Car and Bike Talk Discussions and comparisons of cars and motorcycles of all makes and models.

Mustang and Rav or S2000 and WRX

Old 09-16-2015, 07:10 AM
Member (Premium)

Received 160 Likes on 98 Posts

Originally Posted by Moddiction
This made me really like the magnetic silver color.

Yeah magnetic is what I would buy.

All of the ones I drove were the performance pack models. It's pretty cool the gearing is short enough that you can actually run through the gears on your favorite S2000 roads instead of staying in one gear the whole time. I've never driven a non performance pack car to compare. All the ones I drove actually did not have the recaro seats, I agree with you the premium seats would be fine for me. I want the heated/cool feature which you don't get with the recaros.
Old 09-16-2015, 08:46 AM
Member (Premium)

So I just made yet another appointment to test drive a new 2015 mustang. This one is white GT premium with the performance pack. Kinda anxious to see it in person.
Old 09-16-2015, 08:53 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 38 Likes on 30 Posts

I really gotta find a performance pack one locally to test drive. I thought I would change out all the upgrades that came with that originally but maybe the gearing won't be too short even if I had a sc kit at some point. Gears are cheap for the Mustang too though.

My first test drive the sales guy was all scared every time I'd push the car. 2nd one the salesman urged me to drive it all out. A lot more fun that way! I think the shorter gears would make it more fun around town. I looked at a vette and it felt a lot faster but the long gears would prevent you from really every redlining a few gears in a row.
Old 09-16-2015, 09:00 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I saw a new GT in white a couple of weeks ago and it was STUNNING. Pictures do not do this car any justice. In person, the GTs look absolutely gorgeous. We all love the S2k here, but I'd be hard pressed to pass up the mustang.
Old 09-16-2015, 10:27 AM
Member (Premium)

I really gotta find a performance pack one locally to test drive. I thought I would change out all the upgrades that came with that originally but maybe the gearing won't be too short even if I had a sc kit at some point. Gears are cheap for the Mustang too though.

My first test drive the sales guy was all scared every time I'd push the car. 2nd one the salesman urged me to drive it all out. A lot more fun that way! I think the shorter gears would make it more fun around town. I looked at a vette and it felt a lot faster but the long gears would prevent you from really every redlining a few gears in a row.
Definitely not, I believe that stock gearing is good for 200mph? There is a video of hennessey topping out a supercharged GT. I believe he hits 190 or so.

http://www.hennesseyperformance.com/...gt-hpe700.html

I realize hennessey is garbage but yeah, gearing wise they didnt change anything to hit 195.
Old 09-16-2015, 10:36 AM
Former Sponsor

Yeah I just meant more if the short gearing would be too short for much traction with all the added power the first couple of gears. Top speed I am not worried about as I'll never get up near there anyways.
Old 09-16-2015, 11:22 AM
Member (Premium)

Yeah I just meant more if the short gearing would be too short for much traction with all the added power the first couple of gears. Top speed I am not worried about as I'll never get up near there anyways.

Well yeah, SC these cars immediately go to 650whp or so, and I think one kit is 700whp now both with whipples I believe... so there's going to be traction issues haha.
Old 09-16-2015, 11:31 AM
Former Sponsor

Yeah I almost think a centri blower may be better. Not as much traction issues with the insane down low torque a whipple would give.
Old 09-16-2015, 12:13 PM

Received 410 Likes on 305 Posts

PP is worth it. You get an awful lot for what they charge. Diff, sway, brace, oil cooler, wheels, tires, and most importantly Brembos up front.
Old 09-16-2015, 02:21 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by TommyDeVito
Originally Posted by Moddiction' timestamp='1442422418' post='23748738

PP is worth it. You get an awful lot for what they charge. Diff, sway, brace, oil cooler, wheels, tires, and most importantly Brembos up front.
Yeah just not sure if I would just want to upgrade those anyways. I would think even thicker sway bars that PP ones would make a nice difference. Big Brembos are really sweet but even the regular gt has massive brembos up front just not quite as big and not powder coated or painted.

I would have to be sure I wouldn't want to replace the wheels, sway bars and springs before I went with the PP model.

Quick Reply: Mustang and Rav or S2000 and WRX