Car and Bike Talk Discussions and comparisons of cars and motorcycles of all makes and models.

Lambos...all show?

Old 07-12-2009, 08:31 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Elistan,Jul 10 2009, 09:45 PM
I have no such plans. Your point, I assume, is that a person should not discuss or otherwise be interested in a car you cannot, or have no intention of, purchasing? Does that apply to yourself, being on s2ki? When are you planning your S2000 purchase? Or is that NOT your honest point and you're simply trolling?

Does it make you feel better that the OP is posting because (or so he claims?) that his friend IS planning on purchasing some such car?
when most people have just seen them at car shows and have never driven them, it leads to a non value added discussion. if the OP posted this on ferrari or lambo chat, he might get a better response than a demographic who owns a low 30K sports car when compared to several 100K+ sports cars that are being discussed.

yeah thats trolling , get over it.
Old 07-12-2009, 12:37 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

lambos are nice, in the begining of the company lamborghini they didnt have the most powerful cars and would only draw attention to design. Ferrari on the other hand, has heritage way back dealing with racing and having the advantage in technology. i would have to choose a ferrari over a lambo anyday, but in the modern day both cars are pretty much equal in performace, but i would still rather take heritage, oo yeah and i love the style of ferraris ;p
Old 07-12-2009, 06:33 PM

This thread makes me
Old 07-12-2009, 07:18 PM

I think the OP comments were more accurate for Ferrari Vs. Lambo 5-10 years ago. I would personally prefer a LP560 over a F360/F430 or California. The F430 is far from being beautiful. The Gallardo on the other hand and clean slate styling that looks like a proper Lambo yet also looks very aggresive.

The Murci is in a whole different league. The Gallardo MIGHT be attainable to some of us but the Murci with a MSRP $380K is prolly never going to be "affordable". The Murci is ALL about presence and attention.

Finally - It doesn't matter which of these cars your friend buys. Most of the people who buy these cars drive then at 3/10th's and are looking for good Valet parking. Most likely, NONE of these cars will show up on the track!
Old 07-12-2009, 08:09 PM

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

Aren't Lamborghinis made for ploughing fields?

Old 07-13-2009, 01:05 AM

Received 25 Likes on 12 Posts

Get familiarized with the problems and maintenence expenses because both cars are very expensive to put miles on albeit the F430 now has a timing chain that dosnt need to be replaced by dropping the motor every 5-10k miles.

If you can afford the car and maintenence, drive them and pick what YOU want, not what other wankers think especially on a forum.

Having pulled the motor in an early model Murci for a new clutch, I was less than impressed. Beauty is only skin deep with terrible fit, finish, execution once you start removing interior panels. More shocking was the poor welds that skipped 2cm where there should have been a continuous weld on the cars tube-frame rear end. Inconsistent welds, flimsy transmission tunnel braces, and cut corners everywhere dosnt justify the price of the car. The Gallardo is supposeto be better built but it has known problems locking a front wheel at high speeds putting the car into an often fatal crash (not sure if its a drivetrain or wheelbearing issue but its common).

Do research rather than get subjective opinions from people who don't matter.
Old 07-13-2009, 06:05 AM

[QUOTE=Billj747,Jul 13 2009, 04:05 AM]Get familiarized with the problems and maintenence expenses because both cars are very expensive to put miles on albeit the F430 now has a timing chain that dosnt need to be replaced by dropping the motor every 5-10k miles.

If you can afford the car and maintenence, drive them and pick what YOU want, not what other wankers think especially on a forum.

Having pulled the motor in an early model Murci for a new clutch, I was less than impressed.
Old 07-13-2009, 06:46 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

^somebody with a bad taste in real sports cars:>
Old 07-13-2009, 06:56 AM

Originally Posted by Billj747,Jul 13 2009, 04:05 AM
Having pulled the motor in an early model Murci for a new clutch, I was less than impressed. Beauty is only skin deep with terrible fit, finish, execution once you start removing interior panels. More shocking was the poor welds that skipped 2cm where there should have been a continuous weld on the cars tube-frame rear end. Inconsistent welds, flimsy transmission tunnel braces, and cut corners everywhere dosnt justify the price of the car.
That's interesting: a good friend of mine has a car restoration company (OP, Florida) and as a peripheral business he does pre-purchase assessments for folks. He apparently had a few requests for Lambos come in through the years, and he said on several occasions the F&F/QA on them was worse than a "kit car". He said even things like mismatched fasteners. This was before the G or Murc were models, but it sounds like some of the same is still present.

More to the original question: certainly modern Lambos are high performance, but you never hear people use the same language as they do with, for example, Porsche, in terms of driving experience/feedback/feel. It seems like more the opposite.

I've driven a G e-Gear (so maybe the tranny contributed), but it did feel disconnected and kind of just OK (I've driven much faster cars so the performance wasn't a big deal). What you do get however, is a big psychological effect which I guess is part (most?) of the appeal. Since Lambo, at least in my mind, become THE "big spender" brand, it has curb appeal and cars like the Murc have massive onlooker impact if that's your thing (and if you're buying one it is, but that's cool too).
Old 07-13-2009, 07:12 AM

Indeed. Who wouldn't feel good getting out of a Murcielago at the club entrance on a Saturday night? Hm? That's what I thought.

Quick Reply: Lambos...all show?