Car and Bike Talk Discussions and comparisons of cars and motorcycles of all makes and models.

My new car

Old 06-08-2011, 12:40 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

niceeeeeee.... I'm so jealous haha!
Old 06-08-2011, 08:00 PM

Leaving tomorrow for Texas. Hopefully all goes well.
Old 06-08-2011, 09:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Old 06-08-2011, 10:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Good luck on the drive. I am so jealous, knowing not only what you are driving but what you are driving through. Pretty much dream road trip material. Take a vid somewhere along the way just for fun.
Old 06-09-2011, 01:17 PM

Picked the car up. It's insane. It looks like it wants to kill me. The stance of it and the color is ridiculous. I will have pictures and video later.
Old 06-09-2011, 02:04 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Thats great man congrats. awesome buy.
Old 06-09-2011, 06:34 PM

Originally Posted by s2kpdx01
Picked the car up. It's insane. It looks like it wants to kill me. The stance of it and the color is ridiculous. I will have pictures and video later.
Moar pics/vid or ban!
Old 06-10-2011, 06:15 PM

Originally Posted by Distracted S2000
Originally Posted by s2kpdx01' timestamp='1307654237' post='20666977
Moar pics/vid or ban!

OK, OK. I promise I will get some soon. I forgot the cable for my video camera to tranfer the movies, but i will get one. I will have some high quality pictures a bit later.

I drove for 500+ miles today from austin to amarillo. We had to go through a nasty thunderstorm. At one point I had to pull off and wait a few minutes for it to clear. We took off when it was raining lighter, but it was still pretty heavy. The car did pretty well...no hydroplaning issues.

The car IS F*CKING unbelievable. The engine is new, from arrow racing, balanced and blueprinted beyond dodge's specs and it is amazing. It lopes along at 1.5k rmps at 85 mph..incredible. I tried to get a video of the speedo at about 60-120 all in 3rd, but as I started to punch it a cop was driving in the opposite lane of a 4 lane highway. I had hit for a couple of seconds maybe less so i was going around 85-90 probably..not sure. he crossed the divide and started to follow me. He followed me for maybe 2 minutes, came up on the driver side quarter panel, gave me a head nod and slowed down got behind me and exited.

The car is pretty comfortable for what it is. My buddy who is helping me drive it back has ridden in an Lambo SV and said the cockpit in the viper is roomier, and much more comfortable. It may not be as comfy as the vette, but the seats are much more comfortable then my s2000 was.

The gawk factor is almost too high though. When I get gas people pose with it. A couple of guys took video and followed me onto the free way just to tape it. I had some kids in camaro try to coax me into a highway pull. It's sitting at the track height, which is low. The color is out of this world (a bit dusty now). I think I underestimated just how much attention this thing might get. So far it's been all good, but that could get to very annoying.

The steering is heavy and very exact. It points and shoots with the best I have ever driven. It doesn't feel big. The car is pretty quiet with the windows rolled up in 6th on the freeway, quieter then my s2000 was.

I am straight up in love with this thing. Hands down the best car I have ever driven.

PS: The stereo is pretty awesome actually. Great for blasting butt rock!
Old 06-10-2011, 06:51 PM

Received 118 Likes on 68 Posts

Originally Posted by s2kpdx01
Originally Posted by Distracted S2000' timestamp='1307673268' post='20667759
[quote name='s2kpdx01' timestamp='1307654237' post='20666977']
Moar pics/vid or ban!

The gawk factor is almost too high though. When I get gas people pose with it. A couple of guys took video and followed me onto the free way just to tape it. I had some kids in camaro try to coax me into a highway pull. It's sitting at the track height, which is low. The color is out of this world (a bit dusty now). I think I underestimated just how much attention this thing might get. So far it's been all good, but that could get to very annoying.

[/quote]

I totally get what you're saying (I hope this doesn't come across as rude in any way. I have the utmost respect for you.) but as annoying as that may be, it's kind of your cross to bear. As far as all of them are concerned, you're living the dream and they just want to be a part of it in some small way. It's not fair to you but it's just one of those things were you can really make someone's day by not reacting annoyed. Again, I get it. People stare at me in my Miata all of the time.
Old 06-10-2011, 07:00 PM

Received 427 Likes on 238 Posts

Congrats on getting it! Be safe driving home and I'm looking forward to checking out the pics and vids!

Quick Reply: My new car