Car and Bike Talk Discussions and comparisons of cars and motorcycles of all makes and models.

My 2012 Maserati Granturismo MC. **pics**

Old 09-28-2013, 08:21 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think someone is having a hard time with envy.
Old 09-28-2013, 09:06 AM

Received 121 Likes on 96 Posts

Originally Posted by NuncoStr8

Italian and British cars; you get 'em or you don't. I've owned a Maserati and stats don't do it justice; it's not about it all. Spend a few hours behind the wheel sells itself if you are passionate about "driving in the active sense".

Kind of odd that all the famous auto journalists in Europe own Maserati, Alfa, Jaguar, Bentley... None win on paper, but all win their owner's hearts and that is what matters to them the most.
Old 09-28-2013, 11:29 AM

Received 113 Likes on 74 Posts

Originally Posted by SpudRacer
Originally Posted by s.hasan546' timestamp='1380341340' post='22800658
[quote name='SpudRacer' timestamp='1380333377' post='22800571']
Seriously, my SLK55 AMG is 800 lbs lighter and a bit faster with a convertible hard top for a lot less money. Less HP but more Torque. 7 speed auto with paddle shifters and full manual mode. I don't have a back seat though. Someone at work has an MC and it does sound good. But then my AMG sounds nifty at WOT too.
Please tell us more about your godlike amg...
Not Godlike, just a better car (acceleration, braking, handling, convertible hardtop, reliability, maintenance) than a Maserati for less money. I understand the Ferrari cult. I understand the Porsche cult. They make beautiful looking cars that are cutting edge. And they have a looong history of success in motorsports. But I've never understood what keeps a brand like Maserati hanging on. Not particularly beautiful. Not particularly cutting edge. Their racing history is ancient history. And their pricing pits them against cars that are better and cheaper. And let's face it, the Italians do "beautiful" but they aren't exactly renowned for "reliable" or "durable" or "cost efficient".

I'm sorry to hurt your feelings but there are a number of AMG's and Audi's I'd consider before a Maserati. Godzilla is a better car, far better. Uglier but better. But at the end of the day, it's the buyer's cash and he or she will be the one driving it. If they love it, nothing else matters.

Except of course the fact that the Maserati isn't a real sports car and it uses a crappy automatic transmission with flappy paddles. A complete piece of shiit. Any real man knows a clutch is the one true path to God.
[/quote]

And no one fckining cares!!!!
Holy shit. No one wants to hear about ur Amg anymore. Stop trying to justify ur car purchase by shoving it down everyone's throats
Old 09-28-2013, 12:03 PM

Oh Spud..
Old 09-28-2013, 12:48 PM

Originally Posted by mosesbotbol
Originally Posted by NuncoStr8' timestamp='1380385294' post='22801067

Italian and British cars; you get 'em or you don't. I've owned a Maserati and stats don't do it justice; it's not about it all. Spend a few hours behind the wheel sells itself if you are passionate about "driving in the active sense".

Kind of odd that all the famous auto journalists in Europe own Maserati, Alfa, Jaguar, Bentley... None win on paper, but all win their owner's hearts and that is what matters to them the most.
Very nicely put. I agree 100%. It's all about the soul of the car and how it makes you feel. Not always about its 0-60 times

James May from Top Gear famously said some car just gives you that fizz in your pants. The MC is one of those.

Oh and I find it funny that Spud says the MC is crap because it has an automatic. His own beloved AMG has an auto too...

And the MC is my daily driver so glad it's more of a grand tourer. If I want a true sports car I'll drive the wife's 911 GT3 RS
Old 09-28-2013, 03:55 PM
Member (Premium)

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by mchi5
Originally Posted by Disgustipated' timestamp='1380337200' post='22800611
i honestly think it's ugly and the interior is really gaudy. Not sure why but I expected more. Just not my kind of exotic, I guess. :\
Hey each their own, but i think it's one of the most beautiful and stunning cars ive ever seen, inside and out. How is the interior gaudy? because it's not bare bones and full of plastic crap like, say an Evo?

guess leather and real carbon fiber = gaudy....hum...

Maybe your Evo 8 is Less gaudy... but I think the last gen Evos are too boy racer and trying too hard...but hey what do I know
Defensive much?

It just doesn't look that great. I expected better, but maybe it's just the excessive carbon fiber throwing me off.

My Evo (well, I just sold it actually) is a daily driver supercar sedan, not meant to be flashy or ritzy. It's all about performance. It's also quite a bit less than a Maserati so I forgive the cheap interior.

And when I think of a really nice interior, I think of this:

Those, to me, are really elegant, gorgeous interiors. The S8's usage of carbon fiber doesn't come off as gaudy, I loved the M6 Gran Coupe's interior when I was in one, and the Aston... well, that's just heaven.
Old 09-28-2013, 04:18 PM

Originally Posted by Disgustipated
Originally Posted by mchi5' timestamp='1380346736' post='22800704
[quote name='Disgustipated' timestamp='1380337200' post='22800611']
i honestly think it's ugly and the interior is really gaudy. Not sure why but I expected more. Just not my kind of exotic, I guess. :\
Hey each their own, but i think it's one of the most beautiful and stunning cars ive ever seen, inside and out. How is the interior gaudy? because it's not bare bones and full of plastic crap like, say an Evo?

guess leather and real carbon fiber = gaudy....hum...

Maybe your Evo 8 is Less gaudy... but I think the last gen Evos are too boy racer and trying too hard...but hey what do I know
Defensive much?

It just doesn't look that great. I expected better, but maybe it's just the excessive carbon fiber throwing me off.

My Evo (well, I just sold it actually) is a daily driver supercar sedan, not meant to be flashy or ritzy. It's all about performance. It's also quite a bit less than a Maserati so I forgive the cheap interior.

And when I think of a really nice interior, I think of this:

Those, to me, are really elegant, gorgeous interiors. The S8's usage of carbon fiber doesn't come off as gaudy, I loved the M6 Gran Coupe's interior when I was in one, and the Aston... well, that's just heaven.
[/quote]

Not defensive. Just can't believe you're trying to compare a Mitsubishi to a Maserati. I think Evos are ugly as hell
Old 09-28-2013, 05:08 PM

Originally Posted by mosesbotbol' timestamp='1380387995' post='22801112
[quote name='NuncoStr8' timestamp='1380385294' post='22801067']

Very nicely put. I agree 100%. It's all about the soul of the car and how it makes you feel. Not always about its 0-60 times

James May from Top Gear famously said some car just gives you that fizz in your pants. The MC is one of those.

Oh and I find it funny that Spud says the MC is crap because it has an automatic. His own beloved AMG has an auto too...

And the MC is my daily driver so glad it's more of a grand tourer. If I want a true sports car I'll drive the wife's 911 GT3 RS
[/quote]

I gather sarcasm is not your strong suit. My point was that the S2Ki juvenile cognoscenti crapped all over my AMG for its auto with flappy paddles and its gasp, 3,400 curb weight. But when someone else buys a 4,200 lb 4 seat behemoth with "carbon fiber" and the same auto with flappy paddles, everyone is creaming their pants like they dropped a vibrator down their trousers. Even though the Maserati has worse performance in every way and a fixed roof along with questionable reliability. The hypocrisy is hilarious here. That's all.

If you and the OP want to over pay for under performance and that makes you happy because the car comes from Italy with a Maserati badge, then have at it. I maintain that I think there are better choices for me personally.
Old 09-28-2013, 05:26 PM

Originally Posted by SpudRacer
Originally Posted by mchi5' timestamp='1380401304' post='22801304
[quote name='mosesbotbol' timestamp='1380387995' post='22801112']
[quote name='NuncoStr8' timestamp='1380385294' post='22801067']

[/quote]

I gather sarcasm is not your strong suit. My point was that the S2Ki juvenile cognoscenti crapped all over my AMG for its auto with flappy paddles and it's gasp, 3,400 curb weight. But when someone else buys a 4,200 lb 4 seat behemoth with "carbon fiber" and the same auto with flappy paddles, everyone is creaming their pants like they dropped a vibrator down their trousers. Even though the Maserati has worse performance in every way and a fixed roof along with questionable reliability. The hypocrisy is hilarious here. That's all.

If you and the OP want to over pay for under performance and that makes you happy because the car comes from Italy with a Maserati badge, then have at it. I maintain that I think there are better choices for me personally.
[/quote]

And I guess intelligence is not your strong suit

Not sure why I keep saying this but I already own a pure sports and track car. The 911 GT3 RS. The MC serves a different purpose. Daily Driver.

Why do I even bother. You go enjoy your hairdresser car AMG and POS crossfire and I'll go enjoy my Granturismo MC, 911 GT3 RS, and Porsche Cayenne Turbo S

Haters will always be hater. Hate away. I could care less.
Old 09-28-2013, 07:01 PM

Received 95 Likes on 73 Posts

This is kinda a continuation of the "budget of $120k what car would you get" but I figured some don't want to read thru 11 pages!

Anyways just picked up my Granturismo MC. It is gorgeous and drives and sounds amazing.

Some quick facts

-MC stands for Maserati Corsa, meaning car is their most sportiest, track tuned version.

-4.7L Ferrari built engine pushing 444 hp

- new body kits, exhaust, rims, carbon fiber everywhere inside and out. The paddle shifters are carbon fiber and as big as a slice of pizza!

- MC is the most powerful and quickest Maserati for sale currently. (Used to be the MC 12- the Enzo based car but it is no longer for sale)

Anyways enjoy pics. Write up to come

is this one for your wife too?

Very nice sir!

Quick Reply: My 2012 Maserati Granturismo MC. **pics**