Car and Bike Talk Discussions and comparisons of cars and motorcycles of all makes and models.

LF-A First Drive

Old 10-28-2009, 01:51 AM

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

if i had the money i'd drive that car. No way would it get locked up. 9500 redline? v10? that must sound incredible.
Old 10-28-2009, 02:55 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

^^
Old 11-02-2009, 11:04 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Steponme,Oct 27 2009, 02:48 PM

Lexus doesn't even want you to know or talk about this car; it's not for you! The Mustang is more of your style.

Btw, what does the Z06 or GT-R beat it in? All aspects?
Now that I have caught up with your little trail of quips aimed at my posts here is another shout out for ya. Do you get a kick or your jollies off on the internet trying to prove your distasteful points to others? Really? How long have you been an owner/member again? Get off your lazy ass and become a paid member so then someone might care what you think around here.

1. I wouldnt waste my money on one of these overpriced cars period. And I refuse to jump on the fanboi wagon just cause its new and seems kewl to kids like you. And you are using "Car & Driver" as your info sources?

2. Funny that you say a mustang is for me.....cause i am on the same forum as you are, driving the same thing as you are. SO i guess your dream car is a mullet mobile too?

3. The price of a GT-R & its numbers speak for themselves here. Who cares if it has a V10 in it? Really.....who? There are many cars that do 0-60 in the 3.5 range for lots and lots less than this LFA.

Old 11-02-2009, 12:09 PM

Originally Posted by roy365,Nov 2 2009, 12:04 PM
Now that I have caught up with your little trail of quips aimed at my posts here is another shout out for ya. Do you get a kick or your jollies off on the internet trying to prove your distasteful points to others? Really? How long have you been an owner/member again? Get off your lazy ass and become a paid member so then someone might care what you think around here.

1. I wouldnt waste my money on one of these overpriced cars period. And I refuse to jump on the fanboi wagon just cause its new and seems kewl to kids like you. And you are using "Car & Driver" as your info sources?

2. Funny that you say a mustang is for me.....cause i am on the same forum as you are, driving the same thing as you are. SO i guess your dream car is a mullet mobile too?

3. The price of a GT-R & its numbers speak for themselves here. Who cares if it has a V10 in it? Really.....who? There are many cars that do 0-60 in the 3.5 range for lots and lots less than this LFA.

You probably earn way less than 100k annually, and you're talking about wasting money on a car you can never come close to afford.
Old 11-02-2009, 01:05 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Malloric,Oct 27 2009, 06:15 PM
Apparently, they never head the saying "don't reinvent the wheel". I mean, engineering and coming up with you're own process for making carbon fiber A-pillars? Are they any better? Is Toyota planning on using the process in future cars that would justify the capital investment? If not, it just seems a waste of money.
It's not cost-effective yet, that's for sure, but these aren't entirely new technologies.

For instance, that braiding process has already been used to make entire car chassis out of fiberglass--I have a picture of it from a 2002 publication. Braiding has some competetive appeal compared to other preform processes, particularly in damage tolerance. But the point is that they aren't inventing new technologies on their own.

CF is getting cheaper and cheaper, so I suppose Lexus just wants to get in on learning how to use it in case it becomes cost-competitive in the sub-$100k car range. A halo car is the perfect opportunity to get some R&D funded and develop some in-house talent.
Old 11-02-2009, 01:21 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

[QUOTE=roy365,Nov 2 2009, 12:04 PM] Now that I have caught up with your little trail of quips aimed at my posts here is another shout out for ya. Do you get a kick or your jollies off on the internet trying to prove your distasteful points to others? Really? How long have you been an owner/member again? Get off your lazy ass and become a paid member so then someone might care what you think around here.

1. I wouldnt waste my money on one of these overpriced cars period. And I refuse to jump on the fanboi wagon just cause its new and seems kewl to kids like you.
Old 11-02-2009, 01:25 PM

Originally Posted by Steponme,Nov 2 2009, 02:21 PM
So, to summarize, how do the Z06 and GT-R beat the LFA in ALL aspects? Please either put the crack pipe down or submit yourself into a mental hospital.
Let me spell this out for you tard. My money and my opinion and my likes are ALWAYS going to go towards the GT-R, or vette period. Do you not get that i dont answer to you or your likings? So why do you insist on following me around like you have a man crush or bromance with me? Only people with more money than brains will be buying this car because of its exclusiveness and performance. And unfortunately you dont fit either of those categories fanboi.

Is that a good enough summary for you?
Old 11-02-2009, 01:38 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by roy365,Nov 2 2009, 02:25 PM
Let me spell this out for you tard. My money and my opinion and my likes are ALWAYS going to go towards the GT-R, or vette period. Do you not get that i dont answer to you or your likings? So why do you insist on following me around like you have a man crush or bromance with me? Only people with more money than brains will be buying this car because of its exclusiveness and performance. And unfortunately you dont fit either of those categories fanboi.

Is that a good enough summary for you?
One more reason to love a Corvette Z06 or a Nissan GT-R. Beats it in all aspects.
You're so stupid! You specifically said that the GT-R and Z06 beat the LFA in all aspects. Besides price, they don't beat the LFA in ANY aspect, much less ALL. They don't even beat the LFA in speed, much less other tangible and intangible aspects. You think supercars are about value? If you want value, go buy a Corolla.
Old 11-02-2009, 01:46 PM

Originally Posted by Steponme,Nov 2 2009, 02:38 PM

You're so stupid! You specifically said that the GT-R and Z06 beat the LFA in all aspects. Besides price, they don't beat the LFA in ANY aspect, much less ALL. They don't even beat the LFA in speed, much less other tangible and intangible aspects. You think supercars are about value? If you want value, go buy a Corolla.
Yeah im sorry i dont call you on friday when you are ALL alone and ask you what i should do with my money dude.

Bottom line is TO ME the GT-R would make smile ALL day long for alot less money and be competitve to this car you are pointlessly arguing about.
Old 11-02-2009, 01:59 PM
Banned

^ Just for you: http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/all

You didn't seem to understand the definition of "all". Besides price, those cars don't beat the LFA in any aspect, much less all. And here's the shocking news, limited supercars are not about value!!!

Quick Reply: LF-A First Drive