Car and Bike Talk Discussions and comparisons of cars and motorcycles of all makes and models.

My new car

Old 06-19-2011, 10:31 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by s2kpdx01
so funny story...

And he drove off. The back of the truck said something like "import cars suck" or something. So if someone lives in san mateo and sees that truck ask him about his latest group of tickets!

And inform him that the Viper is not an IMPORT!
Old 06-20-2011, 12:51 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Not gonna lie I've never liked vipers...

Until I saw yours
Old 06-20-2011, 07:33 AM

Originally Posted by IwantanS
Originally Posted by s2kpdx01' timestamp='1308542677' post='20699294
so funny story...

And he drove off. The back of the truck said something like "import cars suck" or something. So if someone lives in san mateo and sees that truck ask him about his latest group of tickets!

And inform him that the Viper is not an IMPORT!
it might of said 'import cars rule' or something equally stupid. that would make more sense, but it looked like it said sucked. it was rather dusty!
Old 06-20-2011, 08:56 AM

Received 118 Likes on 68 Posts

Originally Posted by s2kpdx01
so funny story...

we were doing some high quality video shots of it in an huge empty gravel parking lot. they use it for a carnival in the summer. It connects two different roads and sometimes people cross it to escape traffic, but it runs right behind the police station.

The video is for car reviews we are starting to do at carwoo. Anyway, we get stuff set up and we are doing some shots. As we are doing it this truck starts driving through the parking lot slowly. As he gets behind us he floors it and just throws a ton of dirt in the air. He didn't put any rocks on the car, but put a shit load of dirt in the air. The wind was blowing hard so it was gone pretty quick. We just said, "dick' and moved on. About 20 secs later a cop came through gave us a nod and smile and motored on after the guy. He was on a bike and drove quickly down wind of the car.

About 20 mins later the cop showed back up. We were not supposed to be in this parking lot. The convo went like this:

Cop : "Who's car is this?"
ME: "Well if we are in trouble it's his, if not it's mine" nervous chuckle

Cop: "Lucky you. Sweet car. Just wanted to let you know I ran that guy down in the truck. I asked him why he did that to you guys and his words were "i was just being a dick." So I threw the book at him. I gave him every ticket he qualified for.

ME: "Really?"
Cop: "Yeah. That was a pretty bullshit thing to do and it was illegal to drive through here like that. Anyway, have fun and get lots of cool pictures and video. That car is awesome!"

Awesome. Is it just me or do cops only come in two flavors: "really awesome" or "huge pain in the balls?"
Old 06-20-2011, 12:42 PM

Originally Posted by Mr.E.G.
Originally Posted by s2kpdx01' timestamp='1308542677' post='20699294
so funny story...

we were doing some high quality video shots of it in an huge empty gravel parking lot. they use it for a carnival in the summer. It connects two different roads and sometimes people cross it to escape traffic, but it runs right behind the police station.

The video is for car reviews we are starting to do at carwoo. Anyway, we get stuff set up and we are doing some shots. As we are doing it this truck starts driving through the parking lot slowly. As he gets behind us he floors it and just throws a ton of dirt in the air. He didn't put any rocks on the car, but put a shit load of dirt in the air. The wind was blowing hard so it was gone pretty quick. We just said, "dick' and moved on. About 20 secs later a cop came through gave us a nod and smile and motored on after the guy. He was on a bike and drove quickly down wind of the car.

About 20 mins later the cop showed back up. We were not supposed to be in this parking lot. The convo went like this:

Cop : "Who's car is this?"
ME: "Well if we are in trouble it's his, if not it's mine" nervous chuckle

Cop: "Lucky you. Sweet car. Just wanted to let you know I ran that guy down in the truck. I asked him why he did that to you guys and his words were "i was just being a dick." So I threw the book at him. I gave him every ticket he qualified for.

ME: "Really?"
Cop: "Yeah. That was a pretty bullshit thing to do and it was illegal to drive through here like that. Anyway, have fun and get lots of cool pictures and video. That car is awesome!"

Awesome. Is it just me or do cops only come in two flavors: "really awesome" or "huge pain in the balls?"
I think that's probably true. I think a lot of them let the job get to em and some just have the ability to let all the BS roll off their back. The car helps too. I doubt the cop in texas or this one would of been so cool if i was driving a clapped out civic.
Old 06-20-2011, 12:43 PM

Originally Posted by Chris S
[
Awesome story! I'm bummed I wasn't able to get downtown to meet you in Austin, work has just been too crazy lately. Glad you're enjoying your new beast, I can only imagine what a visceral experience it must be!
yeah, me too. I would say we could meet up later, but i'm not 1800 miles away! If you are ever in the bay area....

Visceral is a good way to describe it.
Old 06-20-2011, 02:37 PM

I'll def. keep you in mind next time I'm in the area - I love the Bay Area, and may be in the Sonoma area around August.
Old 06-20-2011, 10:18 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

your car looks like a sr 71 or a citation x with wheels damn is so f@#kin hot... what people say or how many ´people look the car while your are passing
Old 06-21-2011, 03:51 PM

Originally Posted by s2kwhitepanama
your car looks like a sr 71 or a citation x with wheels damn is so f@#kin hot... what people say or how many ´people look the car while your are passing
thanks. the pictures don't quite do it justice. i was shocked when i saw it in person for the first time. I was speechless. I have gotten use to it now and it just looks like my car.
Old 06-21-2011, 10:30 PM

Still waiting for those videos that we were promised. (It's hard to live vicariously through you when we don't get to see what you are doing..)

Quick Reply: My new car