Car and Bike Talk Discussions and comparisons of cars and motorcycles of all makes and models.

Mustang GT pics from the Detoit Auto Show

Old 01-10-2004, 06:33 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mustang GT pics from the Detoit Auto Show

These are pics of the new mustang GT from the Auto Show. I must say, I was not impressed by the pics I have seen recently, but the car came off better seeing the car in person. I thought it actually had a nice muscle car look with modern touches that didn't come across in other pics. The big spotlights in the front grill are more in the grill rather than protruding.

I actually went in liking the new C6 and not the new mustang and came out with a total opposite opinion. The new corvette didn't come across very well. I'm not sure if it was the display or what, but I, and everyone I was with was underwhelmed. The headlights look cheap and the rear looks weird. Maybe it will look better on the road.

Old 01-10-2004, 06:53 PM

Looks damn sweet

Did you catch the new Honda pickup truck? That looks pretty cool as well
Old 01-11-2004, 04:24 PM

looks really nice..i'm impressed
Old 01-11-2004, 04:35 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had the exact opposite impression. From the pictures of the Mustang GT in the magazines, I was definitely looking forward to seeing it at the LA Autoshow. Upon seeing it in real life I wasn't impressed at all. They had a dark red/burgandy model there and while much nicer than the curent Mustang, still did not do very much for me. I was underwhelmed by the new Vette too. They could have taken this model change and really improved the interior, but after seeing it, the new interior is not much better than the old one. That steering wheel is totally cheese ! The exterior is pretty nice, and who can complain about 400 hp ?
Old 01-12-2004, 06:49 AM

I'm really digging the new mustang
Old 01-12-2004, 06:53 AM
Ash

think if...

They lost the HUGE look of the fenders(I don't know what the facination is with huge fenders like that), lower the profile of the hood in relation to the wheels by maybe 1-2 inches... add a slant(just a touch).

I think I'd see it as a sleeker faster car than a huge boat that it might turn out to be. Maybe Ford wants that HUGE muscle-car look even though it might not be all that great a performer.
Old 01-12-2004, 07:26 AM

Compare those pics and this one (which IMO doesn't look nearly as good).

Old 01-12-2004, 07:30 AM

The wheels are bigger (19s) in the pics I took up top and the headlights are not visable compared the bottom pic. The front of the hood looks more rounded in the top pics and the stripes seem to give the hood an overall more round appearance. I wish I got some shots of the back.
Old 01-12-2004, 07:55 AM

The profile is nice, but really why is the car so freakin' HUGE??

It's HUGE, truck like! So is the current mustang, if they made it a tad smaller that would really help the car IMO.
Old 01-12-2004, 07:56 AM
Former Moderator

The 05 is the first Mustang that has really made me want one since I had my 1965 289 HiPo, and that was back in 1968-71.

Quick Reply: Mustang GT pics from the Detoit Auto Show