Car and Bike Talk Discussions and comparisons of cars and motorcycles of all makes and models.

The lil AWD hatch is coming to the US

Old 12-10-2010, 02:00 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Elistan,Dec 9 2010, 06:49 PM
Because the ranking of a new vs used car comparison doesn't tell you much interesting about the cars themselves. Say somebody would pick a new Golf R over a new 335whatever... but would also pick a used 335 over a new Golf R... which ignores the comparison of the used 335 to the used Golf R, at which point we're back to the Golf R being preferred because of the price. The intent of saying "I'd rather have such-and-such used" is a comment about the price of the new car, but a meaningless comment because every new car's price drops when used.
I understand what you are saying, but we will agree to disagree. I think it makes perfect sense to cross shop and compare new/slightly used, especially in this case. Euro/AWD/FI/Sporty/Price point...sounds like they match up pretty nicely to me.
Old 12-10-2010, 02:44 AM

Not only does our Stage I ECU Upgrade give you higher peak numbers of 322 horsepower and 321lb-ft. of torque, but also gains of up to 66 horsepower are available at higher rpms on the 265hp engine! APR's ECU Upgrade is the best power per dollar modification for the new 2.0T FSI and gives it just the extra edge these cars lack from the factory without pushing the limits. With factory like smoothness and drivability APR's ECU Upgrade will fill the void in an otherwise excellent car.

And that is just with a chip so with a TB this car can be way over 300+whp and that under 2 grand and i LOVEEEE that VW is only bringing it in stick yesss.
Old 12-10-2010, 05:02 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by prnstr40,Dec 10 2010, 07:00 AM
I understand what you are saying, but we will agree to disagree. I think it makes perfect sense to cross shop and compare new/slightly used, especially in this case. Euro/AWD/FI/Sporty/Price point...sounds like they match up pretty nicely to me.
Old 12-10-2010, 05:27 AM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Great looking car I think. But with the evo X taking mods so well and so easy with open source tuning, and a great AWD system, and great looking......

Well you get the idea. Plus VW reliability is well......sometimes questionable.
Old 12-10-2010, 05:39 AM

So another $33,000+ trip through the corporate parts bin for the $18,000 economy car. Whoopty doo. Now they don't even give you the VR6, just the same old turbo four. At least the center diff isn't one of those lame passive ones anymore.

I would be careful calling it AWD though. Unless it's got limited slip diffs front and rear, sorry, that's one front wheel and one rear wheel drive. Guess it's better than just one front wheel.
Old 12-10-2010, 06:21 AM

One car I would trade my MS3 in for. Too bad they didn't offer DSG though, need that for DDing.
Old 12-10-2010, 07:26 AM

i really like the looks of this car. but i will not be giving vw any of my money. the dealership here can go to hell and the next one is about 45 mins away.

in 2004 i went to the dealership very intent on buying a vr6 golf and simply asked for a brochure. they ignored me for id say about 15 mins while i was standing in the dealership looking for someone to help me. then i finally walked back to the office area where 2 sales guys were bs'ing. one of them said they would go check for one and then didnt come back for like 20 more mins. finally the guy came back and said he forgot. well frankly with that kind of service i will never buy a car from them. went out the next day and bought a nissan.
Old 12-10-2010, 07:41 AM

Originally Posted by dsms2k,Dec 10 2010, 12:26 PM
i really like the looks of this car. but i will not be giving vw any of my money. the dealership here can go to hell and the next one is about 45 mins away.

in 2004 i went to the dealership very intent on buying a vr6 golf and simply asked for a brochure. they ignored me for id say about 15 mins while i was standing in the dealership looking for someone to help me. then i finally walked back to the office area where 2 sales guys were bs'ing. one of them said they would go check for one and then didnt come back for like 20 more mins. finally the guy came back and said he forgot. well frankly with that kind of service i will never buy a car from them. went out the next day and bought a nissan.
Old 12-10-2010, 08:16 AM

Originally Posted by GinoGT,Dec 10 2010, 06:39 AM
So another $33,000+ trip through the corporate parts bin for the $18,000 economy car. Whoopty doo. Now they don't even give you the VR6, just the same old turbo four. At least the center diff isn't one of those lame passive ones anymore.

I would be careful calling it AWD though. Unless it's got limited slip diffs front and rear, sorry, that's one front wheel and one rear wheel drive. Guess it's better than just one front wheel.
hahhahahaaha how is the new MKVI body being a eco box what are evo's than ($13000 Lancer)and STI's ($15000 impreza) and don't evan get me started with the interior. The new R will be comfortabe like a 3 series and Quiet like a 7 series and it will perform not much less than a evo's or sti's and the TSI engine is fully build with forget internals (not a GTI engine) same engine that comes in a 60K Audi TT. I am not saying i would get the R20 over a evo or sti i driven them both many many times but i would consider it take it for a long test drive and see what's what i know its a good car all around.
Old 12-10-2010, 08:40 AM

I love those things. and R32s. 33's are ugly.

Quick Reply: The lil AWD hatch is coming to the US