Car and Bike Talk Discussions and comparisons of cars and motorcycles of all makes and models.

Looking for a third "fun" car

Old 11-25-2011, 08:06 PM

Received 215 Likes on 148 Posts

Why aren t you looking at something like a motorcycle?
Old 11-26-2011, 06:23 AM
CG

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by woodburn
Cobalt ss turbo...? Talk about track car, look into there lap times and you will be???
The OP wants RWD or AWD so that takes this car out. Not knocking the car because the handling is amazing for a FWD car. I've even got the butt ugly HHR SS which is the wagon version of the Cobalt SS. If it was RWD I'd love it but sadly it is wrong wheel drive. It is still a very quick and good handling car.

I'm with JonBoy on this one. Solstice GXP Coupe is a beautiful and rare car. I actually think the looks alone may someday make this a collectible. I've been somewhat keeping my eyes open for one.
Old 11-26-2011, 08:25 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Another vote for the GTO. Check out top gear reviews for the Holden/vauxhall equivalent - clarkson says it handles well too for a car it's size. Hopefully going to test drive one next weekend
Old 11-26-2011, 07:55 PM

I'd personally get an NA1 NSX. They go for 18-20k these now.

4 year old article below by car and driver:

http://www.caranddriver.com/features...ura-nsx-page-3
Old 11-27-2011, 05:41 AM

My AP1 is MY fun car. Not very practical in Iowa with winters and such. My daily driver is a 2011 Civic SI Sedan. I also have a 2010 Triumph Thruxton for fun. I agree with the suggestions about getting a bike, Else, get an Evo/STi and make the S2000 your fun car. I have owned several Evo's - I love them, but I prefer the simplicity of the s2k and its more raw - esp the AP1. Plus, I think the Evo has way more maintenance compared to the s2k.
Old 11-29-2011, 01:38 PM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Well since I was so undecided and all over the place with cars, I decided to go for a 95 viper rt/10. Still working on the deal, we'll see...

I also found a very nice rx7 for sale, that could possibly happen too. Who knows, pics and details once I finally get a car.
Old 11-30-2011, 04:08 AM

Originally Posted by d1rtyc4r
Well since I was so undecided and all over the place with cars, I decided to go for a 95 viper rt/10. Still working on the deal, we'll see...

I also found a very nice rx7 for sale, that could possibly happen too. Who knows, pics and details once I finally get a car.
Nice. Sounds like a great choice for a 3rd car
Old 12-03-2011, 01:18 PM

Well I managed to avoid that disaster of a Viper. It was a major PITA dealing with the stealership, never returned my calls, didn't know much about the viper, etc. I looked them up online to find some reviews and there are a bunch of people who are saying that stealership sells totaled cars, but the accidents don't show up on carfax. So they repair them in shop and resell. Basically they are a huge scam. Wow.

There aren't any rx7s for sale that fit what I'm looking for. There is one, but the deal seems too good to be true so I've been holding off.

I also found a very nicely priced 370z Nismo. I called the dealership today and it had been sold last night. WTF. The next 370z near me is in a town thats a pita to get to and pretty far, don't want to deal with the traffic to get there...

The search continues...
Old 12-03-2011, 02:40 PM

Possible to get a cobra replica for that kind of money? Bucket T roadsters can be fun as well.
Old 12-06-2011, 09:34 AM

Well I decided to take a drastic turn regarding the car situation. The deal is about 95% done, should be picking the beast up tomorrow. The only hint I will give is this car has a unique feature regarding its valves.

Quick Reply: Looking for a third "fun" car