Car and Bike Talk Discussions and comparisons of cars and motorcycles of all makes and models.

Just bought me a new toy today! Omfg I love it!

Old 10-08-2011, 02:32 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Just bought me a new toy today! Omfg I love it!

Omfg! What a day!! Got my new car! Love it! And I also got a unbelievable freebie from the previous owner!! :chuckle:

Here are pic of my new ride at home in my garage. Will take some professional shots on a better day. (1990 Nissan Fairlady Z32 VGDETT auto w/ 43k original miles!!):

I apologies for the crappy paper tag. The guy who sold it to me did that.

Now here's the freebie. As we were about to leave the guy said hold on a second. He came out with this box. I was already happy with the car and condition and with the price I bought it for. What more can I get, right!?
Well... This made me almost piss in my pants!
He brings this out..

Pulls these out...

And tells me he bought these just incase if something happened to the oem turbos. But wanted me to have these as a token of being a good buyer and friend to him!

Yeah WTF?! Did I just die and gone to haven. Then I drove straight from Atlanta directly to our biggest car show of the year in Warner Robins. I really didn't think anyone would even notice what my car really is... I was wrong! There were so many people couldn't believe I bought it, blah, blah, blah! It was a fun and one of the best days of my life I must say! I think I have a keeper! Shes not perfect, but with a little tlc she will look great!
So I am going to end up selling the turbos and the wheels. I really don't like the rims. Already have an extra set that needs tires. But figure with the money I can make from the turbo and wheels. I can upgrade to a better intercooler and bovs, and a boost controller. Any recommendations would be nice guys! I really want to keep this car looking stock. Cause it's a jewel already as is. Interior almost flawless. No rips or tares.. Just a good looking 20 yr old car. As you can tell I am happy as hell and wanted to share this with you all!
Old 10-08-2011, 03:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wow congrats man! That is one nice lookin fairlady! Im jealous...
Old 10-08-2011, 03:44 PM

Have you registered it yet? If so have you ran into any issues as it is a jdm/rhd vehicle? Other than that that's one of the cleanest 300zs I've seen.
Old 10-08-2011, 04:05 PM

Wow. Nice!!!

Used to love the 3z tt.
It was almost my first car.
I still wouldn't mind getting one of those.

Nice pick up
Old 10-08-2011, 04:13 PM

I think you should keep it stock or replace what you don't like with JDM versions of it.

You have something that is mint, lived in a very rust free area, and would be cherished just whole heartily just like the original owner.

It's not my car and might not be your intentions but either way great find!
Old 10-08-2011, 06:25 PM

Originally Posted by scblackap1
Have you registered it yet? If so have you ran into any issues as it is a jdm/rhd vehicle? Other than that that's one of the cleanest 300zs I've seen.
There isn't going to be an issue with registering it. The guy I bought it from had already titled it for Georgia and has State Farm for insurance, which is what I also have for insssurance. So it's all good! It doe have the 10 digit vin.
Old 10-09-2011, 09:17 AM

Received 28 Likes on 24 Posts

that car is gorgeous! If it were me Id just clean it up and leave it 100% stock! But congrats on the very nice pick up!
Old 10-09-2011, 09:46 AM

Upgrade to '99 front bumper, headlights, tail-lights, spoiler and a decent drop + wheels = keeper for life.
Old 10-09-2011, 10:05 AM

Thanks for the advice bro! Sounds like a good idea. Definately lowered and nicer rims is on the list. Got my harness fir my turbo timer ordered. So want to shut it down properly. Since I got a free HKS type-1 turbo timer. I figure I would put it to use.
Old 10-09-2011, 12:34 PM

The car is HICAS equipped which is basically rear wheel steering... I changed an engine on one of these things in 9th grade, worst working on a car experience I've ever had.

Quick Reply: Just bought me a new toy today! Omfg I love it!