Car and Bike Talk Discussions and comparisons of cars and motorcycles of all makes and models.

My new project... 56k is a no no

Old 04-01-2006, 10:49 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

No offense but that manifold and your high flow cat along with your crush bent exhaust piping looks AWFUL in quality. Why not spend the money and get quality parts?
Old 04-01-2006, 10:55 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i know they look like crap... im going to re-polsih everything and possibly ceramic coat them. i might however cut off that part on the high flow cat thats crush bent and get a welded curve on it.
Old 04-01-2006, 11:36 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 04_tuscani,Apr 1 2006, 10:29 AM
well how often do u see a s/c s2k or a turbo s2k in norcal. ive been living here for 5 yrs so far and i have yet to seen a heavily modified s2k except for at car shows. never on the street.

plus for the amount of money ive spent into my hyundai altogether ive only spent 24k with the turbo and other mods. a brand new s2k is 32k+. and of course i wouldnt want it stock so i would be spending a lot more modding my s2k.

and see most of u are playi8ng the name game... oh the car sucks bc its a hyundai. lol on the show TOPGEAR they gave the tiburon a better rating then lexus sc430. hahaha.
For most people, an s2000 doesn't need to be turbo'd or supercharged. You can get final drive gears that, alone, can smoke Evos if drag racing is your thing.

Plus, you're turboing a car to beat the s2000 on the strip? The s2000 isn't a drag car, so even if you'd like to see it happen, most s2000s would probably not even want to drag race with you nor anyone else.

And the Hyundai Tiburon doesn't "suck" because it is a Hyundai. I think the people here are criticizing what you are doing, not the car itself. Plus, with the turbo, your engine and tranny aren't gonna last much longer than a n/a s2000. You said you spent $24k on the car and mods? Well, would it surprise you if I told you that I got my 01 s2000 for $23k out the door? And I know for sure that you can get them as low as $18k on craigslist.
Old 04-01-2006, 11:39 AM

i dont want a used s2k. i wanted a new one. the only used car i wwould want is a chreap one like a 240sx or something like that. bc i would replace a lot of the parts. on a s2k i wouldnt know how hard they have driven the car and etc. but yea like i said imn not doing this jus so i can beat a s2k. i want my car to step up to the next level. plus this isnt jus going to be drag. im also going to beef up the suspension and try going grip on the track.
Old 04-01-2006, 11:51 AM

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

After seeing how well Tuscani has responded in this thread, in the light of what's been posted, I now believe he meant no ill-will. I believe he's just an enthusiastic young man who is proud of what he's accomplished with his car. Unfortunately, the approach and execution of his posting was a little misguided.
Tuscani, I would suggest you try to close this thread by using the "mod options" at the bottom of this page. If this is not available to you, just "report" you first post and ask it to be closed. A moderator will get that report.
Unfortunately, you are getting "beat up" here and to continue will be needless punishment. You've gotten all the different types of comments you're going to get and keeping this alive won't change that.
I salute you in the amount of work you've done on your car, but kill this thread.
Old 04-01-2006, 03:19 PM

[QUOTE=Lice Locket,Apr 1 2006, 03:36 PM] For most people, an s2000 doesn't need to be turbo'd or supercharged.
Old 04-01-2006, 03:27 PM

i do too. the evo has the best 50/50 awd system. do u have any vids or something to back that up?
Old 04-01-2006, 04:08 PM

Wait......you are going to track your Hyundai Tiburon? Sorry to rant but this just gets me back to what i keep trying to tell people. If you want to do something with a car, get a car that will suit what you would like to do. If you want a drag race get a RWD muscle car (mustang, camaro, firebird, etc), its the cheapest way to go fast. If you want to drift, get a RWD import that will be easy to get setup information and aftermarket suspension parts for such as a 240sx, or a AE86, Supra, etc. If you want to track your car, find a car that has good weight distribution, good suspension options and support and preferably RWD, or AWD (good starters are a Miata, MR2, 240, S2000 etc). Why would you buy a FWD Hyundai with very little aftermarket support, and try to turn it into a track or drag car? I am not trying to offend you im just not understanding the logic of why you chose that car if your intent was a good street/track car?
Old 04-01-2006, 04:12 PM

well parts may vary btwn companies but i can get full suspension.

they sell coilovers, springs, front and rear strut bars, and sway bars. shocks, all new polyurethane bushings for the suspension, roll cages, lsd, traction bar kits, im not to sure on what else is out there or needed.
Old 04-01-2006, 04:42 PM

I have a friend who tracks his Civic Si. He had a Integra before that, and that car saw a lot of time on the track. He did fairly well in spite of it being FWD. Tuscani, good luck with your goals, whether it's doing well at the dragstrip or track.

Quick Reply: My new project... 56k is a no no