Car and Bike Talk Discussions and comparisons of cars and motorcycles of all makes and models.

Lamborgini

Old 10-06-2006, 10:28 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Personally, I would rather have the Koenigsegg.

http://www.koenigsegg.com/
Old 10-06-2006, 10:42 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

versionJDM, have you seen the comparison of the 2 Lambo's vs Ferrari vs 911 turbo vs NSX-R? It's a BMI video that gives a good account of the Gallardo and how it stacks up against other high-end sports cars on the track.

Peep it if you haven't, it's a great vid!

Anyone else see the BMI video?
Old 10-06-2006, 10:45 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by versionJDM,Oct 6 2006, 01:23 PM
i can understand that, but this is also the same guys that bashes the C6 Z, even though it clocked the fastest time on there test track(in the wet, IIRC).

but thats HIS opinion, and this is mine, thats the bueaty of life, I DONT HAVE to like the lambo.
Yeah but how do you qualify your statement of calling it junk? Do you have intimate experience with the car? HAve you ever owned one?

Having an opinion is fine. At least let it be a qualified opinion though.

I can give two shits less if the C6 Z06 is faster around a course. There's much more to a car's' worthiness then track times.
Old 10-06-2006, 11:09 AM

Originally Posted by kadeshpa,Oct 6 2006, 01:45 PM
Yeah but how do you qualify your statement of calling it junk? Do you have intimate experience with the car? HAve you ever owned one?

Having an opinion is fine. At least let it be a qualified opinion though.

I can give two shits less if the C6 Z06 is faster around a course. There's much more to a car's' worthiness then track times.
No shit, I would give him the STi for the Lambo!! Definitely not junk! Beautiful car, I like the overall look better than the F430(not happy with any of the real new fcars..612 etc) Much more to it than speed, the exhaust note of that V10 is the sex.

Besides, the Lambo owner would probably tell you to go wash his Bentley for calling it junk...
Old 10-06-2006, 11:21 AM

having learned from the recent events surrounding Xviper, i am not going to turn this into a bash fest or anything like that. i have an opinion, i expressed it on a public forum and thats that.

call me "pwned" or whatever but i respectfully bow out of the discussion.
Old 10-06-2006, 11:39 AM

Originally Posted by versionJDM,Oct 6 2006, 12:46 PM
Well then, since some british moron is buying then that changes my whole opinion on it.

lambo has been known for years for building second rate cars for stupid prices. for 200k and is not faster than the cheaper F430/911T/Zo6, give me a break. no wonder someone traded it for a Sti.

i also have to apologize for once again having a personal opinion. i keep forgetting that i must always follow the norm and make sure i like exactly what the britsh Tv mag are pissing all over.

to the brillance of the "JDM fanboi" comment, yep because i like JDM stuff, so that means i HATE everything else. nice generalization.
who pays 200k for a gallardo?

they go for 130-140 (for an 04) all day on 6speed, autotrader, ebay, dealerships..etc....
Old 10-06-2006, 12:53 PM

Originally Posted by versionJDM,Oct 6 2006, 09:46 AM
Well then, since some british moron is buying then that changes my whole opinion on it.

lambo has been known for years for building second rate cars for stupid prices. for 200k and is not faster than the cheaper F430/911T/Zo6, give me a break. no wonder someone traded it for a Sti.

i also have to apologize for once again having a personal opinion. i keep forgetting that i must always follow the norm and make sure i like exactly what the britsh Tv mag are pissing all over.

to the brillance of the "JDM fanboi" comment, yep because i like JDM stuff, so that means i HATE everything else. nice generalization.
to start off...i am a ferrari guy. i've never liked the ridiculous styling of the lambos...excluding the miura. then along came the gallardo...i think it's awesome. i mean don't get me wrong i'd still take a 430 or 355 over it but it's a really nice looking car.
once you get into the 100+ class of cars, 1/4 mile times are irrelevant...the price of the car is all about supply and demand. gallardos don't sit on the showroom.

additionally, regardless of what you think about clarkson (personally i like him except for his american car hatred) he gets to drive a lot of nice cars so for me his opinion does count. i don't think lambo is giving him a free one because he's touting it.
Old 10-06-2006, 02:23 PM

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by PanteraKitty,Oct 6 2006, 02:28 PM
Personally, I would rather have the Koenigsegg.

http://www.koenigsegg.com/
Gallardo= $180k

Gooffy sports car with unspellable name: $350k+
Old 10-06-2006, 02:41 PM

i know this is pointless and i said i would shut up, but...
Click here to see Video
Old 10-06-2006, 03:00 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I too don't consider the Gallardo a real Lambo, just like ppl feel the Boxster is a poor man's Porsche

Murcielago on the other hand, oh GOD if money grew on trees...

Quick Reply: Lamborgini