Car and Bike Talk Discussions and comparisons of cars and motorcycles of all makes and models.

Mk7 Golf R

Old 08-22-2013, 10:18 PM

Received 113 Likes on 74 Posts

Originally Posted by woodburn
If its not reliable how can you say it's a solid car? It has leather? If the windows don't work and the interior lights work when they want how can you say it's a solid car? Toyota is a solid car, honda is a solid car, VW is not a solid car. Who cares what it does if it falls apart. Your logic is not sound unless you just that rich. Most rich people I know still care about a cars ratings.
You know your totally right. VWs/BMWs/Audis/Mercedes they all suck. Their windows don't work. everything electrical fails. No wonder their sales suck and nobody buys them
Old 08-22-2013, 10:44 PM

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by s.hasan546
Originally Posted by woodburn' timestamp='1377232362' post='22740341

If its not reliable how can you say it's a solid car? It has leather? If the windows don't work and the interior lights work when they want how can you say it's a solid car? Toyota is a solid car, honda is a solid car, VW is not a solid car. Who cares what it does if it falls apart. Your logic is not sound unless you just that rich. Most rich people I know still care about a cars ratings.
You know your totally right. VWs/BMWs/Audis/Mercedes they all suck. Their windows don't work. everything electrical fails. No wonder their sales suck and nobody buys them
Well they are not out selling there Japanese counter parts. The camery and accord is still the best selling car in the world. Lexus is the number one selling luxury brand in America. I don't see any VW or Audi knocking down any Lexus or Toyota doors. It's all reputation.
Old 08-23-2013, 07:18 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by s.hasan546' timestamp='1377224898' post='22740191
[quote name='woodburn' timestamp='1377221228' post='22740104']
Not awd but the new mazdaspeed 3 is a pretty nice hatch. Interior Look great and the fact it's a Mazda alone means it will hold better value and be less of a headache, not to mention its a lot cheaper and faster. There is so many turbo hatches now days take your pick
There is no new Mazdaspeed 3. So far, the new gen is Skyactiv only.

the mazda 3 has never been on the same level in terms of interior quality next to the Golf/GTI. & it might be faster but it handles like shit. torque steer out the ass. I'd take a GTI over a ms3 anyway, let alone a golf r.
Out of all 12 auto makers in the world VW is ranked in the bottom 3 of the worst cars to buy. That alone should sway your opinion. Now i agree that Audi and VW look nice and have a nicer feel but the little electrical problems and many others things that go wrong with them will nickel and dime you to death. I would love to jump into an m3 or Audi but the resale value and know problems....I don't trust German cars as far as I can throw them.
[/quote]

Wow, there are only 12 automakers in the world? I better sell my M3 before if falls apart!

Originally Posted by s.hasan546' timestamp='1377231324' post='22740323
[quote name='woodburn' timestamp='1377230590' post='22740317']
[quote name='s.hasan546' timestamp='1377224898' post='22740191']
Not awd but the new mazdaspeed 3 is a pretty nice hatch. Interior Look great and the fact it's a Mazda alone means it will hold better value and be less of a headache, not to mention its a lot cheaper and faster. There is so many turbo hatches now days take your pick
the mazda 3 has never been on the same level in terms of interior quality next to the Golf/GTI. & it might be faster but it handles like shit. torque steer out the ass. I'd take a GTI over a ms3 anyway, let alone a golf r.
Out of all 12 auto makers in the world VW is ranked in the bottom 3 of the worst cars to buy. That alone should sway your opinion. Now i agree that Audi and VW look nice and have a nicer feel but the little electrical problems and many others things that go wrong with them will nickel and dime you to death. I would love to jump into an m3 or Audi but the resale value and know problems....I don't trust German cars as far as I can throw them.
[/quote]

worst to buy for what? reliability? yippee who cares? You've mentioned that many times before. If you can't afford a german car, good for you. But there are plenty of people that can. I don't give a shit about reliability b.c i don't keep most of my cars past warranty. At least their not like Subaru who doesn't even cover major issues even during the warranty.
[/quote]

[/quote]

My wife had a Jetta TDI, it was a good car. We're considering buying a Golf GTD b/c of our prior positive experience.

Originally Posted by s.hasan546' timestamp='1377238729' post='22740421
[quote name='woodburn' timestamp='1377232362' post='22740341']
Well they are not out selling there Japanese counter parts. The camery and accord is still the best selling car in the world. Lexus is the number one selling luxury brand in America. I don't see any VW or Audi knocking down any Lexus or Toyota doors. It's all reputation.
[/quote]

News flash - VW is the world's largest automaker. http://www.forbes.com/sites/joannmul...ing-automaker/
Old 08-23-2013, 07:43 AM

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Chris S
Originally Posted by woodburn' timestamp='1377230590' post='22740317
There is no new Mazdaspeed 3. So far, the new gen is Skyactiv only.

[/quote]

Wow, there are only 12 automakers in the world? I better sell my M3 before if falls apart!

Originally Posted by s.hasan546' timestamp='1377231324' post='22740323
[quote name='woodburn' timestamp='1377230590' post='22740317']
[/quote]

worst to buy for what? reliability? yippee who cares? You've mentioned that many times before. If you can't afford a german car, good for you. But there are plenty of people that can. I don't give a shit about reliability b.c i don't keep most of my cars past warranty. At least their not like Subaru who doesn't even cover major issues even during the warranty.
[/quote]

[/quote]

My wife had a Jetta TDI, it was a good car. We're considering buying a Golf GTD b/c of our prior positive experience.

Originally Posted by s.hasan546' timestamp='1377238729' post='22740421
[quote name='woodburn' timestamp='1377232362' post='22740341']
[/quote]

News flash - VW is the world's largest automaker. http://www.forbes.com/sites/joannmul...ing-automaker/
[/quote]

Sorry man that profit not sales.
Old 08-23-2013, 08:33 AM

Sorry man that profit not sales.
"Toyota sold 9.7 million cars and trucks last year, compared to GM’s 9.29 million and VW’s 9.1 million. "

big difference

Audi limits their allocation for the US and still has great sales that are increasing every year.
Old 08-23-2013, 08:35 AM

WHO CARES? None of the german companies have a goal to beat their japanese counterparts in sheer numbers. Lexus is not the #1 selling luxury brand. Thats usually a fight between MB & BMW. I think your a little out of touch with actual reality. Honda/Toyota sell a ton of camrys, accords; etc b.c they sell freaking appliances not cars. Their boring POSs to drive to point A to B.
Old 08-23-2013, 09:26 AM

Received 410 Likes on 305 Posts

This is true. SOA is developing a deserved reputation for F'ing their customers over. I have read many accounts of ringland failure on STi's being punted to the customer to fix on their own dime.

I have a VW TDi, and it's been 100%, no issues at all. I will consider VAG for my next purchase despite what these anti-VAG internet commandos repeatedly whinge. Tired of hearing it. Once you have said it 5 times, it's enough, shut the F up.
Old 08-23-2013, 09:39 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Love my VW, had it for over half a decade and zero probs. Was a bit worried due to the internet reputation but I've been pleasantly surprised, I would definitely consider a MK7 Golf R if they bring it over with the DSG.
Old 08-23-2013, 10:02 AM

Originally Posted by TommyDeVito
I have a VW TDi, and it's been 100%, no issues at all. I will consider VAG for my next purchase despite what these anti-VAG internet commandos repeatedly whinge. Tired of hearing it. Once you have said it 5 times, it's enough, shut the F up.
Exactly. And people don't seem to realize reliability rating never take into account each specific model's reliability. Like id never touch a cooper S out of warranty, but a base cooper is semi-decent. TDI VWs are very reliable. Their resale values are insane!
Old 08-23-2013, 11:24 AM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by woodburn' timestamp='1377221228' post='22740104

A Mazdaspeed3 handles like shit? Come on man. Since you obviously have never driven a MS3, I recommend you do. The handling is fantastic for a fwd car; worlds better than the new GTI I drove a few weeks ago.

Quick Reply: Mk7 Golf R