Car and Bike Talk Discussions and comparisons of cars and motorcycles of all makes and models.

???Keep it, sell it, or junk it??? Need advice for my 90 CRX Si!!!

Old 05-25-2004, 07:09 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default ???Keep it, sell it, or junk it??? Need advice for my 90 CRX Si!!!

First a little background...

My first car was a 1990 CRX Si (bought used in '94). I was thrilled with the car as was my brother who drove it next until he needed a bigger car at college. Since then the car has remained at my parents' house where my dad would frequently drive it on to work.

Unfortunately, it left my father stranded a couple weeks ago. Apparently, the timing belt has slipped a tooth, the distributor is gone, as is the starter (according to the Honda dealer back home in MD where the car still sits). In addition, we already know the car needs a couple new brake calipers, a new brake master cylinder, and a new drive shaft (the CV joint is noisy, the other side was recently replaced).

Otherwise, the engine has been strong and oil usage is minimal considering ~170k miles. The body is in reasonable shape despite a couple parking lot bumps (strong little car).

My brother and I intended on keeping it and fixing it up as a little auto-X car (for fun, not to pile a lot of money into it). Given the necessary repairs to get it road worthy again, I'm not sure either of us are willing to put the money into it. I personally am still temped to keep is as a toy to tinker with, but I'm not sure I have the place and I'd rather put the funds into an S.

So my question... Should I keep it (to tinker with), sell it, or just send it to the junk yard? The most probable options are to sell it or junk it. My personal feeling is while it does not currently run, there are definately people out there willing to purchase it at least for the frame a body (to race). What do you think we could get for it (at this point my father is just interested in making sure any additional towing fees won't be a loss)?

Any comments are welcome.
Old 05-25-2004, 07:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Do whatever but keep it away from these retards.

http://www.uvm.edu/~nogrizov/pics/vids/sfrcrxhigh.wmv
Old 05-25-2004, 07:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by aerohit
Do whatever but keep it away from these retards.

http://www.uvm.edu/~nogrizov/pics/vids/sfrcrxhigh.wmv
Just think, once Kerry gets elected, retards like this will have that much more welfare money to put toward these types of activities
Old 05-25-2004, 07:29 PM

that's totally uncalled for. those are great little cars.
Old 05-27-2004, 07:37 AM

bump

While jumping the car was kinda funny, I couldn't bear to watch them beat the car. Hey that car runs better than mine and I don't want to beat mine.

Please help... What do you think my chances are to find a buyer? I'd rather the car go to someone that's going to potentially race it (engine swap, suspension mods, stuff I'm not willing to do myself), rather than junk it. I'm not expecting a fortune for it, just what's fair for a solid chassis/body with an engine that runs strong with the appropriate amount of work. What do you think? Enough CRX lovers out there to put the effort into advertising and selling? Or should we just donate it and be done with it?