Car and Bike Talk Discussions and comparisons of cars and motorcycles of all makes and models.

Lincoln MKS

Old 08-11-2006, 07:56 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lincoln MKS

Lincoln has announced this week that it will produce the MKS, a midsize luxury sedan.

http://www.lincoln.com/reachhigher/

I like it, but I'm a Lincoln sorta guy. The front is OK, the profile is rather ordinary, but the interior is breathtaking.

Just wondering what you guys think of it, especially in light of the new Lexus releases.

The website also has photos of the updated Navigator and new MKX, vehicles that don't interest me whatsoever. Sure wish they'd get their sh*t together and get a two-door back in the showroom.

Best Wishes,
-Bob
Old 08-11-2006, 09:03 PM

Received 118 Likes on 68 Posts

is that what the production version going to look like? its pretty sharp.
Old 08-11-2006, 09:17 PM

The production version is supposed to be very close or identical to the concept. Guess we'll know for sure in '08.

-Bob
Old 08-11-2006, 09:44 PM

Agreed, if the production version looks like the MKS we see in those pics, it would be a very interesting buy, especially with that V8.
Old 08-12-2006, 12:11 PM

I think it's destined for failure. I would guess it'll be about comparable to today's TL, and that came out in '04. I think this is coming out as an '09. Ford is waayy behind the curve. I also think that MKX is destined for failure too. Uninteresting styling. Small and with no 3rd row (I believe). Hell, my FX came out in '03, and I see no notable improvements over that in the MKX. In fact, the FX's styling is still much more interesting. Like I said, Ford is waayy behind the curve, and these new models will do nothing to right the company's course.
Old 08-12-2006, 01:51 PM

I don't agree. I think that many sedan shoppers will choose the Lincoln over the Lexus/Acura models, especially if the Lincoln is priced competitively and has a V8.

I also think that MKX is destined for failure too.
You could be right about that one. Looks like yet another station wagon, virtually indistinguishable from the current Lexus/Hyundai/Kia/Nissan/whatever wagons. Even if Lincoln's wagon is equal or superior to the other brands', they're four years behind in that market. The tournament will have moved on to another town before Lincoln's team even gets to the field. Lincoln should have released the MKX years ago instead of fooling around with the Aviator.

My vote for "Biggest Flop by Lincoln" is the Zephyr. Blechhhh.

-Bob
Old 08-12-2006, 02:11 PM
Community Organizer

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Cadillac is sleighing Lincoln. IMO.... Give it up Ford. Not even the Navigator is selling anymore. Rebadged for 500s (which aren't selling eigther) and Explorers aren't cutting it anymore. If there is one autocompany (aside from Mitsubishi which is just about out of the US) that needs a miracle its Ford. They make excellent vehicles everywhere else in the world 9not that I would ever own one) except for the country that built the company to begin with... GM too.... but atleast GM is starting to get it... I think the designers at Ford were castrated...... like every car they build.

It sucks that you have to move to go Australia to get a great American brand car these days.
Old 08-12-2006, 02:26 PM
Banned

You just don't see rappers and ballers in Lincolns these days, so I agree they will be flops.
Old 08-12-2006, 04:02 PM

Dwyane Wade from the Heat just got signed to promote the new Navigator.
Old 08-12-2006, 07:01 PM

Originally Posted by pbm317,Aug 12 2006, 05:02 PM
Dwyane Wade from the Heat just got signed to promote the new Navigator.
D Wade the Lincoln Messiah? Only time will tell.

Quick Reply: Lincoln MKS