Car and Bike Talk Discussions and comparisons of cars and motorcycles of all makes and models.

Mazdaspeed3 or Mazdaspeed6 or STI?

Old 05-20-2009, 09:56 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Shift_S2K,May 20 2009, 01:42 PM
Couldn't agree more. In addition, just cause one person claims to have gotten this deal doesn't make it reality. The supposed 28K STI is what got me looking at Subarus in the first place at the end of last year and the best price my local dealer would do was 31...
Actually, quite a few people got the $7k+ off MSRP for the '08 STI, myself included. Those that got that discount for the base model meant it was ~$27-28k before TTL (depending on the discount amount, obviously). Now, if someone said they got it for $27k with TTL included, then that'd be a little harder to swallow. I know there were some dealers out there who wouldn't deal or would just not discount the full amount, some of whom I encountered when I got in contact with every Subaru dealer in the state. So, that could explain why you were unlucky.

Regardless, what I said previously is still applicable.

Anyway, that's the last hijack from me.
Old 05-20-2009, 10:01 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

In this order

WRX > 3 > 6
Old 05-20-2009, 12:12 PM

i wonder if anybody knows any deal for MS3 in socal?
Old 05-20-2009, 12:47 PM

MS3 gets my vote
Old 05-20-2009, 05:54 PM

have you considered the subaru legacy GT? I would probably pick that over a ms6
Old 05-20-2009, 06:06 PM

WRX, STI, or Evo
Old 05-20-2009, 06:48 PM

Got a brand new 08.5 MS3 Sport for $21,300 a year ago so can probably get it cheaper nowadays. Averaging 26 mpg for my commutes with mostly freeway. Fun to drive commuter and comfortable. Great sleeper for those unsuspecting import and domestic tailgaters/ricers. GTI's and R32's all know what it is and think it's their arch enemy. I always get one doing ricer flybys or revving when I'm near. Shifter isn't great like S2k but good. Clutch takes getting used to. Looks cleaner without side moldings. No problems after 16k miles on the odo. Did oil changes myself. Only mod is Cobb SRI and dynojetted at 251 WHP/286 WTQ. No comments about MS6 since I don't own one. Torque steer is there but you get used to it. Doesn't affect me coming out of corners and flooring it since already in 3rd or 4th since power is plenty down low. Like RWD you don't floor it before the turn. Roomy back seats. Fits rear facing and forward facing car seats and tons of room in trunk. Foldable back seats so more room can be had. Somewhat floaty when bumpy but compromise between comfort and performance. Sticks when cornering hard. Great seats and interior. Undercarriage practically covered for top speed performance. Braces and mazdaspeed green bushings underneath. For the price I can live with FWD but would prefer AWD or RWD but nothing like it in this price range with this much power. Complaints about 6k rpm power loss overstated. Power comes alive at 2750rpm so not complaining. S2K power doesn't start till 6k rpm so same can be said about short powerband. Dislikes? Shifter and clutch the first week but after that got used to it. Rattles around windshield when cold outside but can be fixed with a DIY workaround. Very prone to heatsoak since intercooler sits right on top of engine. Understeer when in very tight canyon twisties(FWD). Wife even said MS3 felt way faster than S2K.

Old 05-20-2009, 06:58 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

[QUOTE=EP Heart,May 20 2009, 09:56 AM] Actually, quite a few people got the $7k+ off MSRP for the '08 STI, myself included.
Old 05-20-2009, 09:30 PM

Originally Posted by hyperpm,May 20 2009, 06:48 PM
Got a brand new 08.5 MS3 Sport for $21,300 a year ago so can probably get it cheaper nowadays. Averaging 26 mpg for my commutes with mostly freeway. Fun to drive commuter and comfortable. Great sleeper for those unsuspecting import and domestic tailgaters/ricers. GTI's and R32's all know what it is and think it's their arch enemy. I always get one doing ricer flybys or revving when I'm near. Shifter isn't great like S2k but good. Clutch takes getting used to. Looks cleaner without side moldings. No problems after 16k miles on the odo. Did oil changes myself. Only mod is Cobb SRI and dynojetted at 251 WHP/286 WTQ. No comments about MS6 since I don't own one. Torque steer is there but you get used to it. Doesn't affect me coming out of corners and flooring it since already in 3rd or 4th since power is plenty down low. Like RWD you don't floor it before the turn. Roomy back seats. Fits rear facing and forward facing car seats and tons of room in trunk. Foldable back seats so more room can be had. Somewhat floaty when bumpy but compromise between comfort and performance. Sticks when cornering hard. Great seats and interior. Undercarriage practically covered for top speed performance. Braces and mazdaspeed green bushings underneath. For the price I can live with FWD but would prefer AWD or RWD but nothing like it in this price range with this much power. Complaints about 6k rpm power loss overstated. Power comes alive at 2750rpm so not complaining. S2K power doesn't start till 6k rpm so same can be said about short powerband. Dislikes? Shifter and clutch the first week but after that got used to it. Rattles around windshield when cold outside but can be fixed with a DIY workaround. Very prone to heatsoak since intercooler sits right on top of engine. Understeer when in very tight canyon twisties(FWD). Wife even said MS3 felt way faster than S2K.

wow $21k for a brand new ms3?!! that's a great deal!!!
i was trying to get a 08.5 model just couple month ago and those dealers were not dealing with me!!! they were asking like $27k otd for a GT model...
so i went with gti instead...
Old 05-20-2009, 09:58 PM

^ MS3 Sport waay cheaper than GT model. Sport doesn't come with hid headlights, led taillights, bose system, and leather seats. Price mentioned doesn't include tax and title fees but still cheaper than GT.

Quick Reply: Mazdaspeed3 or Mazdaspeed6 or STI?