Car and Bike Talk Discussions and comparisons of cars and motorcycles of all makes and models.

I'll take the one in Gulf racing color scheme...

Old 01-19-2012, 03:51 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TheDonEffect
...I remember clarkson having issues with his, ...
You mean problems with his car alarm? He wrote a rant about his aftermarket car alarm a number of years ago, but I don't recall him having any issues with the car itself.

There is an issue with these half-remembered anecdotes. Jonboy has that problem, too. There were no suspension failures on the Ford GT, just a part that had "casting irregularities" that was found and replaced when only 114 cars had been built.

Of course, what gets repeated years later bears only a passing resemblance to the truth.
Old 01-19-2012, 06:27 AM

Received 416 Likes on 239 Posts

So they bought a bunch stored them and now are hoping to profit. This guy should line his cars up for a douche parade.
Old 01-19-2012, 08:24 AM

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

That was a positive, neg rep Gigdy

I agree, anyone who has that many of the exact same car and never driven is probably the biggest tool face you'll ever meet
Old 01-19-2012, 08:34 AM

Received 522 Likes on 400 Posts

Originally Posted by NuncoStr8
Originally Posted by TheDonEffect' timestamp='1326950889' post='21330910
...I remember clarkson having issues with his, ...
You mean problems with his car alarm? He wrote a rant about his aftermarket car alarm a number of years ago, but I don't recall him having any issues with the car itself.

There is an issue with these half-remembered anecdotes. Jonboy has that problem, too. There were no suspension failures on the Ford GT, just a part that had "casting irregularities" that was found and replaced when only 114 cars had been built.

Of course, what gets repeated years later bears only a passing resemblance to the truth.
Relax, I did say that my knowledge on these cars are limited. But I did remember clarkson having some kind of engine issue, but it has been some time. Still, I would place my bet on the GT over astons, ferraris, audis, etc in terms of durability and cost of ownership in regards to the drivetrain since gt500 owners seem to be doing fine. I just hate that friggin door design, lol, but if I could afford a car like that and actually drive it around, I wouldn't be parking it next to anything anyway.
Old 01-19-2012, 01:20 PM

Received 234 Likes on 165 Posts

Ah, the irony...

A crack in an A-arm is not a failure? I'm glad you're not in charge of engineering at Ford.

Ask any engineer, any REAL engineer, and they'll tell you a crack is a failure. Of course, not all of them drive a 2003 Mustang GT so they may not have the inherent expertise in Ford repairs but I assure you, a crack is a failure. Just because someone didn't wreck their car when an A-arm snapped doesn't mean the recall wasn't due to a failure.

http://www.caranddriver.com/news/at-...dache-car-news

But, getting to anecdotes rather than facts, here are a few corrections for you:

448 cars (not 114) had been built by the time the cracks were discovered. 289 were with dealers and 106 had reached owners at the time of the recall. Overall, nearly 400 cars were recalled (395, to be exact).

A-arm cracks aside, there were more issues with the car (battery drain, climate control issues, crankshaft finish problems, etc,etc) that required quite a few repairs/upgrades by Ford under warranty. But as always, don't let the facts get in your way.
Old 01-19-2012, 01:33 PM

And once again, someone who cannot make a post without mentioning the car I drive expects to be taken seriously. Really?

Sorry, just over 100 cars had been delivered, more than that had been built. I was so wrong it's ridiculous.

When you actually graduate from college, let us all know. Until then, stop talking about REAL engineers as if you know one. You and steponme ought to stop hanging out together so much, you're getting hard to tell apart. It's kind of creepy the way you both have this weird Napoleon complex.
Old 01-19-2012, 01:57 PM

Received 234 Likes on 165 Posts

And once again, someone who cannot make a post without mentioning the car I drive expects to be taken seriously. Really?

Sorry, just over 100 cars had been delivered, more than that had been built. I was so wrong it's ridiculous.

When you actually graduate from college, let us all know. Until then, stop talking about REAL engineers as if you know one. You and steponme ought to stop hanging out together so much, you're getting hard to tell apart. It's kind of creepy the way you both have this weird Napoleon complex.
You started it with the "what do you drive that makes you an expert" comments. You brought it on yourself and if you can't keep up with the game, just back away slowly.

And yes, you were wrong - there were failures. You just don't recognize them as such because a) you're a layman so failure means "something broke" as opposed to the engineering definition which, in this case, means something failed to maintain its integrity b) you're a Detroit car junkie and c) you saw my post and immediately moved to try and correct me.

You said a very specific number of cars were built (114), which was way different than had actually been built (448). If you'd said, 114 cars were DELIVERED, you'd have been close but even then, since you were talking about facts versus anecdotes, that's not about to be ignored. You can't call someone out on their spelling and then misspell a word as well....

I can post my engineering stamps (registered in both Texas and Alberta), degree (Bachelor of Mechanical Engineering) and professional registration papers any time you want.

I have a problem with people that call others out, then are proven to be factually incorrect and can't man up and admit it. I also have a problem with people that make derogatory statements about someone's family members. I further have an issue with people that snipe but rarely add any constructive value to a conversation. You're guilty of all three.
Old 01-19-2012, 05:28 PM

Originally Posted by JonBoy
Originally Posted by NuncoStr8' timestamp='1327012419' post='21333523

You started it with the "what do you drive that makes you an expert" comments. You brought it on yourself and if you can't keep up with the game, just back away slowly.

Bullshit. Many of your posts are just to contradict me. And every time, you bring up my car as your supporting argument.

You have issues that I have nothing to do with. Get over yourself. You have the same degree they handed out to ~70,000 people last year. You are coming across as an insecure Honda fanboi. Is that how you think of yourself?
Old 01-19-2012, 06:09 PM

Old 01-19-2012, 08:44 PM

Received 118 Likes on 68 Posts

Originally Posted by JonBoy' timestamp='1327013858' post='21333589
[quote name='NuncoStr8' timestamp='1327012419' post='21333523']

Bullshit. Many of your posts are just to contradict me. And every time, you bring up my car as your supporting argument.

You have issues that I have nothing to do with. Get over yourself. You have the same degree they handed out to ~70,000 people last year. You are coming across as an insecure Honda fanboi. Is that how you think of yourself?
[/quote]

Eh, you can do better than that. Come on, Nunco, that was a phoned in rebuttal.

Quick Reply: I'll take the one in Gulf racing color scheme...