Car and Bike Talk Discussions and comparisons of cars and motorcycles of all makes and models.

Lamborghini Gallardo

Old 03-05-2003, 06:29 AM

Received 234 Likes on 165 Posts

Quite the set of modded cars you have there, Jenner. Very nice!
Old 03-05-2003, 06:35 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I enjoy them

Not so much the S2000 right now because it is in winter storage.

The TT is my daily driver/winter car. But it is getting traded in this summer for a new A4(I need something with 4 doors!).
Old 03-05-2003, 06:49 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by JonBoy
[B]As an aside, alex, what engineering are you studying?
Old 03-05-2003, 07:02 AM

They own it:

"24th July 1998
Victorio Di Capua, President and CEO of Lamborghini was present in London for the signing of the contract of sale of 100% of Automobili Lamborghini S.p.A. from Malaysian holding company Mycom Setdco and the Indonesian company V'Power Corporation to Audi AG. Both he and the employees and the unions are apparently satisfied with the deal, especially considering the willingness of AUDI to preserve Lamborghini's specific national identity.

12th June 1998
The shareholders of Automobili Lamborghini SpA and AUDI AG signed a Letter of Intent to enter into negotiations for the acquisition of the Italian sports car company by AUDI AG. "

"In 1998 AUDI AG acquired the share capital of the sports car manufacturer Automobili Lamborghini S.p.A. Automobili Lamborghini Holding S.p.A. was founded. This company will also uphold the tradition and continue the success of the sports car manufacturer, which has been famous for many decades, in the future.

Automobili Lamborghini Holding S.p.A., which has existed since 1998, is divided into four divisions: Automobili Lamborghini S.p.A. still develops and builds the legendary sports cars with the bull emblem. Motori Marini Lamborghini S.p.A. produces high-performance engines for powerboats. Lamborghini ArtiMarca S.p.A. is responsible for merchandising. In September 2000, Autogerma S.p.A. was also fully integrated into the holding. This company functions as the general importer for the Audi, Seat, Skoda, Volkswagen and Volkswagen Commercial Vehicles brands in Italy. A symbiosis of tradition and efficiency
Old 03-05-2003, 07:14 AM

Nevermind then.
Old 03-05-2003, 08:56 AM

Received 234 Likes on 165 Posts

Originally posted by alexf20c

I'm taking aerospace right now, but am hoping to transfer to the automotive branch of mechanical next year. I'm currently a freshman so I'm supposed to graduate '06. Realistically, though, it'll probably take a good 5 or 6 years.
Excellent. I wish I could do aerospace - maybe in my masters - but I've worked in it for two years already and it's great. Looking into getting on with Pratt & Whitney when I graduate in April ('04, not this year). Automotive would be a dream come true - I may also try to hit up a racing team or a manufacturer for a job as well. Time will tell. Mechanical engineering will get me into either but I would like to specialize (though I hate being in school when I could be working)....

Either way, great career choice!

I actually have a shot at moving to Texas (Carrollton) with Halliburton in September (and then for good after I graduate). You might see my (future) S2000 pull up beside you yet!
Old 03-05-2003, 09:37 AM
Former Moderator

the ppl that are buying these cars are probably MORE likely to buy it b/c it has a name unpronounceable by most americans...that way they have another reason to look down on them
Old 03-05-2003, 11:09 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by JonBoy
[B]Excellent.
Old 03-05-2003, 12:38 PM

Personally I think it looks good. The Murcielago looks better but costs an extra 100 grand. As someone else said, the power to weight ratio on this thing is great. I'd drive it in a heartbeat. (If I had the money!!!)

Additionally, I don't see the Audi-ness of the car unless you're talking dimensions.
Old 03-05-2003, 03:32 PM

yes i know !!
thats why i said that!

Quick Reply: Lamborghini Gallardo