Car and Bike Talk Discussions and comparisons of cars and motorcycles of all makes and models.
View Poll Results: Which for my Daily
Mazda 3 Hatchback (not mazdaspeed)
22.92%
Acura TSX
77.08%
Voters: 48. You may not vote on this poll

which for my daily

Old 07-08-2011, 06:18 AM

Received 234 Likes on 165 Posts

TSX all the way. Way nicer interior, the car feels more solid, strong reliability, more power but equal fuel economy if you're comparing to a Mazda3 with the 2.5L motor, great shifter, light clutch and still decently sporty.
Old 07-08-2011, 03:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by stockae92
if it may become your only car, i would go with TSX. more comfort, smooth gearbox (6 sp manual), overall a better car (unless you need the hatch)
This is my take as well. I really like the utility of a hatch but I'm just not loving the 3. That gen TSX was good looking and all around nice. The engine wasn't "under powered" but you did need to rev it up to move out smartly. It has a great manual so I would hate to get the auto. Too bad they didn't have a hatch version in the US.
Old 07-08-2011, 06:12 PM

Originally Posted by suvh8r
saw (not mazdaspeed) and quickly an overwhelming sensation of "who cares" over took me. Decided not to vote. Don't listen to people about the GTI either, Mazdapseed 3 is much more fun to drive than the boring GTI.

Thats bullcrap . The GTI is better with a manual transmission . The Speed 3 is quick but feels like a hopped up cheap econobox that it is . The GTI has a feel of a baby 911 . It just dares u to nail it all the time! Interior is like a budget Audi.
Automobile All Stars - GTI
However if your scared of VW reliability how bout WRX? Still sounds better than any Mazda 3 or TSX!
Old 07-08-2011, 07:48 PM

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Silverstreak HX
Originally Posted by suvh8r' timestamp='1310131049' post='20759079
saw (not mazdaspeed) and quickly an overwhelming sensation of "who cares" over took me. Decided not to vote. Don't listen to people about the GTI either, Mazdapseed 3 is much more fun to drive than the boring GTI.

Thats bullcrap . The GTI is better with a manual transmission . The Speed 3 is quick but feels like a hopped up cheap econobox that it is . The GTI has a feel of a baby 911 . It just dares u to nail it all the time! Interior is like a budget Audi.
However if your scared of VW reliability how bout WRX? Still sounds better than any Mazda 3 or TSX!
and they brake down twice a month...shit ever took a peak at german reliabilty ratings for wv maybe the worst in the usa...
Old 07-10-2011, 03:40 PM

A baby 911...really, you must have driven one. The GTI is an okay drive...certainly not in the same realm with any P-car let alone a 911.
Old 07-11-2011, 02:00 AM

If you were getting the Speed3, I'd recommend that but the regular Mazda3 is a bore to drive. Very usable as a daily cuz it has so much room but visually and behind the wheel, it lacks a LOT.
Old 07-11-2011, 09:59 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think i've decided on the TSX, unless an 04-05 TL pops up for a great price.
Old 07-11-2011, 11:58 AM

Seriously, the GIT/Mazdaspeed3 pops up here because no one wants to talk about boring cars like a tsx or a non turbo mazda 3. Your question can be easily answered by a simple test drive. Go drive one and pick the one that makes you feel less sleepy.
Old 07-12-2011, 08:01 AM

Originally Posted by derryck
A baby 911...really, you must have driven one. The GTI is an okay drive...certainly not in the same realm with any P-car let alone a 911.
Compared to the snorefest cars you are dreaming of a GTI has the fun factor that rates pretty high up with a 911 but maybe you should drive a GTI with a manual transmission not that stupid fancy DSG auto!
Everything in life is a compromise but the GTI for the price is a HECKAVA car if you like fun to drive cars .I was not a big GTI fan till I drove a MK5 with a manual trans! Your choices of a TSX or Mazda 3 I guess your idea of fun is a lot lower than mine!
Old 07-12-2011, 08:23 AM
Member (Premium)

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Silverstreak HX
Originally Posted by suvh8r' timestamp='1310131049' post='20759079

You're high. A GTI does NOT feel like a 911, because 911's don't have crappy vague gearboxes, wimpy clutches, so-so steering, lame handling, and wrong wheel drive.

The GTI is nothing special, driven them in 6 speed and I'd give them a 7/10 overall. An RSX-S is better, an Si is better, a Mazdaspeed 3 is beefier, a WRX rapes it. The only thing the GTI is good for is a solid daily driver, but even that is a stretch because VW's are pretty much the most unreliable cars on the market.

Quick Reply: which for my daily