Car and Bike Talk Discussions and comparisons of cars and motorcycles of all makes and models.

mods for bikes?

Old 04-04-2002, 08:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default mods for bikes?

well i know there are turbos and s/c's but what else can you get. and if you guys dont, would you share some websites that would show me mods for bikes

i own a cbr600f4i if you need that.
Old 04-04-2002, 08:40 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The best mod is in your riding skill - go to track days & schools, learn to ride the wheels off your bike. You'll get a much greater return, and this "mod" will stay w/ you after you sell your current ride.

After this, I'd focus on suspension and braking first:
- SS or Kevlar front brake lines
- adjust suspension and upgrade as necessary (i.e. spring rate, oil, etc.)
- steering damper
- rearsets (critical on Honda CBR600's for aggressive riding due to poor ground clearance)

After that your biggest bang for the buck is exhaust and Power Commander. Want to spend even more money? I'd just trade up for a bigger bike...next step would be a late model GSXR 750.
Old 04-05-2002, 08:41 AM

You can mod a bike just like you can mod a car. Suspension, brakes, engine, ect.. A full exaust and Jetkit on most bikes will net around ~10 hp, which may not seem like a lot, but considering the weight difference, it's like adding ~60 hp to a s2000. Then you can bore/storke, port polish , ect..
Old 04-05-2002, 08:50 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Chris S
[B]The best mod is in your riding skill - go to track days & schools, learn to ride the wheels off your bike.
Old 04-05-2002, 04:07 PM

thats suv, thats what i was lookin for.

chris, i have already tuned my drivng skill , that was the first thing i did when i got my bike. i do have plans for upgrades on my suspension, i just dont know when. my brakes seem good, for now. i will upgrade those. but can you explain "- rearsets (critical on Honda CBR600's for aggressive riding due to poor ground clearance) " this for me. you can pm me or just put it on this thread.
Old 04-05-2002, 04:08 PM

oh ya, any information on CAI'S?
Old 04-05-2002, 05:42 PM

Always improve suspension first. Use topnotch tires. Check the bike before you ride, eg: tire pressure, chain, fasteners. Only then get an aftermarket exhaust and things like unsprung weight. Enjoy
Old 04-05-2002, 06:57 PM

If you want more info and lots of useful help check out www.sportbikes.net Its probably the biggest sportbike forum, lots of great people and no idiots talking shit either.
Old 04-05-2002, 07:32 PM
Banned

How much does a good 96' Honda sports bike with 30,000 miles with enough horsepower to be called "quick" and have similar style with today's Honda's sports bikes cost?
Old 04-05-2002, 08:58 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Honda Racer,

I've never seen you ride, but my gut feeling tells me you still have a lot of room for improvement. No offense intended whatsoever, but most folks who are fast, smooth, and safe already know the answers to these questions.

Rearsets are replacement pegs/shifters/brake levers that position the pegs up and back (usually ~1" in both directions, though some are adjustable). Many pegs are fixed rather than folding, which I prefer. I like CFM (Woodcraft) rearsets b/c they're cheap, durable, and use OEM shift/brake levers, which can come in handy after a crash.

Why are you asking about CAI's? Your F4i's ram air induction is a more effective CAI than any you can buy for your S2000!

Quick Reply: mods for bikes?