Car and Bike Talk Discussions and comparisons of cars and motorcycles of all makes and models.

Moving up from a 600

Old 11-02-2007, 01:52 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I prefer liter bikes on the street, and it has nothing to do w/ top speeds, burnouts, or wheelies (OK, maybe a little to do w/ wheelies). Heck, my Super Duke has a lower top speed than modern 600 supersports. I just prefer having gobs of low/mid range power vs. having to rev it out like an asshole to go fast.

I prefer 600's/GSXR 750's at the track, though.
Old 11-02-2007, 03:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Chris S - SuperDuke rocks as a streete bike.

I dont understand why getting a biger bike is considered an upgrade? 70% is in the rider not the bikes hp. I also dont get why people who drive a lightweight car want to own a ZX1400?

I have owned 26 or so street/race bike and 6 or so dirtbikes since I started riding. I first felt for same crap about hp and engine size, at some point I realized that lightweight bikes are much more fun. Had 1K's, 600's, V2's, two strokes, Singles... ridden/raced or owned or sat on about every bike out there.

Dont get me started on suspencion and tires VS slipons and power commanders.
Old 11-02-2007, 03:34 PM

Maybe people consider them upgrades because of more power, and people like going faster in straights before they hone their skills to go faster in turns. Most people that would consider it an 'upgrade' take their bikes fast in the straights more often than fast in the turns.
Old 11-02-2007, 04:06 PM

Originally Posted by AirborneS2K,Nov 2 2007, 03:34 PM
Maybe people consider them upgrades because of more power, and people like going faster in straights before they hone their skills to go faster in turns. Most people that would consider it an 'upgrade' take their bikes fast in the straights more often than fast in the turns.
Good god. I saw a turbocharged Busa for sale that may be an upgrade to some.
Old 11-02-2007, 04:21 PM
ego

I think really if you are all about straight line speed then you should ride a damn harley...lol I hate those damn bikes hahah always think they can take sport bikes. I have built 2 turbo busas (not for me) and those bikes in no way shape are safe. Your talking 100+ 6th gear tire spinning power. I don't ride on the streets anymore cause of the damn drivers out there that can't seem to here or see bikes. plus I only stunt and that's how I make my money so I try to keep it safe
Old 11-02-2007, 05:47 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ego,Nov 2 2007, 04:21 PM
I think really if you are all about straight line speed then you should ride a damn harley...lol I hate those damn bikes hahah always think they can take sport bikes.
Are you F#@!ING NUTS!

Since when is a Hardly built for straight line speed? They are big torqueless bitches with no top-end. The only one that is even worth a shit is the V-ROD and other variations of that line.

Drop me and any Hardly at the track drag or not, doesn't matter, and I'll spank the shiznit out them on the Rocket.

Harley Davidson - The most efficient way to convert gasoline into noise without the harmful side effect of producing horsepower.
Old 11-02-2007, 08:19 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Alex_V,Nov 2 2007, 05:31 PM
Chris S - SuperDuke rocks as a streete bike.
Thanks, I couldn't be happier w/ it - def. my favorite of many streetbikes I've owned!

Old 11-03-2007, 03:17 PM
ego

Originally Posted by 3ngin33r1,Nov 2 2007, 05:47 PM
Are you F#@!ING NUTS!

Since when is a Hardly built for straight line speed? They are big torqueless bitches with no top-end. The only one that is even worth a shit is the V-ROD and other variations of that line.

Drop me and any Hardly at the track drag or not, doesn't matter, and I'll spank the shiznit out them on the Rocket.

Harley Davidson - The most efficient way to convert gasoline into noise without the harmful side effect of producing horsepower.
That waht I am talking about...lol They are big POS and every guy who owns one thinks they are so fast. I love it when they get nest to me a rev the shit outta them damn things .

P.S. super dukes are the shit
Old 11-04-2007, 02:35 AM

Originally Posted by 3ngin33r1,Nov 3 2007, 01:47 AM
Old 11-05-2007, 10:10 AM

Originally Posted by 3ngin33r1,Nov 1 2007, 07:55 AM
Thanks for rejoining us. A week later. Twit.
i dont have internet in my house so i have to jump from computer to computer when i have a chance.. so now i see we r going to name calling.... its funny how people get brave over the internet and in real life its a different story

Quick Reply: Moving up from a 600