Car and Bike Talk Discussions and comparisons of cars and motorcycles of all makes and models.

Interesting trip to the Nissan dealership...

Old 09-03-2002, 08:17 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I agree with Russ.

Most salespeople (sales consultants) are brainwashed with propaganda on how there product is better, but what are the manufactures going to do. Tell them how there product sucks next to the competition. I work at a Honda Dealer, there are always going to be good salespeople, and bad salespeople.
You have to understand, where I am you had to purchase an S-2000 before you could drive it. Some times the only thing a sales consultant has to sell a car is just articles given to them from the dealer. I feel bad for Nissan, one of the first views of a new platform was bad, do to the fact of poor service.
Old 09-04-2002, 09:21 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by wc_one
[B]

I agree.
Old 09-04-2002, 01:16 PM

The sales people (I use the term lightly) were not very professional in their approach, nor were they knowledgeable of the competitive product. I believe that some people lost sight of the fact that these are really 2 different types of vehicles. One being a 2 seat convertible and the other a 4 seat (though I am sure the back seats are small) hatch back. In most cases someone that wants a 2 seat convertible such as the S2000 may want to look and admire the 350Z, but probably would not want one and vise versa. Just my thoughts on the matter.
Old 09-04-2002, 04:24 PM

The 350Z starts out with a bit more bang, for about the same buck as the S2000.
More bang??? Definitely not. More luxury anemities? yes. which makes for more weight? yes....two different cars with two different purposes. The S2000 is a LIMITED production HAND ASSEMBLED pure sports car. The Z is meant to be more universal and appeal to old, young, skinny, fat, tall, short all in one. You can turbo the shit out of any car and increase horsepower, but remember that WEIGHT is the worst enemy of any race car. Lets see the Z get under 3,000 lbs....lets see the Z convertible even come close to that! That would take alot of weight shaving that probably wouldn't even be plausible. The Z is meant to appeal to the 40 year old lawyer, as well as the 23 yr old graduate. The S is meant to appeal to people that don't care about anemities, and only care about simple, pure, and unparalleled driving fun. NOT head room, NOT trunk space, NOT windows that roll down a little bit when you open the door! That's why it was originally designed as a roadster isn't it?
Old 09-04-2002, 04:48 PM

xpander4 said it perfectly. Not much else yo say about it.
Old 09-06-2002, 08:12 PM
Banned

great story
Old 09-07-2002, 02:58 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by xpander4
[B]More bang??? Definitely not.
Old 09-09-2002, 04:35 PM

Blahh,blahh,blahh,more torque,blahh,blahh,blahh,heavier,blaa,b,blahh better bang for the buck.

Simply put, the 350z is a beautiful car, but it was designed to have some of the s2000's qualities. The cars are very similarly matched, they each have strengths and weakness.

S2000's rule

If not, "I crush your head"

By the way Honda is not very big on torque, but it is just as quick if not quicker with a 2.0 liter 4. I would hope the 350z has more torque.
nuff said
Old 09-09-2002, 08:04 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by PURIST114
[B]Blahh,blahh,blahh,more torque,blahh,blahh,blahh,heavier,blaa,b,blahh better bang for the buck.
Old 09-09-2002, 09:41 PM

I actually havn't had the opportunity to drive the 350Z yet, but I doubt it gives the same "feel" as the S2000 does, which might in part be due to the almost 400 pound weight difference. (2809 to almost 3200). That being said, I definitely think the S2000 has just as much bang as the 350Z, or really close to it. The S might lose by a smidge down the strip, but throw some cones down the middle and I think the S just might embarrass the Z. As far as braking goes, seems fairly close as are lateral g's. Either way, I really dont see what the big deal is, both cars are fantastic considering the 30k price tag and definitely offer fantastic "bang for you buck" Now lets cool off and enjoy our new company (350Z)
Johnny

Quick Reply: Interesting trip to the Nissan dealership...