Car and Bike Talk Discussions and comparisons of cars and motorcycles of all makes and models.

Ignorance runs rampant in the "Vortex"

Old 12-13-2004, 11:30 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Mind boggling that those guys know stuff about the S2000 that S2000 owners don't...never heard of a leaky S2000 roof before. I'm sure you'll find that these forum members are as ignorant as the people that termed it the torquelss wonder. Ignorance is bliss...
Old 12-13-2004, 11:57 AM

I used to be a VW owner and still frequent vwvortex from time to time. While there are many cool and knowledgeable people on that board, there are way more idiots too. And the idiot ratio is only slightly lower than clubsi. You just have to ignore those comments and restrain yourself from responding to all of them otherwise you'll have no free time left =)
Old 12-13-2004, 12:00 PM

I've been a Vortex member since like 1997.
Old 12-13-2004, 12:20 PM

Originally Posted by bluedd,Dec 13 2004, 12:57 PM
...While there are many cool and knowledgeable people on that board, there are way more idiots too. And the idiot ratio is only slightly lower than clubsi. You just have to ignore those comments and restrain yourself from responding to all of them otherwise you'll have no free time left =)
kinda like NASIOC.

Oh man, I remember clubsi... hahahaha
Old 12-13-2004, 10:40 PM

Originally Posted by derryck,Dec 13 2004, 12:30 PM
Mind boggling that those guys know stuff about the S2000 that S2000 owners don't
They're probably just making stupid assumptions, since the S2000 is a roadster.

Maybe someone should go on there and bait them with all kinds of Beetle Cabrio leaky roof complaints.
Old 12-14-2004, 01:17 AM

A lot of ignorance on there, but also quite a few knowledgeable members, or at least members that understand basic logic. It was an entertaining read, if nothing else.
Old 12-14-2004, 01:04 PM

Those are the punks that steal out antennas!

Seriously, I used to have a 1.8t and was a member of that forum. I liked the interior of my VW, but the body roll, torque steer, and reliability issues were killing me. My S2000 is faster, handles better, looks better, and is more fun to drive IMO.
Old 12-14-2004, 03:13 PM

The car lounge is cool and a great place to find info about new cars coming out. But vwvortex as a whole seems to be the most concentrated brand loyal group I have ever seen. I actually think brand blinded is more accurate. I think it is mainly the younger crowd that came in with the intro of the MKIV jetta/golf. Basically, if it does not have that world renowned fall apart german engineering, then its crap seems to be the concensus.

I would not waste much time getting bent out of shape b/c someone with a car that can not even be classified as anything other than a glorified soft dash econobox with horrible reliability and dealership service to boot without blowing a considerable amount of cash. Even then, the end result is usually nothing more than a fast straight line crusiser
Old 12-14-2004, 05:45 PM

Originally Posted by Joe in STL,Dec 14 2004, 05:04 PM
Those are the punks that steal out antennas!

Seriously, I used to have a 1.8t and was a member of that forum. I liked the interior of my VW, but the body roll, torque steer, and reliability issues were killing me. My S2000 is faster, handles better, looks better, and is more fun to drive IMO.
with that.
I am also a Former VW owner. I guess we all go through the VW phase when were younger
And i also have never heard of this leaky roof issue? Who drives thier S2000 in the rain anyway? Most of us like myself never use the S in inclement weather to find that out. (thats what the "Beater" car is for) However, i have washed the car many times with the garden hose and never seen a sign of water inside.
Old 12-14-2004, 06:22 PM

I find it quite funny that the VW drivers were like "Ewwww, a Honda" well, wasn't it not too long ago many were like "Ewwwww, a Volkswagen" ?

-Chase

Quick Reply: Ignorance runs rampant in the "Vortex"