Car and Bike Talk Discussions and comparisons of cars and motorcycles of all makes and models.

It's getting closer

Old 06-20-2009, 07:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Better start saving for this
Old 06-20-2009, 08:19 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I was going to comment on the location of the paddles too. We just bought a Fit, and I don't like the paddles following the wheel. For F1 I'm sure it's great, but their wheels don't turn as much as a production car.
Old 06-20-2009, 11:15 PM

Originally Posted by Incubus,Jun 20 2009, 08:19 PM
I was going to comment on the location of the paddles too. We just bought a Fit, and I don't like the paddles following the wheel. For F1 I'm sure it's great, but their wheels don't turn as much as a production car.
AHHAHA! I've used the paddles in my Fit for like 2 shifts in the past year and never since (thinking.. what the hell does this thing have paddles for)!
Old 06-21-2009, 06:22 AM

Originally Posted by Yellow_S,Jun 20 2009, 07:15 PM
Whatever they do, they HAVE to retain this interior (can't tell if the interior above looks like this):

How long do you think it will be before all that white gets stained and dirty?
Old 06-21-2009, 06:31 AM

I'm hoping that they use that car as the flagship for all their designs. Then toyotas would all look alot better than they do now.

Although none can get worse than poopy Acura... POOPY ACURA
Old 06-21-2009, 08:34 AM

This will be good car, but price is ridiculous. For the price rumored (high 200s) I want more exciting exterior styling instead of glorified supra! Excelelnt interior is not enough
Also for that price you can now find USED Carerra GT or Scuderia.

Which would you pick? This car or a carrera gt/scuderia or new Ferrari F450? I would pick USED carrera gt or scuderia instead of this car if I spend above 250K

I just saw Carrera GT for 260K on ebay. It has higher than normal miles but still it carerra GT!

I understand Toyota want to make Halo car, but dumping out of the blue a high priced high performace Lexus on market is wrong way to go especially in this economy.

I think it be better to build up to a Halo car. Maybe make say 100-150K car available in greater numbers worldwide and build up reputation as great sport car manufacturer then say 5-6 year down the line come out with amazing Halo car that is priced so high.
Old 06-21-2009, 08:41 AM

Originally Posted by JohnnyChang,Jun 21 2009, 10:34 AM
This will be good car, but price is ridiculous. For the price rumored (high 200s) I want more exciting exterior styling instead of glorified supra! Excelelnt interior is not enough

Which would you pick? This car or a carrera gt/scuderia or new Ferrari F450? I would pick USED carrera gt or scuderia instead of this car if I spend above 250K

I just saw Carrera GT for 260K on ebay. It has higher than normal miles but still it carerra GT!

I understand Toyota want to make Halo car, but dumping out of the blue a high priced high performace Lexus on market is wrong way to go especially in this economy.

I think it be better to build up to a Halo car. Maybe make say 100-150K car available in greater numbers worldwide and build up reputation as great sport car manufacturer then say 5-6 year down the line come out with amazing Halo car that is priced so high.
LOL, like you're going to trade your Fit in on a Scuderia or a Carrera GT!
Old 06-21-2009, 08:42 AM

Originally Posted by JohnnyChang,Jun 21 2009, 08:34 AM

I don't think you get that class of car. Many people would prefer to have an S2000, M3, Sti, hummer, 28 foot boat, jet sky and a quad for that price.

Much like the outrageous price of the cars you listed, people have the money at that price point that it doest even matter and the Toyota will sell its numbers.

Also, I'm betting the difference will be like the NSX factor. A Ferrari needs a mechanic full time to own. Ill bet the Toyota lasts 200K miles.
Old 06-21-2009, 09:05 AM

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Yellow_S,Jun 20 2009, 08:15 PM
Whatever they do, they HAVE to retain this interior (can't tell if the interior above looks like this):

A lot of nice bits, but what's the purpose of that large flat leather shelf-like thing running the width of the interior below the dash? Not criticizing it, just confused.
Old 06-21-2009, 10:08 AM

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by y2ks2k,Jun 21 2009, 08:42 AM
I don't think you get that class of car. Many people would prefer to have an S2000, M3, Sti, hummer, 28 foot boat, jet sky and a quad for that price.

Much like the outrageous price of the cars you listed, people have the money at that price point that it doest even matter and the Toyota will sell its numbers.

Also, I'm betting the difference will be like the NSX factor. A Ferrari needs a mechanic full time to own. Ill bet the Toyota lasts 200K miles.

toyota will meet its build status in the state of california alone for that car. every 7 figure big wig will want to drive that car and be able to bring it to their local lexus dealer for service. plus, it will be the "new it car" and "it" will stand out more with the seas of ferrari, lambos and bentley continentals in socal.

that car will not so much be a halo car for toyota but lexus the brand. that car will distance the brand further from acura, infiniti and put the lexus brand image wise closer to mercedes and the other top tier luxury brands. eventhough lexus outsold mercedes people still referred to the brand as a tarted up toyota and will never have the status of a mercedes, and for those that bring up bmw, bmw status has risen up the past two decades whereas mercedes has had it for nearly a century.

Quick Reply: It's getting closer