Car and Bike Talk Discussions and comparisons of cars and motorcycles of all makes and models.

im not jealous....BUT

Old 01-19-2004, 07:44 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by funkylemons
I always think of it this way.. instead of the dad having to spend money to support the kid for the rest of his life, food, clothes, COLLEGE, etc.. he can just buy him a fast car.. that way he kills himself and hes free of the money burden... but as I think about it.. where it may be possible with a 5.0L Mustang or something of that nature.. a 911 GT3 almost defeats the purpose with the price..

Yes I was kidding.. I'm not THAT evil.. :thumbsdown: to careless parents
we wouldnt have to worry about that...in kuwait education is free
his dad litrally has 3 houses, gives him too much money to spend on clothes, and they r never starved
so buying him a fast car is not that bad
i really wish him luck with driving this car...his driveing is just TOO dangerous!
he does more dangerous things a day tham i do in a year!
Old 01-19-2004, 08:31 AM

Oh boy, i smell a accident waiting to happen
Just to share a small story that maybe the NY-members heard about this past summer. A 18yo kid from NJ similar to the one that you know in Kuwait, was driving his GF and a friend around NYC in his new Mercedes SL600 Coupe who his parents gave him. Well he went out on the town that nite and smashed it up and all 3 died. From the investigation they found that the teen was driving in access of 100 MPH and hit a barrier of some sort on the highway, lost control and from eyewitness's the car flew in the air and came back down. The car lit on fire and the engine/tranny landed about a mile down the freeway! Friends and family say he was always "pedal to the metal" and had acquired some speedin and reckless driving tickets. What makes it sad is that 2 innocent young aspiring lives were lost. And all because a kid wanted to show-off to his friends. This story was on the front page of the NY-Post and it really hit me. We really need to be careful out there and keep things like this in mind. Sorry for rambling guys but somehow this reminded me of this incident
Old 02-26-2004, 01:36 AM

lol saud...

dude you are super jelouse...

7abeeby...remember this..no matter how much money they got or how much houses and cars they have..
being satisfied with a piece of bread for lunch everyday is better than anything they will have..

plus..you got a big piece of bread that you should be satisfied with...thats the s2k for you..

my friend drives a gt3..its a sweet car i know that...and its the s2k is the closest thing to it but i like the s2k over the gt3 ....ragtop and more personality...

gool el7emdlah 3ala kelshy...ow alah yzeed 3aleehom ow ybark feehom..

thats the best way..dont kill your self over something thats not worth it..
Old 02-26-2004, 05:12 AM

The kid is definitely an idiot, but the dad is the root of the problem for sure. Dad buying me a CL500, then moving me to a 911 GT3? Ya....I'm going to become a contributory member of society real quick....NOT.
Old 02-26-2004, 03:14 PM

I can't hate on the kid. There will always be people with a lot of money and there will always be people with less money.

The dad just wants the best for his son. But in getting the best, he does not realize the carelessness in his son. Maybe they'll have a talk and the father can convince the son to slow down and take caution to not harm himself or others. That's the best to hope for.
Old 02-27-2004, 01:35 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Saud2k
i know a 17 year old kid who's dad just brought him a new 911 GT3
its his second car after driving a benz CL500 for two months
he drives like an asshole(REALLY aggresive)
he doesnt know how to drive a manual car
he did not break the car in
he was redlineing the car from the first day(even though its his first time driving a stick)
i told him that this car will kill you if u continue with this shit
he looked at me , and told me that im jealous
FUKCING KID! im i jealous?, or is he the asshole? or is his dad the shit head?
Old 02-27-2004, 02:31 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by YoOSHi 187
lol saud...

dude you are super jelouse...

7abeeby...remember this..no matter how much money they got or how much houses and cars they have..
Old 02-27-2004, 02:08 PM

Well if you're his friend, why not show him a few threads or websites that contain bad accidents and fatalities, and try to convince him to not become another crash statistic.

Experience is the best teacher, but for stuff like this, it's often too dangerous to see how far one can go....

Or REFUSE to ride along with him until he slows down or takes a proper driving school, etc.

Interesting, just to the right of this thread in an ad box by Google is a link to a "proven downloadable course to learn how to drive a stick shift car"

///Robin
Old 02-27-2004, 04:06 PM

why dont you teach him ?

i'd say you're older and wiser...i got somethin for u
thats if u care for him
teach him how to drive stick...1st step
then teach him that racing everything in the street gets the car jacked up and he would drive the car less..

after he knows how to drive his car and knows how to control it ... take him out to auto cross events he'll love it..
but make sure he doesnt get out of hand and start doing auto cross in the street..
XD
.02 cents
Old 02-27-2004, 05:56 PM

money buy's love , duh, he must not love him because he did not get a mcClaren

Quick Reply: im not jealous....BUT