Car and Bike Talk Discussions and comparisons of cars and motorcycles of all makes and models.

My new car

Old 07-20-2011, 02:17 PM

Received 28 Likes on 24 Posts

you have a very beautiful car, take care of her and enjoy in good health.
Old 07-20-2011, 03:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by s2kpdx01
Originally Posted by Rabbi010' timestamp='1311199451' post='20798789
Guy on another forum I posted had one, traded it in for a R8. Said he loved driving the ACR with its raw power and the only reason he switched to a R8 is because the ACR isn't practical for driving on the streets. Its just you, the power and the road; very unforgiving. Good shit on the purchase!
It does suck sometimes on these 'beautiful' calif roads, but I have been daily driving it for about a month now. I've put almost 5k miles on it in 5 weeks and 1800 of that was a trip from texas back to SF when I bought it. We have bonded, but sometimes I get mad at it when it attempts to rearrange the vertebrae in my spine. But, then I get to accelerate to freeway speeds in first and all is forgiven!

I had to smog it today and it passed with flying colors. 3 little kids took lots of pictures of it. It's been a joy to own so far. I thinking about getting an extended warranty for it through chrylser group. Supposedly it's a great warranty and at about 2k for 7yrs and 60k miles it seems like cheap insurance.

I just wish i could get out to the track more often with it...stupid work and weekday track days...
Yeah, another member posted that those car gets a SHIT TON of attention. Girls love being seen it in it but hate driving in it because they feel every knook and cranny in the road. Any crazy stories in terms of attention yet?

Car is still sexy though. 5k miles in 5 weeks?! Damn you must love driving that thing.
Old 07-20-2011, 03:55 PM
Member (Premium)

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

Hey, if you don't have time to take it to the track, I could always do it for you. You know, like baby sitting. At 100 MPH around a sweeper.
Old 07-25-2011, 04:40 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

got a "$1000 gift from the sheriffs dept" on sat, officer's exact words. he estimated I was going 70-80 which is probably right. I didn't really know as I was only in second gear and not really paying attention, but it was a 35mph zone so either way I was in trouble. First time being pulled over and didn't get a ticket so that was nice. He was mad, mad at me, but he let me go so all's well that ends well. I need to be more careful.
Old 09-29-2011, 04:08 PM

new rotors (fronts only, already paid for $520 for two of them) put on today, diff and transmission fluid changed, caliper bleed, safety inspection and had the suspension softened up while it was in there. They kept the car for a few days and bedded my pads into the new rotors. He took it out and heat cycled it 3 times for me.

grand total...$460 with tax and everything. Valaya Racing, if you are local is great shop with great rates. Ted always trys to make it is economical as he can for you. The transmission oil in my evo was like $150 or something just by itself.

I had him set the suspension to pretty soft as I'm not going to be on track anytime soon and the roads here are terrible. It feels like I have a new car. it's so comfortable now. the KW3s really are nice coilovers.
Old 09-29-2011, 04:35 PM

Received 148 Likes on 115 Posts

I think I briefly saw your car in a carwoo commercial. It's at the end of the commercial where the guy bought a bunch of cars and they are all sitting on the front lawn. I think I saw your car in the middle.
Old 09-29-2011, 05:56 PM

Originally Posted by S2020
I think I briefly saw your car in a carwoo commercial. It's at the end of the commercial where the guy bought a bunch of cars and they are all sitting on the front lawn. I think I saw your car in the middle.
crazy..someone actually saw that commercial. I'm a founder and CTO of CarWoo!
Old 09-29-2011, 06:39 PM

They kept the car for a few days and bedded my pads into the new rotors. He took it out and heat cycled it 3 times for me.
I will do all of the service, including the pad bedding for free... Just sayin'.
Old 09-30-2011, 05:53 AM

Received 416 Likes on 239 Posts

Originally Posted by s2kpdx01
new rotors (fronts only, already paid for $520 for two of them) put on today, diff and transmission fluid changed, caliper bleed, safety inspection and had the suspension softened up while it was in there. They kept the car for a few days and bedded my pads into the new rotors. He took it out and heat cycled it 3 times for me.
I thought you just got a set of 2 piece rotors?
Old 09-30-2011, 08:14 AM

Originally Posted by Gigdy
Originally Posted by s2kpdx01' timestamp='1317341316' post='21024737
I thought you just got a set of 2 piece rotors?
the acr has stoptech 2 piece rotors on all 4 corners. 2 of mine (the fronts) were real worn so i got new ones.

The rumor is that another person on this board is getting into an ACR, but I don't want to steal his thunder. There are going to be two of us now!

Quick Reply: My new car