification products). Plus it's so damn pretty.

Quick Reply: My soon-to-be-baby Z (350Z that is)...opinions?