Car and Bike Talk Discussions and comparisons of cars and motorcycles of all makes and models.

My new car

Old 06-19-2011, 02:37 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by cbehney
I like that color more each time you post pics. Keep them coming!

I'm a little disappointed though - I thought you'd post a shot of the wood plank you put down in the water spillway of the driveway entrance.
Ghetto Style...
Old 06-19-2011, 02:41 PM

Originally Posted by EastS2k
In for engine bay shots )

Enjoy in good health.

the most requested shot of the ACR....TRUNK!!

Old 06-19-2011, 02:52 PM

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts

As if I wasn't jealous enough before...that rear end shot is amazing.

Your used-limber bridge does look a little..out of place! I'll bet you drive pretty slowly over that.

I'm pretty sure this is my favorite car on s2ki right now!

I had no idea the rear deck on those was like that. Pretty neat.
Old 06-19-2011, 04:45 PM

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts

I agree one of the best cars on s2ki, up there with Raj's lambo. The engine bay makes my mouth water, very clean set up - I love it how they kept the engine bay pure and didn't hide it under a huge plastic mask, extra points for the dipstick being accessible too.

*note the gigantic radiator hose, makes the s2k hose look like a twig.
Old 06-19-2011, 05:38 PM

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts

very clean set up - I love it how they kept the engine bay pure and didn't hide it under a huge plastic mask, extra points for the dipstick being accessible too.
I agree about exposing the engine. And the extra points for the dipstick. Heck, extra points for even having a dipstick!

I thought about the Lambo too, but I thought that was gone. I think there's also a 458 on here, though for sheer visual Wow factor the Viper beats it (in my opinion).
Old 06-19-2011, 08:04 PM

so funny story...

we were doing some high quality video shots of it in an huge empty gravel parking lot. they use it for a carnival in the summer. It connects two different roads and sometimes people cross it to escape traffic, but it runs right behind the police station.

The video is for car reviews we are starting to do at carwoo. Anyway, we get stuff set up and we are doing some shots. As we are doing it this truck starts driving through the parking lot slowly. As he gets behind us he floors it and just throws a ton of dirt in the air. He didn't put any rocks on the car, but put a shit load of dirt in the air. The wind was blowing hard so it was gone pretty quick. We just said, "dick' and moved on. About 20 secs later a cop came through gave us a nod and smile and motored on after the guy. He was on a bike and drove quickly down wind of the car.

About 20 mins later the cop showed back up. We were not supposed to be in this parking lot. The convo went like this:

Cop : "Who's car is this?"
ME: "Well if we are in trouble it's his, if not it's mine" nervous chuckle

Cop: "Lucky you. Sweet car. Just wanted to let you know I ran that guy down in the truck. I asked him why he did that to you guys and his words were "i was just being a dick." So I threw the book at him. I gave him every ticket he qualified for.

ME: "Really?"
Cop: "Yeah. That was a pretty bullshit thing to do and it was illegal to drive through here like that. Anyway, have fun and get lots of cool pictures and video. That car is awesome!"

And he drove off. The back of the truck said something like "import cars suck" or something. So if someone lives in san mateo and sees that truck ask him about his latest group of tickets!
Old 06-19-2011, 08:12 PM

drove a GTR today. Awesome car. The best quote of the day comes from the owner of the GTR: "When I drive the GTR I feel like it's trying to help me. When I just look at your car (viper) I feel like it wants to kill me"
Old 06-19-2011, 08:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by s2kpdx01
drove a GTR today. Awesome car. The best quote of the day comes from the owner of the GTR: "When I drive the GTR I feel like it's trying to help me. When I just look at your car (viper) I feel like it wants to kill me"
That would be awesome if a car tried to kill you. Thing would randomly turn right at highway speeds. How cool would that be?!
Old 06-19-2011, 09:34 PM

I agree one of the best cars on s2ki, up there with Raj's lambo. The engine bay makes my mouth water, very clean set up - I love it how they kept the engine bay pure and didn't hide it under a huge plastic mask, extra points for the dipstick being accessible too.

*note the gigantic radiator hose, makes the s2k hose look like a twig.
Thanks. The first time I saw the engine it was amazing to me just how far back it sits. Part of it is basically in the passenger compartment with you. The first 2 1/2 feet under the hood is pretty much empty.
Old 06-19-2011, 09:53 PM

Originally Posted by s2kpdx01
so funny story...

we were doing some high quality video shots of it in an huge empty gravel parking lot. they use it for a carnival in the summer. It connects two different roads and sometimes people cross it to escape traffic, but it runs right behind the police station.

The video is for car reviews we are starting to do at carwoo. Anyway, we get stuff set up and we are doing some shots. As we are doing it this truck starts driving through the parking lot slowly. As he gets behind us he floors it and just throws a ton of dirt in the air. He didn't put any rocks on the car, but put a shit load of dirt in the air. The wind was blowing hard so it was gone pretty quick. We just said, "dick' and moved on. About 20 secs later a cop came through gave us a nod and smile and motored on after the guy. He was on a bike and drove quickly down wind of the car.

About 20 mins later the cop showed back up. We were not supposed to be in this parking lot. The convo went like this:

Cop : "Who's car is this?"
ME: "Well if we are in trouble it's his, if not it's mine" nervous chuckle

Cop: "Lucky you. Sweet car. Just wanted to let you know I ran that guy down in the truck. I asked him why he did that to you guys and his words were "i was just being a dick." So I threw the book at him. I gave him every ticket he qualified for.

ME: "Really?"
Cop: "Yeah. That was a pretty bullshit thing to do and it was illegal to drive through here like that. Anyway, have fun and get lots of cool pictures and video. That car is awesome!"

And he drove off. The back of the truck said something like "import cars suck" or something. So if someone lives in san mateo and sees that truck ask him about his latest group of tickets!
Awesome story! I'm bummed I wasn't able to get downtown to meet you in Austin, work has just been too crazy lately. Glad you're enjoying your new beast, I can only imagine what a visceral experience it must be!

Quick Reply: My new car