Car and Bike Talk Discussions and comparisons of cars and motorcycles of all makes and models.

lol Crosstour

Old 01-15-2010, 04:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default lol Crosstour

I had to share this it was just too priceless.

I was on the phone with my Wife while she was driving home and out of the blue she goes "What the ****...what the **** is a Crosstour". Right away I started laughing. I explained that it was a Honda Accord hatchback that was lifted. Her response was that "It looks like shit, it can't decided what it wants to be!".

Maybe it's not as funny to other people but I lol'd
Old 01-15-2010, 04:26 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It's no Aztek (sp?):

Saw one in person and wouldn't mind rocking one. It looks very useful.
Old 01-15-2010, 04:32 PM

[QUOTE=Steponme,Jan 15 2010, 05:26 PM]It's no Aztek (sp?):
http://www.seattleautoshow.com/models/2010...ur_004_ex-l.jpg

Saw one in person and wouldn't mind rocking one.
Old 01-15-2010, 05:15 PM

Pop the tratch and most of the conceptions about usability go up in smoke. With the stupid swooping roofline and the overly intrusive wheel-wells the trunk isn't that big or usable: 25.7 cu ft versus 14 cu ft for the sedan. Still, a noticeable improvement but the Venza offers 34 cu ft. If you're willing to go a bit more proletariat the Outback can be had for a whopping 10 grand less than the AWD CrossTour, also with 34 cu ft of cargo room. It isn't apples to apples of course, but 30k BASE all the way up to 38k (EX-L Navi w/ optional trunk and door protectors, cargo tray - ie stuff many people are going to want on a car that's supposedly being bought for its practicality over a regular Accord) is getting up there. That's squarely in RDX, Infiniti EX, and nipping at the heels of the perennial yuppie mobile - the Lexus RX.

Even within Honda's own lineup it makes no sense. There's the CRV which is cheaper, gets better mileage, and has more room on the low end. And if you want the dressed up interior bits the Pilot isn't much more expensive, has TONS more utility, and doesn't get substantial worse mileage.
Old 01-15-2010, 05:40 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I just hate it because they pulled off a commercial in the middle of the Chuck season premiere. I thought it was actually part of the show at first because it included 2 of the show's characters, so I sat through the entire commercial

F*** You, Honda. Now I'm not going to buy one on principle just because you deceived me.

FYI... I wouldn't have bought one anyway, but if you'd have built a regular Accord wagon that looked like the original prototype and wasn't jacked up like that, I might've considered it.
Old 01-15-2010, 06:51 PM

Saw this at car show last weekend and really don't get the purpose of this car. 2nd row and rear cargo area really small. Try getting into backseat without out hitting head. No standard four wheel drive. It's like a wannabe Outback. This car/ZDX is far from useful.
Old 01-15-2010, 07:29 PM

The bottom of the hatch openning is very narrow which defeats the purpose of having a hatch in the first place. The other problem with the design of the car is that the width and angle of the C pillars are such that rear three-quarter visibility is significantly obscured. On the plus side, the tactility of the interior plastics is very nice, and the car is comfortable. I can't help but wonder if an Accord wagon, even with AWD as an option, wouldn't be a better designed car.
Old 01-15-2010, 09:35 PM

Parents have one in the driveway. They got it to replace the 00' civic with 208k miles we had for 10years

At first i thought it was ugly but its grown on me. its a pretty nice car and somewhat powerful. I cant really give a review on it because ive been so busy with school, but my dad loves it.
Old 01-16-2010, 12:07 AM

Originally Posted by hyperpm,Jan 15 2010, 09:51 PM
It's like a wannabe Outback.
The current Outback is a very nice ride...quite likely our next family hauler.
Old 01-16-2010, 02:32 PM

Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts

[QUOTE=Steponme,Jan 15 2010, 08:26 PM]

Saw one in person and wouldn't mind rocking one.

Quick Reply: lol Crosstour