Car and Bike Talk Discussions and comparisons of cars and motorcycles of all makes and models.

My Hummer H2 Experience...

Old 06-18-2008, 08:58 AM

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by TommyDeVito,Jun 18 2008, 11:22 AM
every stupid suburban trophy wife
Suburban trophy wives? Have you ever even been in the suburbs?

Old 06-18-2008, 09:56 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

no conscious about anything but themselves and the "image" they want to portray
and thats why you bought an s2000 and not a miata
Old 06-18-2008, 11:35 AM

Received 410 Likes on 305 Posts

Originally Posted by cbehney,Jun 18 2008, 08:58 AM
Suburban trophy wives? Have you ever even been in the suburbs?

Oh yeah, company I work for is located in one (this city keeps giving tax breaks to corps to lure them out here). There are a SHIT TON of Suburban Trophy wives around here. They shop, play tennis, put their little running outfit on and run right down the street in front of my office. There is a mall here, that we eat lunch at, where they like to all go. Walking around in non office wear, big fat rocks on, shopping bags in their hands. Walk out to the parking lot after eating and there are rows and rows of SUV's.
Little boxes on the hillside.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=omPGf5_6dUA
Old 06-18-2008, 11:37 AM

Received 410 Likes on 305 Posts

Originally Posted by NYGPW,Jun 18 2008, 09:56 AM
and thats why you bought an s2000 and not a miata
I sold the S. When I had it some of my friends (non car guys) called it a "bitches" car, Where I live, the S wasn't looked at positively or negatively, really not that big of a deal either way. Now a G35, Bimmer, etc, "That's hawt" is probably what they'd say. Come to think of it, they'd say the same about an Escalade.
Old 06-18-2008, 06:37 PM

Where do you even start with these comments?

It is a waste of time to argue with people who think this way. It seems that you have two types of people arguing for the side of destroying, vandalizing, offending the drivers of or driving recklessly around Hummers. The ones who are jealous which is a problem they will have to work through and if you try to get them to understand how that's wrong they will not understand and always will think they are entitled to what someone else worked hard for. Then there are the people who believe they should decide what you should own, how you should live or what you should think for you. The second type can't really be helped either because from what I can tell they think being entitled to their own opinion really means you are entitled to their opinion and they should give you your opinion by any means possible.

What it comes down to is that you can hate H2's but you don't have the right to damage, cut off or flip off people in them. If you think I'm wrong do any of these while a police officer is present and I will bet you dollars to donuts you get pulled over and if you use that as an excuse he or she will get a good laugh while they are walking back to their car to fill out the ticket you are going to be paying.
Old 06-18-2008, 06:52 PM
Former Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Just a moment ago...while coming back from dinner and hanging out with some S2000 peeps (I'm in Greenville, SC on business...), I had a Suburban or Yukon with a few "college kids" hang right on the ass of the Hummer...when I put my signal to change lanes (and allow them to pass), the driver quickly accelerated into the other lane and passed me... (this was on a 3 lane 45mph road...I was doing 50 or so)... they give me at least 2 fingers in the air...accelerate, cut in front of me and then put on their windshield washer fluid...

Oh no...not windshield washer fluid!! OMG!

Of course...I CAN'T react...I just slow down, clean my windshield (which needed a good cleaning - how thoughtful) and continued on my way.

Not that anything warranted their behavior...but I could understand if I was purposely taking up the lane or driving slow...they obviously were just looking to bust some balls... I can't wait to drive the Ford Windstar and leave this Hummer at the office.
Old 06-18-2008, 07:17 PM

Originally Posted by airgate,Jun 18 2008, 06:52 PM
Just a moment ago...while coming back from dinner and hanging out with some S2000 peeps (I'm in Greenville, SC on business...), I had a Suburban or Yukon with a few "college kids" hang right on the ass of the Hummer...when I put my signal to change lanes (and allow them to pass), the driver quickly accelerated into the other lane and passed me... (this was on a 3 lane 45mph road...I was doing 50 or so)... they give me at least 2 fingers in the air...accelerate, cut in front of me and then put on their windshield washer fluid...

Oh no...not windshield washer fluid!! OMG!

Of course...I CAN'T react...I just slow down, clean my windshield (which needed a good cleaning - how thoughtful) and continued on my way.

Not that anything warranted their behavior...but I could understand if I was purposely taking up the lane or driving slow...they obviously were just looking to bust some balls... I can't wait to drive the Ford Windstar and leave this Hummer at the office.
Yea I was wondering what the hell was up with those fools.... Crazy rednecks

But I've also figured out another part of the Hummer lifestyle from driving in front of you tonight. Following people in 2 door convertibles and blinding them with eye-level lights Seriously though, those lights are in the perfect level for shining right into rearview mirrors.
Old 06-19-2008, 04:19 AM
Former Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Clemsons2k,Jun 18 2008, 11:17 PM
Crazy rednecks
Sounds like the rednecks are turning into leftists

That is a bit of a dilemma because lynching is potentially environmentally hazardous - could hurt a tree.
Old 06-19-2008, 05:38 AM
Former Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Clemsons2k,Jun 18 2008, 11:17 PM
Seriously though, those lights are in the perfect level for shining right into rearview mirrors.
Well, I purposely put the hi-beams on just for you.
Old 06-19-2008, 07:09 PM

Originally Posted by airgate,Jun 19 2008, 05:38 AM
Well, I purposely put the hi-beams on just for you.
even so, the regular lights were bad enough

Quick Reply: My Hummer H2 Experience...