Car and Bike Talk Discussions and comparisons of cars and motorcycles of all makes and models.

Interesting trip to the Nissan dealership...

Old 09-10-2002, 04:02 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So, when does the 350Z convertible come out?

Without the droptop, the 350Z is just a "stroked" Eclipse, IMO.

The mere fact that it's a convertible with a chassis as stiff as a hardtop makes it for me.
Old 09-10-2002, 04:59 AM

I don't see how anyone could say that the 350z has more "BANG" than the s2000.

1. Acceleration times are near equal (350z have been tested weighing in as much as 3300 pounds, which is over 500 pounds heavier than my car! ).

2. Stock for stock, the s2000's no compromising tires are night and day better than the z's stock rubber.

3. The z does not have the Athletic nature of the s2000 (quick steering, light weight).

4. The Z understeers, the s over steers. Understeering may be safe on the backroads but it is a pain on the autocross course and not nearly as much fun everywhere else.

5. All models tested in magazines have been "TRACK" models equipped with brembo brakes. And every time the track edition's braking distances have been significantly longer than the s2000's. I couldn't imagine how poorly the non brembo models brake.

6. Open top goes to the s2000.
Old 09-11-2002, 04:28 PM

Silverfog is stuck on torque and straight line acceleration for his definition of bang. Maybe you should get a mustang GT or something. Bang means different things to differnt people, for me it's necessary to have a car that will carve up the auto-x events. The 350Z simply cannot hang here with the S2k....period. So how is there more bang for buck? Let me also bring something up. The S2k has a curbweight of 2,800 lbs the 350Z TRACK model weighs in at 3,225. That is a difference of 425lbs(remember addition and subtraction?) NOT 250lbs. I have no idea why you were so optimistic about that weight number, but weight really IS the worst enemy of a race car on a race track, and no matter how much "torque" you want it's not gonna change the cars ability to transition through sharp turns or be as balanced. Simply put: the Z was made more of a touring car with luxury anemities(like I said in first post) that give it the touring *bang* while the S2000 was made to give you purely and solely the racing *bang*.
Old 09-12-2002, 06:32 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just Wana post a reply about my dealer experiences so far. In '99 I wanted A GTI VR6 and I had such hard time with Miami dealers cause car was discontinued with that engine in Europe and in US wasn't popular at all, so they were kind of rare. Every dealer asked 3-5000 over MSRP so I went online and found a dealer(miles from civilization and actually get good deal), well I have to mention that I paid cash for it. Still I had to wait for the car two months and take over of the car was a painful 5 hours process.
Then it was time to buy a car for my wife. As any other women she can't decide for nothing, every car is missing something(even door handles are problem on some). We went to Audi cause she liked TT but after 41/2 hours of arguing was enough for me and I took my wife home. Guy did not want to sell me a car, he was pushing me into a lease and eventually he pushed me out.
So, few days later we went to Honda dealer to check S2000, it was early in the morning there was nobody except for sales people and it took them 15-20 min. to approach us. From there everything went find, my wife liked the car, car was there ready to go no waiting needed and the price was clearly marked on the car, and we all agreed on to it. Anyway, me and my wife went to work and I was to come back at 6PM to do the paperwork. While in the middle of the process I notice that numbers don't match from earlier in the morning, guy started with "well... you know", Ialmost hit him and ran out.
Finally she bought used Beetle, but soon she got bored with it and we were car shopping again. These time she spotted new MB Sport Coupe 230K on the street so we went to check it out. Trust when you pull on the MB parking lot with VW Beetle you get a lot "attention", most of the car's wheels over there cost more then Beetle. We got inside and right away and my god did they make me feel like million bucks. The hostess took us in the sales person office, which was by the way worth like my whole house, they asked us ten times if we wana drink something etc. Well we came to check the cheapest MB they ever had and let me tell you the guy newer downgraded me in any way. He was all over brochures and options. He pushed my wife into a test drive which she didn't want to cause she loved that car so much from the first time she saw it. Only thing my wife couldn't decide were the options cause they are kind of expensive, so sales man gave us the brochure with options and prices and told to take our time and give him a call when ever and what ever we decide. Few days later I told him that she want to add leather and sunroof only, which was about $2300, so he told about some package that include those two plus Bose sound and rain sensor for $200 more and he got us MB Tele Aid($670) for free. We gave $500 deposit and order was placed. They said it will take about 3 months, week before delivery I was called in to discuss my trade in cause I could not sell my Beetle myself. They offered $2000 under what I set my mind on. After I told that to a sales guy he went to another manager and came back with no problem. I spend total of 15 min. that day at dealer. Few days later car came in, they placed it inside of the showroom and had it polished like nothing I ever saw in my life. They took us to fin. manager. who had every financing option on the paper ready. 3, 4 or 5 years with or with out ext. warranty, with lojack name the combo and he had it with the monthly payment at the and. No pushing just make your choice, after three signatures and 5 min. in the office sales guy took us to our car and did not stop until every little feature in the car wasn't clear to my wife. After that he gave us his home phone number cause his job is to make sure that we enjoy that car as long as we own it, so he will be available for us anytime. Two weeks later we received cherry wood CD box with MB logo and my wife's name engraved in it together with beautiful key chain, and I bought a car for less then $30000!!

Ranko
Old 09-12-2002, 11:07 PM

WOW! Awesome dealership experiance! Now that I think about it I kinda want a C32 AMG!