Car and Bike Talk Discussions and comparisons of cars and motorcycles of all makes and models.

I'm a %*$(# Idiot.

Old 05-14-2003, 06:53 AM
bkw

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default I'm a %*$(# Idiot.

This morning I thought it'd be nice to bring my friends 929rr to work. I've ridden this bike quite a few times before, and I would be confident enough to say that I am very comfortable riding it.

Since we have two cars in our garage, the bike usually goes in tail first so that exiting would be simple. Unfortunately, yesterday I was kinda lazy and parked it in nose first (tail facing the exit). Whenever I do this, I usually pull it out while standing next to the bike, never straddled. So as I'm trying to be careful not to touch either one of the other cars, my knapsack hits the sideview mirror on the s2k, I glance over for a second at my car, and I notice that I?m losing balance on the bike!! I quickly jumped in between my car and the bike and got smooshed in between thus saving both bike and car, but the peg caught my leg and tore my pants and broke my skin. ow! I stumbled upstairs and cursed myself for not wearing leathers (I had decided to wear my normal work clothes - shirt/tie/wool slacks) or jeans. I stuffed some pants into my bag and put on a set of baggy jeans.. bad idea.

Now I have this pronounced limp from the laceration/bruise on my upper calf. I get the bike out, and I test my leg to make sure that I can keep the weight of the bike balanced underneath me.. it hurts, but I thought that I could do it. wrong. As I tried to kick the kickstand up, my pant leg (baggy jeans) got caught on the peg and the next thing I knew I was doing the 'oh shit' wobble and bam, I?m lying on the floor with the bike on my leg!

The brunt of the fall was taken by the exhaust and my body, so the plastic and bars are untouched, but one of the farings does look a little pushed in.

I'll be going to the doctor in about 15 minutes once my roomate comes home, but i think i have a sprained ankle and some bruises.. oh, and a bruised ego too since i did do this infront of some kids on their way to school.

Old 05-14-2003, 06:59 AM

Ouch! One of my roommates co-workers stored his bike at our house over the weeked. I came home early yesterday to see my roommates Celica GT-S in the garage, but his bike was gone (figures), and his co-workers bike just sitting there.

I was so tempted to take it for a quick rip, but I probably would have pulled off something similar, because his bike was parked like yours... not to mention I would have had to navigate between the Celica and my S2000!
Old 05-14-2003, 07:43 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Damn...sorry about your leg. I know how you feel about getting the jeans caught on the pegs. My jeans got caught a couple times on the heel guard. Couple scary moments.

Now, whenever I where jeans, I normally stuff the jeans inside my riding boots.
Old 05-14-2003, 07:45 AM
Former Moderator

Hope you feel better soon and the injuries aren't too bad. It sucks that material possessions come before our own well being
Old 05-15-2003, 12:28 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by integrate
[B]Damn...sorry about your leg.
Old 05-15-2003, 06:32 AM

Originally posted by diGital.James

don't lie jun..you don't wear jeans....i heard you liek to ride in your birthday suit...
Birthday suit?

I guess
Old 05-15-2003, 07:26 AM

Baggy clothes and motorcycles are not a good combination.

There was a while there when I had four motorcycles squeezed in my garage next to my S2000. I came close to tipping one into the car once. I'm more careful now. Since the bikes are always on the right of the S2000 and the sidestands are always on the left of the bikes, I always pull them in nose first. That's the safest in my opinion, unless you have a self retracting side stand as my Ducati originally did. I straddle the bike when pulling out of the garage maybe half of the time. The rest of the time, I back it out, then start it and warm it up. I have more control over the bike when I'm on it than when I'm next to it.

Hope you heal up quickly.
Old 05-15-2003, 08:13 PM

Wow, sorry to hear that. Although now I don't feel so bad about the times I tried riding off with the lock still on the front wheel.
Old 05-16-2003, 06:05 AM

damn dude...that sucks....those are the kind of stories you keep to yourself.... :-)