Car and Bike Talk Discussions and comparisons of cars and motorcycles of all makes and models.

Information about Police "warnings"

Old 08-16-2004, 12:24 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Information about Police "warnings"

i got pulled over by a cop for not having a lisense plate
i told him it did not come with a license plate and i did not know we had to have one.

he let me go without a ticket.

so does he like put a flag into the system to show i got pulled over for a license plate? meaning if i did not put on license plate, and i said the same thing would it show in his laptop / record thing that i was "warned" or pulled over onces for this even thought i did not recieve i ticket?

what i am asking is if they pull me over but do not ticket me does something get recorded so if i am pulled over again will the police know i was already "warned" or pulled over before?
Old 08-16-2004, 06:20 AM

if you get pulled over and get a warning, it dosent get recorded..the other day, a police officer let me go after pulling me over doing 88 in a 55...he gave me a warning for that and instead said although i was wearing my seatbelt, he would write me a ticket for that where there are no points and only a 40 dollar fine. im not sure even that gets recorded..
Old 08-16-2004, 06:50 AM

Received 39 Likes on 16 Posts

possibly recorded if you got a paper copy warning..... I recently got one for "unsafe lane changes".... cop was just mad that I passed him while still driving under the speedlimit....

I would imagine though since mine was written that the next cop could see it (not that i will ever get pulled over again).
Old 08-16-2004, 07:23 AM

I highly doubt it. I've gotten a total of 4 no-plate tickets in the last 3 years. I just pay the $10 and take it back off.
Old 08-16-2004, 07:26 AM

Just keep the plate under your seat. When the cop pulss out to pull you over, chuck it up and on top the of dash board.
Old 08-16-2004, 07:26 AM

Received 195 Likes on 99 Posts

I wish ours was only $10. It is up to $55 now but I still pay it as it is cheaper than the speeding tickets they would give me.
Old 08-16-2004, 11:03 PM

yea i pasted the cop going the speed limit too!! to see if my radar detector worked TT, but he just said i have no license plate.
no papers issued, not even really a verbal warning, i told him this is how the car came and i did not know it was a law. He was like get it put on.

so if they dont give a paper its not official so i can use the same excuse again without looking like a fool?

that licence plate under seat is good but i thought on the dash is still illegal, has to be mounted on bumper
Old 08-16-2004, 11:13 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just moved to North Carolina and front plates aren't required here.

However, back in Los Angeles, I went apartment shopping with my girlfriend and she parked at a meter. I put in 15 minutes worth of coin and we probably spent 25 minutes inside. We come outside to her car to see two tickets on the windshield; one for expired meter and one for no front license plate. On a parked car! They're cracking down in LA because of all the new red light cameras.
Old 08-17-2004, 02:19 AM

The only traffic citations that go on the national database are moving violations. Speeding, tailgating, unsafe speed, crossing solid yellow or white line, unsafe lane change, ect. Seat belt or parking tickets don't show up on a police officers computer unless, of course, you fail to appear or fail to pay the fine. Then it's the big house

Stuff like misdemenors or felonies will show up on a police officers computer
Old 08-17-2004, 04:31 AM

Originally Posted by Daniel L,Aug 17 2004, 02:13 AM
I just moved to North Carolina and front plates aren't required here.

However, back in Los Angeles, I went apartment shopping with my girlfriend and she parked at a meter. I put in 15 minutes worth of coin and we probably spent 25 minutes inside. We come outside to her car to see two tickets on the windshield; one for expired meter and one for no front license plate. On a parked car! They're cracking down in LA because of all the new red light cameras.
why ruin a nice looking car right? at least they do something right down here.

Quick Reply: Information about Police "warnings"