Car and Bike Talk Discussions and comparisons of cars and motorcycles of all makes and models.

The Most and the Least Cop Magnet Autos.

Old 02-07-2009, 08:24 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i doubt that many people listen, but a while back adam corrola did a bit on this on his radio show and it was very funny.

basically, it was for all the toyota's he said that they were tuner cars and the mercedes were super fast luxery cars. except for the outback... which he sai was only driven by... (sorry but) dikes, and their big heavy steal toe boots were so heavy they just push the gas pedal all the way.

and all the least ticketed cars were driven by old people.

basically it was cars owned by young people versus old.

it was funny to me, but you would have had to hear it.
Old 02-09-2009, 12:13 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would assume that this list does not take into account the number of cars sold/tickets recieved. I bet that would change the list up considerably. But the least ticketed vehicles makes sense to me. Huge SUV's that have a harder time going 85-90.
Old 02-09-2009, 05:39 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Slamnasty,Feb 7 2009, 09:27 AM
Kinda seems off to me too. I don't keep a running tally of the pull-overs I see while out and what they are driving, but a lot of times it's a car that was sub-20k new. But then, many of them are motorcycles too, like the one I saw yesterday.

Hard for me to believe the cops focus that heavily on all of Scion's cars. Especialy the xB or xA.
This list actually seems about bang on.

First off to those that say, "well I see more civics pulled over." I'm sure you do. I'm also pretty sure there are indeed more Civics pulled over.

This list is almost certainly normalized against the number of each particular car on the road. So while more Civics are pulled over, there are alot more Civics out there. The rank is based on the percentage pulled over.

Really percentage is the only way you could do this, or else the most popular cars, Civics, Corolla, etc would be the ones most pulled over.

Also it shows that both the Scion marketing department and the police are doing their jobs.

Basically most of those cars fall into two categories. Cars bought by young people (or more specifically bought for them by their parents, generally sporty looking but reliable), thus Scions (specifically targeted towards young buyers), Matrix and Solara (sporty appearing versions of mundane reliable Toyota cars), Outback, etc. Or cars that are really refined and easy to go fast in, like the AMG Mercs.

So basically the two groups more likely to speed in the first place, which means the biggest determinate for getting a ticket is the person behind the wheel and not the car itself.