Car and Bike Talk Discussions and comparisons of cars and motorcycles of all makes and models.

Jeremy Clarkson reviews the Hyundai Veloster

Old 03-26-2012, 02:19 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JonBoy
Funny thing is, I do a lot of research about cars so as to keep myself educated on what is out there and what is coming up.

http://www.autoblog.com/2012/01/09/2...-detroit-2012/
Jon Sway bars and steering ratio have been change

http://www.hyundaiusa.com/vehicles/f...features3.aspx

I mostly agree with Jeremy. The veloster is an economy car with a sporty suit. Just like the CR-Z. But remebers that Jeremy thinks that Jaguars are good cars and Land Rovers are the best SUV. We know that both of them are good when new. Two years laters jaguars and land rovers doesn't worth half price and nobody want them
Old 03-26-2012, 02:36 PM

Received 234 Likes on 165 Posts

Originally Posted by thielepr
Originally Posted by JonBoy' timestamp='1332775536' post='21544389

Funny thing is, I do a lot of research about cars so as to keep myself educated on what is out there and what is coming up.

http://www.autoblog.com/2012/01/09/2...-detroit-2012/
Jon Sway bars and steering ratio have been change

http://www.hyundaiusa.com/vehicles/f...features3.aspx

I mostly agree with Jeremy. The veloster is an economy car with a sporty suit. Just like the CR-Z. But remebers that Jeremy thinks that Jaguars are good cars and Land Rovers are the best SUV. We know that both of them are good when new. Two years laters jaguars and land rovers doesn't worth half price and nobody want them
If you read my comment, it already said that they changed the steering ratio (quicker steering rack).

The link you posted doesn't say largER sway bars (indicating any sort of a change). It just says "large" sway bars. That could mean anything or nothing as compared to the base model.
Old 03-26-2012, 04:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Clarkson is a bloated a-hole.
Old 03-26-2012, 04:46 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I test drove one of these and thought it was terrible, it was gutless and the clutch didn't have any feel. The clutch felt as though it was just on a spring without any feel of it grabbing. Overall had higher expectations of the car and thought it was a let down.
Old 03-26-2012, 04:50 PM
Site Moderator
Super Moderator

Received 356 Likes on 309 Posts

I do like what Hyundai is trying to do and I do like the look of alot of their cars the veloster is not one of them though. Its just kinda ackward to look at. As for the suspension sure you can upgrade it but the entire point of a hot hatchback is its supposed to feel like a go kart and with crap handling it fails.

The best thing hyundai can do for itself is put a racing team together and build their own cars. I think that is the missing like. Like Clarkson says they have spent all these years building a reliable car with a good warranty and not building a fast car that can win a race. The Gen coupe is so close but it just doesn't quite cut it. I think some of the old race on sunday buy on monday thinking could really help them evolve the missing piece of their cars.
Old 03-26-2012, 07:14 PM
A 2
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Received 167 Likes on 152 Posts

Originally Posted by Manga_Spawn
The best thing hyundai can do for itself is put a racing team together and build their own cars. I think that is the missing like. Like Clarkson says they have spent all these years building a reliable car with a good warranty and not building a fast car that can win a race. The Gen coupe is so close but it just doesn't quite cut it. I think some of the old race on sunday buy on monday thinking could really help them evolve the missing piece of their cars.
KIA motors is doing exactly that. They have the Forte KOUP in the Grand-Am Continental Tire Series (won the championship last year in only their second year), the Optima is being campaigned in the SCCA World Challenge and they are also making a B-Spec version of the KIA Rio. Hyundai on the other hand makes slick videos with Rhys Millen driving their car on a golf course.
Old 03-27-2012, 06:47 AM
Member (Premium)

Received 438 Likes on 308 Posts

Originally Posted by Triple-H
In the case of the Veloster, I hold Jeremy's opinion just as high as I do JonBoy's

Triple, I like your opinions, but I also like JonBoy's too. And Clarkson's.