Car and Bike Talk Discussions and comparisons of cars and motorcycles of all makes and models.

Jeep SRT8 cherokee? 0-60 <5 seconds!

Old 04-04-2005, 12:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Reminds me of when I had my '93 GMC Typhoon. Fast as hell, but couldn't corner or brake any better then a regular Jimmy.
Old 04-04-2005, 12:41 PM

Originally Posted by Slithr,Apr 4 2005, 01:02 PM

Huh?

I thought you would have learned by now that trucks don't endanger the public, people endanger the public.

Happs22 - just because an SUV doesn't make sense for you doesn't mean it doesn't make sense for others. Don't project your needs/desires on me, I have enough trouble.
Didn't realize I was causing you any trouble. Feel free to buy whatever you like, SUV or otherwise.
Old 04-04-2005, 03:25 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Slithr,Apr 4 2005, 10:02 AM
I thought you would have learned by now that trucks don't endanger the public, people endanger the public.
Of course it's all caused by humans because materials don't harm by themselves. But if you put a gun into a child's hand, he's likely going to harm someone else, or himself. If you put a fast, big truck into a hot-blooded man's hands, he's going to endanger the public. Let's face it, people's attitudes change with different cars. Some people would drive slowly and responsibly when in slow cars, yet tend to be fast and reckless in fast cars. I've dealt with so many people like that already, so I know. Heck, even with myself, when I'm in a slow, boring car, I tend to drive like a grandpa. But when I'm in a fast and sporty car, there's an urge inside that just wants to push it. It's the same for most of us.
Old 04-04-2005, 06:01 PM

Originally Posted by brockLT1,Apr 3 2005, 11:12 AM
I cant wait to buy one and smoke you.
I can't wait for you to waste your money on a top-heavy fast truck, "smoke" me, and me not give a shit. Frankly I have more important things to worry about than losing some half-assed stoplight drag

This Jeep is even more assanine when you consider what brand it comes from, and what they made their name on. Speed wasn't it.
Old 04-04-2005, 06:11 PM

not everyone cares about the price of gas, try to remember that
Old 04-05-2005, 04:43 AM

Received 39 Likes on 16 Posts

Wow... what a bunch of pissed off people. I think it is neat that they are making these goofy fast trucks.

The ML55 has been out for years and you guys haven't bitched about those. Typhoon's are pretty neat (at least I think they are neat).

Knowing that these "suv's" will beat a 1966 GTO at just about everything is funny as hell.

My Wife's MDX gets 11-12 mpg the way she drives it from the house to the store, to the school to the house to the bank. If a 400hp jeep gets 10mpg instead of 11 who the hell cares. The MDX does get about 20mpg at 78mph on the highway..... which is probably not that much better than the 400hp jeep.
Old 04-05-2005, 07:08 AM

Originally Posted by Scot,Apr 5 2005, 04:43 AM
Wow... what a bunch of pissed off people. I think it is neat that they are making these goofy fast trucks.

The ML55 has been out for years and you guys haven't bitched about those. Typhoon's are pretty neat (at least I think they are neat).

Knowing that these "suv's" will beat a 1966 GTO at just about everything is funny as hell.

My Wife's MDX gets 11-12 mpg the way she drives it from the house to the store, to the school to the house to the bank. If a 400hp jeep gets 10mpg instead of 11 who the hell cares. The MDX does get about 20mpg at 78mph on the highway..... which is probably not that much better than the 400hp jeep.
grrrr!

give the GTO some 105 octane, screw with the timing, and give it a nice pair of stick/wide tires.....and then we'll see what happens.

but i see your point
Old 04-05-2005, 08:26 AM

I don't understand the attitude.

If you don't like it, don't buy it. It's as simple as that. There are many hideous things on the road right now that I would never consider buying. They don't bother me.

If it gets 5 miles per gallon and the gas is $4 a gallon, I don't see how that affects you. You don't own it, so you're not paying for the gas.

The only semi-valid argument against it is that it might be dangerous. Yeah, I kind of agree, a 5000 pound truck that's fast as hell could be dangerous in the wrong hands. A lead-footed soccer mom with a coffee in one hand and a cell phone in the other could do a LOT of damage with that thing.
Old 04-05-2005, 09:51 AM

My attitude had nothing to do with the truck necessarily, other than that I think it's lame and predictable, and I'll never buy it.

My second reply had to do with someone else's chide, to which I chided back.

As far as modern fast trucks beating a 1966 GTO...uh, I'd freakin hope they would, with 40 years of technological advances. But remember that the 1966 GTO wasn't intended as an end-all be-all track star. I like GTOs like anyone else, but other cars were better suited to that then, and would be more appropriate for comparison, even given their age.
Old 04-05-2005, 10:07 AM

whats the mpg?

Quick Reply: Jeep SRT8 cherokee? 0-60 <5 seconds!