Car and Bike Talk Discussions and comparisons of cars and motorcycles of all makes and models.

My S should play for the Yankees!

Old 06-12-2005, 10:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My S should play for the Yankees!

So last night, in my single-car garage, I was surgically removing the spaceship from the rear of my GSXR-6 with an Exacto-knife. This is when I realized, "Hey, this would be a whole lot easier if I had a bit more room." I folded up my chair, walked to the left side of the bike, and pushed it forward about three feet. (It started off next to the car on the right side). I noticed however, that while pushing the bike, the kickstand was dragging. So I kicked it back down (here's the funny part...) and set it down.

The kickstand folds under itself and all of a sudden I'm holding the bike up with my right knee and hands on the handle bars. "Crap" I say to myself, "this Bit_ch is heavy!" All of a sudden, I take a look to my right and realize where the bike is in relation to my car. The left side of the tail is dangling oh-so close to the front-right corner of my S. I've had the bike for a month and never realized how heavy the w_hore was.

Too late! BAMN!!! The bike lands square onto the car's FR headlight/bumper. "######!" I yell. I take a step back and assess the situation. Looked simple enough. Pick the bike up and press on.

So there I am. Three in the morning, in the garage in my boxers and tube socks, four empty Miller Light cans at my feet. Motorcycle laying on my car. I get a grip on the frame of the bike, bend at the knees, yell, "######!!!" and LIFT!!! Up up up she goes. Yeah! Looks like everything's going to be alright...

My sock slips out from under me. The kickstand was never put back into place. Down down down she goes. Uh-oh, this b_itch is heavy. Maybe I should move out of the way. I jump back and BAMN!!! The tail slams down on my headlight again, this time sliding down and across the front of the bumper. Good thing the cement was there to catch it.

Bike damage: 1 shattered left rear turn signal (chopped it off five minutes later anyhow) & minor scuff marks on tail section.

S2000 damage: Scratched/scuffed FR headlight housing, same with bumper.

Good thing both vehicles are silver and thank God for Frame Sliders!

-end of rant-

Lloyd
Old 06-13-2005, 12:08 AM

that story almost brought a tear to my eyes. if my R1 dropped on the ground, i would cry. If it hit my car i would likely light my garage on fire and go on a killing rampage in my blind rage. to have one of your babies get hurt is handleable. having both of them injured is earth shattering...my condolences.
Old 06-14-2005, 05:42 AM

Received 33 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by Slippyfist,Jun 13 2005, 02:36 AM
So there I am. Three in the morning, in the garage in my boxers and tube socks, four empty Miller Light cans at my feet.
I think I see your problem.
Old 06-14-2005, 05:51 AM
Community Organizer

Received 185 Likes on 163 Posts

Originally Posted by Conedodger,Jun 14 2005, 09:42 AM
I think I see your problem.
No kidding.

I won't even touch my bikes after 4 beers for that very reason.

Buy a rearstand.
Old 06-14-2005, 08:11 AM

Yeah, a rear stand would have helped. And no, I wasn't drunk. I'd been out there for a few hours washing/polishing the bike. The beer can reference was just to set a visual background for my story.

Anybody recommend a good bike stand?

Lloyd
Old 06-14-2005, 08:28 AM
Community Organizer

Received 185 Likes on 163 Posts

PITBULL.

I own 3 rearstands and 1 front, all PITBULL.
Old 06-14-2005, 03:35 PM

Received 33 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by Slippyfist,Jun 14 2005, 12:11 PM
And no, I wasn't drunk.
I was more concerned about it being Miller Lite!!
Old 06-14-2005, 08:59 PM

Handy stands get the job done unless you are REAL big into tearing them apart or keeping them on stands at the track. they are plenty sturdy enough for casual use. $108 shipped to my door for front and rear combo.

www.handyindustries.com
Old 06-16-2005, 09:09 PM

Originally Posted by freq,Jun 14 2005, 08:51 AM
No kidding.

I won't even touch my bikes after 4 beers for that very reason.

Buy a rearstand.
lol shitty way to learn these bikes are heavy.... just be thankful you didn't find out by it being on top of you...
Old 07-13-2005, 09:22 PM

Dude, I frequently have nightmares like what you gone through. Sorry about that.

Quick Reply: My S should play for the Yankees!