Car and Bike Talk Discussions and comparisons of cars and motorcycles of all makes and models.

Italian Polizia Lambo is dead

Old 12-01-2009, 02:08 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by wraith5,Nov 30 2009, 09:50 PM
And my point was... brilliant generalization just to make a smartass comment. The comment also implies the police was at fault, and well, reading comprehension says it wasn't.
"The two officers were returning from a convention in Cremona, where they had been addressed a student audience on road safety."

So-called "reading comprehension" and the interpretation of images tells me the police *were* at fault in this case. They were clearly going way too fast for conditions if the other motorists on the road were not expecting them to be travelling so fast. They were going fast enough to pile cars on their roof on a road where a driver could pull out of a gas station into their path. I don't think it's out of line to say their speed was obviously too high for the current conditions.

The driver pulling out may very well have seen them and simply not realized they were moving so quick.

There is a reason there are speed limits, and a reason those limits vary by road. You might be able to handle the speed, but you cannot predict what other drivers are going to do. A person needs to drive at a speed where not only they, but *other drivers* can react in time to avoid an accident. These cops were not delivering organs or performing a function that required high speed. They caused an accident that wouldn't happen if they had been travelling at a speed suitable for the road and conditions.
Old 12-01-2009, 05:18 AM

Received 234 Likes on 165 Posts

Sorry, I have to agree with NuncoStr8 here. Chances are they were driving too fast for conditions and were not in an emergency situation. You don't put a car on your roof by driving at highway speeds, especially when you have the handling and brakes of a Lamborghini to get you slowed down and you STILL manage to flip the car on top of you.
Old 12-01-2009, 05:31 AM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by NuncoStr8,Dec 1 2009, 03:08 AM
"The two officers were returning from a convention in Cremona, where they had been addressed a student audience on road safety."

So-called "reading comprehension" and the interpretation of images tells me the police *were* at fault in this case. They were clearly going way too fast for conditions if the other motorists on the road were not expecting them to be travelling so fast. They were going fast enough to pile cars on their roof on a road where a driver could pull out of a gas station into their path. I don't think it's out of line to say their speed was obviously too high for the current conditions.

The driver pulling out may very well have seen them and simply not realized they were moving so quick.

There is a reason there are speed limits, and a reason those limits vary by road. You might be able to handle the speed, but you cannot predict what other drivers are going to do. A person needs to drive at a speed where not only they, but *other drivers* can react in time to avoid an accident. These cops were not delivering organs or performing a function that required high speed. They caused an accident that wouldn't happen if they had been travelling at a speed suitable for the road and conditions.
good writing..
but have u seen it happen in person?
if no , it's only talks ..

ain't count...

gorverment > person..

so let's see if the driver got enough witness who can stands out..
Old 12-01-2009, 05:31 AM

Exactly, looking at the damage its hard to imagine excessive speed wasn't a factor.
Old 12-01-2009, 05:46 AM

Received 215 Likes on 148 Posts

I guess everybody should just sell their S2000s and drive Crown Vics - heaven forbid we drive anything else in the event of a crash. I've seen multiple crashes with Ferraris and Lambos where they go under taller cars, and no one here has any clue what the speed limit on the road was - its not improbable that the Lambo was going 40 mph and slammed on the brakes, basically making a ramp of itself. If you look at he Fiat on the Lambo, the only damage is the missing exhaust - the bumper isn't even crumpled.
Old 12-01-2009, 06:44 AM

Received 234 Likes on 165 Posts

You can't even see the side of the Fiat. How do you know only the exhaust is damaged?
Old 12-01-2009, 07:28 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Damn that sucks.

I can't imagine that sort of accident happens often and to think it happened with 1 of 2 Lambo cop cars is statistically amazing! (unfortunately)

I wonder if they'll put that powertrain in a sleeper cop car.
Old 12-01-2009, 08:45 AM
Banned

Received 44 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by Saki GT,Dec 1 2009, 09:46 AM
I guess everybody should just sell their S2000s and drive Crown Vics - heaven forbid we drive anything else in the event of a crash. I've seen multiple crashes with Ferraris and Lambos where they go under taller cars, and no one here has any clue what the speed limit on the road was - its not improbable that the Lambo was going 40 mph and slammed on the brakes, basically making a ramp of itself. If you look at he Fiat on the Lambo, the only damage is the missing exhaust - the bumper isn't even crumpled.
Old 12-01-2009, 09:53 AM

Received 215 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by JonBoy,Dec 1 2009, 11:44 AM
You can't even see the side of the Fiat. How do you know only the exhaust is damaged?
That black thing on top of the Lamborghini is the Fiat, or some other small car, that the Lambo hit.
Old 12-01-2009, 10:33 AM

I can't stand how people put the blame on the police for traveling too fast. they had the right of way, and regardless if they were speeding or not, the oweness is on the driver entering their path to ensure it is safe to do so, not on the police to "assume" what all other cars are going to do. This is a common issue and seemingly always the blame is pushed off the idiot that only took a glance and pulled out. if the other person really took the time to look hard at oncoming traffic they would have been a better judge of the speed the lambo was traveling and either A) not pulled out, or B) stepped on the damn gas to avoid the car coming at them with the right way of traffic.

That being said, check this out:
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q58qdx9CzWA [/media]

cop was going 94 in a 45 zone, not responding to a call, and killed two teenagers

Quick Reply: Italian Polizia Lambo is dead