Car and Bike Talk Discussions and comparisons of cars and motorcycles of all makes and models.

Lexus LS600

Old 04-09-2007, 07:02 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lexus LS600

Looks like an interesting piece to say the least. It has so many gizmos and gadgets.

Worlds First Full Hybrid V8 Powertrain
430hp
First LED Headlights of any production vehicle
3 cameras. The car can tell when your not looking ahead....etc

Any thoughts. Would u buy it?

check out the rest: http://www.leftlanenews.com/lexus-debuts-2...-ls-600h-l.html

Old 04-09-2007, 07:40 AM
rai

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Onehots2k,Apr 9 2007, 07:02 AM
Any thoughts. Would u buy it?
I don't want to sound like a hater, but I'm not the least interested in buying a car like this. I like to read about them with all the doo-dads but I prefer something a lot cheaper.

It looks like a fine car, tour-de-force (sp?) and should keep their owners well satisfied. But no way in heck do I want to spend north of $100K for a luxury barge. But if I did, it would be something like the S8 or Bentley, or maybe the Maser sedan.

But even those cars, no. I'm not looking for a 4500 lb + sedan. My AWD minivan is similar weight for gosh sakes.

I'm sure they are a dream to drive on the HW and quite and relaxing around town. But luxury sedans don't do much for me.

$110K for an R8 or GT3, yes, but for a sedan, I'd as soon spend half that for a M35 or A6 (or similar). If I had to get something SOOOOO big as the Lexus I'd be satisfied with the base LS or base A8. But I don't forsee needing a LAGE sedan. I'm as happy with a minivan which I don't have to worry about the kids messing up.

My brother-in-law leases 7-series and A8s, a new one every other year. He's so full of himself I'm sure he likes the image. It was so funny seeing him packing the trunk of his A8, he could only fit 70% in the trunk and the rest had to go on the kids laps in the back seat. His wife has a Surburban so he can get by with that for the whole family. But he likes to brag about his car, like anyone cares so he'll try to use the A8 for a trip, but the laugh is when there is no room and you have to sit on the trunk to close it and have bags and stuff on top of the rear seat riders.
Old 04-09-2007, 08:02 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Lexus and Inifiniti came on the scene selling luxury for less (remember the first Q-ship?). Now they want to sell for the same price. Good luck with that.
Old 04-09-2007, 08:09 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

^ dunno...

if he has THAT much stuff to take on a trip, it's obviously not the right car to take.

we've (family of 4) taken roadtrips in our S8, 740, and ML....we've never fully utilized the space in either....there was always space left over.

the S8 was actually a week-long road trip. mind you, it was summer, so we prolly needed/took less stuff than for a winter trip.

having said that, i prefer a large luxo-sedan over a truck or minivan.

as much as you "laugh" at your BIL, i bet his large sedan affords him a better driving experience than your crappy minivan....so the laughs on you.
Old 04-09-2007, 08:12 AM

[QUOTE=rai,Apr 9 2007, 07:40 AM] My brother-in-law leases 7-series and A8s, a new one every other year.
Old 04-09-2007, 08:21 AM

I'd rather have the s-class over the ls, granted the s65 amg costs about 85k more than that.
Old 04-09-2007, 08:24 AM

I don't know, that's a lot of money. I like the Lexus brand a lot and used to own a '92 coupe (I know, that's a long time ago) but they just aren't as exciting to drive as their German counterparts. At the same price, I'd get a BMW or even Mercedes. With a major discount, I'd think about the Lexus.
Old 04-09-2007, 09:03 AM

[QUOTE=Penforhire,Apr 9 2007, 08:02 AM] Lexus and Inifiniti came on the scene selling luxury for less (remember the first Q-ship?).
Old 04-09-2007, 09:15 AM

I heard this car is already sold out for year 1.

Personally, I think this car is great from what I've read. The only thing I don't like is how it's not that differentiated from the LS460 (besides the headlights and the badge). If I was paying for an "AMG" or "M" model, I would accept a little more differentiation in the body
Old 04-09-2007, 09:45 AM

The styling is so so, but I'm sure people will buy it because its a hybrid.

Quick Reply: Lexus LS600