Car and Bike Talk Discussions and comparisons of cars and motorcycles of all makes and models.

Mr eg banned?

Old 02-28-2012, 10:26 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by North Star
Well, can't he just come back with a different email and screen name? Mr. EG, are you there?
Nice knowing you...

Old 02-28-2012, 10:38 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wow, that gets you banned? I should've been banned like 3 times talking to Nunco. The guy has so many flawed views about the details of cars and he talks so condescendingly to you when he's trying to tell you why you're somehow wrong.

Mr. EG was my favorite poster on Car Talk.

To make matters worse, I've never seen that mod on car talk. It's kind of ridiculous when different mods with different enforcement policies randomly show up and ban people for what they assumed was acceptable behavior. Note: I'm not saying what he said couldn't be interpreted as a personal attack. It's just that there'd never been even warnings for that sort of thing in Car Talk, and now a ban?
Old 02-28-2012, 10:45 AM

welcome to the beginning of the end gentlemen. I fare thee well

Old 02-28-2012, 11:12 AM

Received 234 Likes on 165 Posts

Originally Posted by macdaddies911

Did you mean, "I bid thee farewell" ???
Old 02-28-2012, 11:15 AM

Originally Posted by tarheel91
I should've been banned like 3 times ...
I agree

Just kidding. Most of the people I disagree with on this forum are still respectful and cool. I guess I can let you into that club.
Old 02-28-2012, 11:26 AM

Received 28 Likes on 22 Posts

I don't mind name calling. It's just filler of no consequence.
I wish the admins would ban people for stupid or intentionally provoking comments, though. There are some people on this site, ones I've put on ignore, that stink up this place way more than terms like "idiot" or whatever. And they're allowed to continue, just because they don't say "genital warts" or "pathetic."
Sigh.
Old 02-28-2012, 11:33 AM

Originally Posted by Elistan
I don't mind name calling. It's just filler of no consequence.
I wish the admins would ban people for stupid or intentionally provoking comments, though. There are some people on this site, ones I've put on ignore, that stink up this place way more than terms like "idiot" or whatever.
Yea seriously....they ban the wrong people.

IB4L
Old 02-28-2012, 11:33 AM

Received 522 Likes on 400 Posts

For that? Seriously? Imo, action didn't warrant the punishment, and I agree that he contributed a ton more than most others on these boards. But I guess you gotta be from NC and into FDs to get numerous warnings, a number of threads calling for your ban, people actually saying they'll pay to have you banned before you get banned.
Don't get me wrong, EG did seem at time to be a short tempered as some of his personal anecdotes illustrated, but overall I feel his presence wasn't the least bit annoying and I actually welcomed his posts as I enjoyed his perspectives on topics, even when I didn't agree.
I mean, I could think of a number of people who should be banned just for their retarded fanboi/troll ways, but Mr. EG definitely was not one.
I mean take my lastest stint with Spudracer, yeah I prodded a bit but kept it objective based on his post, and in typical fashion he responds with personal attacks. Not that I really care, I mean this is the internet and I got a few laughs, but what has Spud contributed vs. EG?
Mods got this one wrong, and these boards have been pretty stale lately, this won't help.
Old 02-28-2012, 11:37 AM

Here are quotes from this forum, some of which are made by Mods:

"Youre such a risk taker, Im going to pin you up on my wall of idols right between Catherine Zeta Jones and Nancy Reagan."

"I'm not saying that your point is stupid, which is is. I'm just saying that the way in which you made your point is even stupider."

"Based on clues dropped on s2ki daily, I'm beginning to suspect that the last great collection of words some of these kids read was probably about teenage vampires. Instead we rely on the drive-by shooting equivalent of message boards."

"I'll have whatever he's having..."

"You smoked too much crack when you were young and now your brain is all fried."

"It makes sense if you have a "moderate" learning disability."

My personal favorite: "Man, I've never seen one person walk down a path of wtf w/ their [head] held as high as you."

"Not-so-latent homosexual tendencies much?"

Trash talking has always been a part of this forum. If the admins want to stop that, it's their forum, but don't just randomly ban the guy unfortunate enough to be the first person to post as we've all always posted. I think a sticky thread would have been more appropriate. Really, I don't have a problem with the trash talking. Everybody's going to use a little bad language about something they're passionate about, and it's that passion that makes Car Talk so great.
Old 02-28-2012, 11:44 AM

Originally Posted by JonBoy
Originally Posted by macdaddies911' timestamp='1330458320' post='21459576

Did you mean, "I bid thee farewell" ???
Like you and your sexuality it can go both ways

Quick Reply: Mr eg banned?