Car and Bike Talk Discussions and comparisons of cars and motorcycles of all makes and models.

Lincoln MKS

Old 08-12-2006, 07:12 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by pbm317,Aug 12 2006, 04:02 PM
Dwyane Wade from the Heat just got signed to promote the new Navigator.
LOL....Caddy never paid anyone to ride their 'Slade. D Wade is too nice of a person and does not project the ghetto fab/gangsta/hip-hop lifestyle. If Lincoln was smart they would have given some Navs to some of the hotter rap stars or ballers to pimp out...then let the rest of sheeple try to be like them.
Old 08-13-2006, 08:44 AM

Where is everyone seeing that the MKS will have a V8? I do not see a specs button for that car when I go to that site.

IMO, out of those three, the MKS would have the best chance for success. It's better looking than any current Lincoln, and it has by far the best interior of those three vehicles, and any current production Lincoln. I like the interior a lot actually. A couple parts of the exterior could be improved, but overall I like it.

The MKX looks nice on the outside, and generally on the inside as well, but it's using Ford's corporate HVAC, Nav and stereo setup. You're not going to be able to build distinctiveness into your puxury brand by using the same components found in a Merc or a Ford. Cadillac has had this figured out since the 80s.

I think the new Navigator will continue to lose ground to the Escalade because, like the MKX, it also uses Ford corporate dash components. The Escalade on the other hand does not use the Yukon's dashboard with nicer pieces. Also, the Navigator seems to be perpetually stuck with the 300hp V8 while the Escalade runs away with the engine and power title quite easily. The Escalade is still IMO prettier, too. This Navigator is the prettiest ever for sure, but it's just not up there with the GM trucks.

I like the fact that Lincoln is trying to reinvent their styling. I think they're on the right track overall. But they have to stop using pieces from other Fords to make their cars. Cadillac is simply better for this reason alone. Not a single Cadillac shares it's interior with cars from other GM brands.
Old 08-13-2006, 10:55 AM

Originally Posted by Bobthearch,Aug 12 2006, 09:51 PM
I don't agree. I think that many sedan shoppers will choose the Lincoln over the Lexus/Acura models, especially if the Lincoln is priced competitively and has a V8.
Not trying to be nasty, but are you insane? Many buyers will pick a Lincoln over a Lexus or Acura, especially if the Lincoln has a V8? First, the Lincoln brand has little to no cachet/appeal anymore. Ford threw that away long ago (probably before I was born). Lexus is likely the most sterling mainstream car company now (with the reliability woes of Mercedes and BMW (not to mention BMW's styling)). Acura, not so much, but still leagues ahead of Lincoln. Second, in the coming fuel-conscious marketplace (and this Lincoln won't be playing at the top where no one gives a shit about MPG), I don't think V8s will be such a draw either, especially with new generations of more powerful and efficient V6s. No one can predict the future, but I have no doubt that this car will be a failure. Remember the LS (and that was RWD!). What's the resale value on one of those???
Old 08-13-2006, 01:46 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I really cant see why anyone would pick that car over a Lexus or Acura.
Old 08-13-2006, 01:58 PM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Interesting. Not for me, but not bad.
Old 08-14-2006, 10:57 AM

Sadly they are only history.
Old 08-15-2006, 09:36 AM

Isn't this a Mazda 6 platform? The Ford version is selling well and this is a much better looking car so why not?

I'd like to see Lincoln take the mustang platform, give it an IRS and some elegant styling and see if it could capture away some of the german coupe market.
Old 08-15-2006, 09:42 AM

Well, hopefully it doesn't share the same basis structure of the Zephyr.

http://www.cnn.com/2006/AUTOS/08/04/iihs_c...ests/index.html
Old 08-15-2006, 09:47 AM

My personal opinion on Ford is they spent the past few decades to ruin the company (self destruction) and it is quite difficult for them to turn the company around.
Old 08-15-2006, 10:33 AM

Originally Posted by Dr. WOT,Aug 15 2006, 09:36 AM
Isn't this a Mazda 6 platform? The Ford version is selling well and this is a much better looking car so why not?
The Fusion is selling well? I hardly see any on the road at all.

And I live in LA.

Quick Reply: Lincoln MKS