Car and Bike Talk Discussions and comparisons of cars and motorcycles of all makes and models.

Information about Police "warnings"

Old 08-17-2004, 07:37 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by suvh8r,Aug 16 2004, 07:26 AM
Just keep the plate under your seat. When the cop pulss out to pull you over, chuck it up and on top the of dash board.
I believe most states that required front plates do not allow the plate to be mounted on the dash or in the windshield.

A coworker of mine keeps his plate in his front windshield and he recieved a ticket for no front plate because it is not "prominently displayed." The cop told him the plate must be on the front bumper.
Old 08-17-2004, 08:34 AM

I'd take my chances if I lived in one of those states. Front plates ruin most cars, but for the S and similar sports cars, it's even worse. Like driving with a big damn billboard on the front.
Old 08-17-2004, 08:35 AM

I'd take my chances if I lived in one of those states. Front plates ruin most cars, but for the S and similar sports cars, it's even worse. Like driving with a big damn billboard on the front.
Old 08-17-2004, 08:59 AM

Originally Posted by RACER,Aug 17 2004, 03:19 AM
Stuff like misdemenors or felonies will show up on a police officers computer
Don't ask how I know about this stuff

Old 08-17-2004, 06:08 PM

I guess that I would be in the minority then, of people who have their front plate...though every day on my drive between Illinois and Wisconsin, I typically see no less than 2 people pulled over, and I get "paced", and visually checked/nodded to just about every day by the police, so I don't take that chance! I'd rather they pulled over some more of those crazies that you see tailgating or weaving in and out of traffic to pass on the right side Most of you seem a lot luckier, and I say more power to ya, I wish the laws were different for us all. As for the wild driving...I'll save mine for autocross or track or somthing "safe"

-Justin
Old 08-17-2004, 08:22 PM

is it legal to perhaps get a motorcyle license plate and put that in the front of the s2000? and for those that need a front plate i thnk ricks license plate hold thing helps the car keep an aggresive look and possiblity adds functionality, look into it

is it legal to use a motorcycle plate or a smaller size plate and put that say in the grill to one side? less conspicuous and there and readable?
Old 08-18-2004, 12:07 AM

you first
Old 08-18-2004, 02:01 PM

I have yet to be pulled over in CA for not having a front license plate. (knocking on some wood here) However, I do not have CA plates, and the state which issues my registration does not require or even give a front license plate for me to put on my car, so i have a damn good excuse if I ever get pulled over..
Old 08-18-2004, 10:16 PM

i have never pulled over for front license plate or ticketed for it
but my friend always gets pulled over for that reason and funny thing is
we know this cop down the street that has S2000
he is really cool
he dont even put the license plate on his S
so whenever my friend gets tickets this cops signs it off for us !!!
Old 08-19-2004, 06:35 AM

Front plates have always been a curiosity to me. Perhaps someone in law enforcement can explain the necessity? Obviously some states don't see a necessity. It saves the state production money and saves the police from having to enforce it (although it denies them the potential revenue). Also, how many people back away from a bank robbery so someone can get their front plate number?! Seems kind of archaic.

Quick Reply: Information about Police "warnings"