Car and Bike Talk Discussions and comparisons of cars and motorcycles of all makes and models.

Just bought the New civic

Old 11-16-2003, 04:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just bought the New civic

I just bought a 04 Honda Civic EX for my daily. I love the car soo much. It handles great and the new face lift as well as the bumper changes looks very very good. But today I was going from my house to a friend's house and detected a consistant thumping sound from my car. Like the sound your tires get when going over a road with little bumps. And I though perhaps it was the road but it makes that sound on every road I'm on. Just wondering if anyone has the same problem and how to fix it.

Tuner
Old 11-16-2003, 04:55 PM

Congratulation. The 04 Civic both sedan and coupe look way way better than 03 in my opinion. Yesterday I saw a gray coupe and the headlights are so sharp so agressive. Now it is the best looking compact car in this price range.

As far as the thumping sound, not sure. You sure the noise is not the normal suspension noise? Try to drive it on a new smooth asphalt road to see if the sound still there. If so, bring the car back to dealer to check.
Old 11-16-2003, 05:31 PM

Thank you. Tring to take the best care I can give it but since I bought it in white (white cars are sooo sexy I think) it gets dirty pretty frequently. Anyways

I tried going over new asphalts and what not and the thumps I get are dissappeared most of the time but everytime I step on the brakes the brake pedal pulses (consistant with the thumps). Itz too slow to be the ABS and it can't be the road since itz constant with perfect rythm. I tried hard to not press the brakes hard until I break the car in (1000 miles and currrently on my 741 miles). I don't think itz the suspension since going over bumps doesn't create any irregular sounds.

Tuner
Old 11-16-2003, 06:01 PM

That new face lift looks really great, reminds me of old accord. I saw one in the dealer with the modulo factory tuner package on it. I thought it looked nice. I also use a civic as a daily, winter car. It's a great car.

Does your car have a sunroof? Sometimes when only the sunroof is open an no other windows are open a weird helicopter like sound starts up that gets louder with speed.
Old 11-16-2003, 07:31 PM

coupe or sedan. if u have sedan. u wanna swap taillight n make 100 bucks?
Old 11-16-2003, 07:43 PM

Yea got the EX and came standard with a sunroof. Too cold now so I haven't used it yet.

Itz a coupe sorri. Didn't really like the sedan's tailights.

Tuner
Old 11-17-2003, 04:20 AM

if you just got it you should be asking the dealer about that noise instead of asking us

Congrats on the new ride though. Throw some pics up
Old 11-17-2003, 07:06 AM

I have a 02 civic LX coupe. I like it as well. I had a "thump" but it was more of a clicking or popping sound. It turned out the right front suspension assembly had to be replaced. I do like the car though, it's pretty quiet and smooth for a 14k car AND it gets over 400 miles to tank! But the engine performance is nearly pathetic.
Old 11-17-2003, 08:34 AM

yea...gonna try to get it in the dealership sometime this week.

Hahaha I agree but civics aren't really made with racing or performance in mind soo.. I just like the fact that I'm saving money on gas now.

Tuner
Old 11-17-2003, 10:05 AM

i agree. the new civics look great, esp the coupe.

keep it stock.

Quick Reply: Just bought the New civic