Car and Bike Talk Discussions and comparisons of cars and motorcycles of all makes and models.

MSF BRC

Old 11-11-2007, 07:33 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MSF BRC

To all the new riders out there, just thought I'd post this up and say that I just went through the MSF Basic Rider Course and it was great (the riding portion, not the written). I went from no confidence and miniscule experience to being completely comfortable with doing low and higher speed figure 8s, threshold breaking, clutch control, weaving, etc. This course will definitely help you out so that you learn it the right way the first time and will hopefully not become another statistic. I can't wait to get my first 600 and have some fun on 2 wheels for the first time!
Old 11-11-2007, 03:59 PM
Community Organizer

Received 185 Likes on 163 Posts

for doing it right.
Old 11-12-2007, 03:38 AM

Glad to here you liked the course, speaking as a RiderCoach. Education is one of the riding skills everyone needs to help ride safe. And with the ever increasing motorcycle fatalities we as riders need to keep our skills sharp.

Here in Virginia we have been given licensing authority, so when you come take the BSF and successfully complete the written and riding skills you will leave with your motorcycle endorsement. Naturally this only applies to VA drivers.

Enough of my shameless plugs

Congratulations and ride and have fun.
Old 11-12-2007, 03:50 PM

good call on the BRC; best bike-investment i made

u sure u want a 600 for the first bike? its like getting a ACR Viper for a first car
Old 11-15-2007, 04:20 AM

get the 600 with insurance (full coverage) gears and slider.

ironically i didn't drop, my bike got stolen instead.
Old 11-15-2007, 08:52 AM

Originally Posted by AirborneS2K,Nov 11 2007, 08:33 AM
To all the new riders out there, just thought I'd post this up and say that I just went through the MSF Basic Rider Course and it was great (the riding portion, not the written). I went from no confidence and miniscule experience to being completely comfortable with doing low and higher speed figure 8s, threshold breaking, clutch control, weaving, etc. This course will definitely help you out so that you learn it the right way the first time and will hopefully not become another statistic. I can't wait to get my first 600 and have some fun on 2 wheels for the first time!
good job on taking the MSF course... I am glad you are doing it the right way...
Old 11-15-2007, 09:55 AM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Is there a way to get someone to go through the stuff in the course with you over a weekend or two?

I ask for two reasons, first the riders courses are now over for the year in my area but I intend on getting a bike now while the prices are dropping for winter.

And 2nd, missing a class is not an option and I could not make any of the last courses in oct because I wouldn't be able to make one of the week day classes.
Old 11-18-2007, 08:32 AM

Originally Posted by AssassinJN,Nov 15 2007, 01:55 PM
Is there a way to get someone to go through the stuff in the course with you over a weekend or two?

I ask for two reasons, first the riders courses are now over for the year in my area but I intend on getting a bike now while the prices are dropping for winter.

And 2nd, missing a class is not an option and I could not make any of the last courses in oct because I wouldn't be able to make one of the week day classes.
I guess that depends on where you live to know what options you have.

Different states administer their courses differently. Plus there is always private companies that provide the BRC.
Old 11-18-2007, 10:41 PM

and let's not forget GEAR!!!

here in CA you can complete the MSF course and get your license at the end, GIVEN that you took your permit test first.

+1 though on the safety class being worth the money.
Old 11-19-2007, 03:45 AM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

In PA the government classes are free but only at given times at certain places. So I guess what I'm looking for is a private company, any ideas on where to find one (obviously I will be googling it today).

Quick Reply: MSF BRC